Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digital Comics!

Amazing Member

I just picked up an iPad Pro 12.9 and all I can say is WOW! The screen is omnibus size, but tiny TPB weight. Its a total luxury purchase, but its fantastic. I decided to sell off some of my higher valued omnibuses to pay for it and I'm very happy with the decision.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    I just picked up an iPad Pro 12.9 and all I can say is WOW! The screen is omnibus size, but tiny TPB weight. Its a total luxury purchase, but its fantastic. I decided to sell off some of my higher valued omnibuses to pay for it and I'm very happy with the decision.
    Yep, I've had one for about a year. GREAT for digital comics. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai32 View Post
    Yep, I've had one for about a year. GREAT for digital comics.
    My iPad (and Comixology) got me back in to comics. Great indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    My iPad (and Comixology) got me back in to comics. Great indeed!
    Yes. I can't remember last time I bought a physical comic, and large percentage of time I wait till a comic I'm interested in is in comiXology sales.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...thing-changes/

This could be a lot of cool things I hope it happens pretty soon.

I'd like a nice discount for subscribing to titles and a Netflix style subscription would be pretty cool.

Since I got my iPad I've been stunned by just now into digital comics I've gotten, as I tend to be a physical media type of guy. But the convenience, as well as just how good the comics can look on an iPad Pro, has me totally won over. As a DC guy, the lack of something similar to Marvel Unlimited has been a continual bummer, so this news is very welcome and I look forward to seeing what's to come.

Just a little background - I'll be moving overseas soon, and the thought of shipping my entire comics library (which, among my store-purchased omnis, deluxes, trades, etc, included somewhere in the area of 200 or more custom bound hardcovers) was too much, not to mention I'm not sure how much space I will even have for such a library. So I sold off 95% of my collection, got the iPad, and have not looked back. I absolutely get why some folks prefer physical books, but I've been surprised by how easy the transition has been to digital.

I'm hoping to get a cheap subscription option for titles, Netflix style DC Unlimited is a close second, I just hope it doesn't take too long I'd like to see this in the next few months and I don't understand why they are so far behind Marvel. Digital is pretty obviously where we are headed from movie watching to comic reading Ipad's and tablets in general changed how millions get there media.

I cut the cord on paper comics a long time ago due to being too expensive, inconvenient to pick up, and them taking up too much room. I know many will always want a physical book in their hands and that's cool. I just tire of Digital being held back for emotional reasons from tptb. It would be like TV networks and movie studios not doing streaming services because they only want to sell dvd's.
    Last edited by Tony; 03-07-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Since I got my iPad I've been stunned by just now into digital comics I've gotten, as I tend to be a physical media type of guy. But the convenience, as well as just how good the comics can look on an iPad Pro, has me totally won over. As a DC guy, the lack of something similar to Marvel Unlimited has been a continual bummer, so this news is very welcome and I look forward to seeing what's to come.

Just a little background - I'll be moving overseas soon, and the thought of shipping my entire comics library (which, among my store-purchased omnis, deluxes, trades, etc, included somewhere in the area of 200 or more custom bound hardcovers) was too much, not to mention I'm not sure how much space I will even have for such a library. So I sold off 95% of my collection, got the iPad, and have not looked back. I absolutely get why some folks prefer physical books, but I've been surprised by how easy the transition has been to digital.
    Now imagine if the app would allow you to create custom reading orders and folders. I dont get why its so difficult for them to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm hoping to get a cheap subscription option for titles, Netflix style DC Unlimited is a close second, I just hope it doesn't take too long I'd like to see this in the next few months and I don't understand why they are so far behind Marvel. Digital is pretty obviously where we are headed from movie watching to comic reading Ipad's and tablets in general changed how millions get there media.

I cut the cord on paper comics a long time ago due to being too expensive, inconvenient to pick up, and them taking up too much room. I know many will always want a physical book in their hands and that's cool. I just tire of Digital being held back for emotional reasons from tptb. It would be like TV networks and movie studios not doing streaming services because they only want to sell dvd's.
    Probably because it's hard to try out new stuff that cost a lot of money while your sales are in the toilet.

Also, the Prime add-on subscriptions is a relatively recent development so it's not something they could have just piggybacked on a few years back. The infrastructure still needed to be built back then.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Friday to Sunday this weekend Marvel is running a half off sale.

If your looking to catch up on some titles you might want to plot out what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Friday to Sunday this weekend Marvel is running a half off sale.

If your looking to catch up on some titles you might want to plot out what your looking for.
    Is that line-wide? Does it include new releases? Need to get digital copies of books I had already preordered for February release before I learned they were changing the digital copy program.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Massive Marvel Weekend Sale
    This Friday-Sunday, save up to 50% on more than 20,000 Marvel digital comics and graphic novels. Browse all

I don't know if books that came out Wednesday will be discounted but it is usually a good way to get stuff that already had a good digital discount for half again off. I have gotten some really good deals on trades. Usually if sales overlap like when the DR Strange issues were $.99 they were only 50 cents because they got the half off as well and I think the last time it was New Warriors Classic trades for like 2 dollars each.

I think New warriors I had to use Comixology buy one get one option instead of Amazon so I didn't get the Kindle version as well but still a cheap read.
    Last edited by Tony; 03-08-2017 at 01:09 PM.

I forget how I signed up but every Wednesday Amazon sends out an email with all the digital comic sales for the week. The bit at the top was just the Marvel part of the email it's a nice heads up.