Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

that hair is a mess. Not feeling it

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Guys, stop complaining about the hair - it's clearly a little longer on the X-Men Blue cover, the cover artist for her solo probably screwed up. As far as I can see she's just having the bangs cut back in. It'll be similar to how it looked before Secret Wars.
    Not sure where you're getting that her hair will be close to her previous length. The original character and costume desgigns show her with this haircut.

Someone please rescue her scalp.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I just wish I could find the one where Scott clumsily lands on top of her. XD
    Got you
    17.jpg

18.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    It'll be okay I think. He did really good with her in X-Men: Season One so I have, well, hope.
    At last, I knew it was a pipe dream to hope for adult Jean. That said, I also really liked Xmen: Season One so I'm hopeful for a Jean Solo.

As for the hair, it makes her look like a cute dork which is OK with me. *cough*
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 12-01-2016 at 11:01 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I am incredibly excited for this!

Hopeless just kind of gets Jean Grey, and anyone that has read X-Men Season One should know that. The promise of the former Phoenix hosts and Boom Boom has me excited too, and since editorial seems not to be mandating him on what characters he can and cannot use, Dennis is likely to a much happier guy. His Hope is one of the best, and Jean and Quentin could have a really interesting dynamic. Not to mention that it's long overdue for Jean and Rachel to say more than three words to each other.

As for the Phoenix, I actually expected that, and that has me excited too. It was brought back by Lemire for Thanos and I don't see Marvel allowing Thanos to get his hands on it when Jean Grey is right there, so now this will be competing with that. I love the idea that it seems like Jean is getting precognition now? It's a facet of telepathy not often seen in anyone outside of Psylocke. Maybe Hopeless will remember her psychometry and sparkly pink form too?

Ibanez isn't my first choice artist for this but his art is still top notch, so I'm okay with it.

Overall I'm very very excited for this. Gen X seems like the worst out of the bunch so far, and it still looks really very good. Resurrxion is shaping up to be great, imho.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I am incredibly excited for this!

Hopeless just kind of gets Jean Grey, and anyone that has read X-Men Season One should know that. The promise of the former Phoenix hosts and Boom Boom has me excited too, and since editorial seems not to be mandating him on what characters he can and cannot use, Dennis is likely to a much happier guy. His Hope is one of the best, and Jean and Quentin could have a really interesting dynamic. Not to mention that it's long overdue for Jean and Rachel to say more than three words to each other.

As for the Phoenix, I actually expected that, and that has me excited too. It was brought back by Lemire for Thanos and I don't see Marvel allowing Thanos to get his hands on it when Jean Grey is right there, so now this will be competing with that. I love the idea that it seems like Jean is getting precognition now? It's a facet of telepathy not often seen in anyone outside of Psylocke. Maybe Hopeless will remember her psychometry and sparkly pink form too?

Ibanez isn't my first choice artist for this but his art is still top notch, so I'm okay with it.

Overall I'm very very excited for this. Gen X seems like the worst out of the bunch so far, and it still looks really very good. Resurrxion is shaping up to be great, imho.
    While I may not agree with all of your opinions, I appreciate your positivy considering the current mess of people bitching about everything.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, let's retread the Phoenix for the billionth time.

Nothing says "mediocre X-Men run" like redoing Claremont plots.

I'm fine with this. I like Hopeless well enough.
    I think I've liked most of what I've read of his.

I also like the hair. It puts me in mind of Jeanne D'arc.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

ugh, why more phoenix?

They already did civil war 2, enemy of the state 2, are Marvel getting ready to piss off X-Fans with a dark phoenix saga 2?

There's so much more interesting stuff they could do with Jean Grey, but they can't seem to get over her once being the phoenix.

No wonder Marvel mandated she stay dead, it's just kinda sad in 15+ years no other writer can come up with a new way to handle the character without bringing back the phoenix for like the 5th time.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm not really shocked that this will be dealing with the Phoenix. I mean the Thanos ongoing will be him searching for it I believe, so it was only going to be a matter of time.

I don't get why people are bitching about the Phoenix.

The Phoenix and Jean Grey have been essential parts of each other for forty years, and they haven't been associated with one another since Jean got here from the past.

It was going to be dealt with one way or another and it's possible the O5 are going home soon. Just let it happen.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

These Phoenix complains just feels weird for me. Sounds like if people were saying "More Ultron on Hank Pym's story?" "More Hydra on Captain America?" "More Limbo on Magik?" "More Weapon X on Wolverine?"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I don't get why people are bitching about the Phoenix.
    Because for four decades, Jean's only stories have been Phoenix shenanigans, relationship drama, and "I'm sad that Jean is dead."

And when that wasn't happening, she became a total non-factor. Because those three story hooks are the only things going for the character.
    They could try breaking away from that, but why bother, I guess?

The ONE interesting thing about the O5 was Jean becoming weirdly sinister, and that vanished even before the end of Bendis' run.
    Last edited by majormcmeat; 12-01-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    Because for four decades, Jean's only stories have been Phoenix shenanigans, relationship drama, and "I'm sad that Jean is dead."
    but it's mostly been her being possessed by it, hasn't it? Seems like now she's making sure this doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    Uhm, no.

Did you read X-Factor?

Or anything from the entire nineties?

Revolution?

Morrison's run before Planet X?

All New X-Men v1?

I'm guessing that's a resounding 'no.'