View Poll Results: Did you thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be a Rebirth for the X-men ?.

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

36 52.94%
  • No.

5 7.35%
  • I didnt had expectations for ResurreXiOn.

14 20.59%
  • I knew that the announcements would be dissapointing.

13 19.12%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Did you thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be a Rebirth for the X-men ?.

Given that most people in this board is bummed out because of the announcements; im asking you if you actually thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be for the X-men what Rebirth was DC, something that's not going to happen until Disney gets the movie rights back from FOX.

The premise is still the same. Bringing back old elements and revamping them with a more hopeful line. It's just the rosters that people don't like. And the creative teams for others.

After they said there would be an X-Man coming back to lead the X-Men into the future I actually thought it could be the old Jean... I also thought Generation X would feature more older characters as teachers. Besides that... I don't really see what's wrong with the books we have. Creative teams maybe? I don't like Guggenheim.

Well, there's the O5 that most people hate but it was really silly to think they would go away just because of that. And Gold has a great roster. Yeah, it's pretty much like EXM, but the roster is like very, very far from being EXM's problem, it's one of the only good things actually.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Given that most people in this board is bummed out because of the announcements; im asking you if you actually thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be for the X-men what Rebirth was DC, something that's not going to happen until Disney gets the movie rights back from FOX.
    How is it not a Rebirth-ish thing?

A book with O5 and then a book with pretty much Claremont's team?

How is that not going back to the past?

did people really expect them to ressurect all the dead peeps?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If you thought Disney-Marvel was going to usher in a grand new age for the X-Men while Fox still has the film rights, you just set yourself up for disappointment.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

A lot of people were excited because they thought this would "go back" to when the x-men were "great." Aka more of the same.

These books ARE "more of the same" and people still aren't happy about it. So like the poster above me said, it seems the majority of dislike is due to their favorite characters not being included or bad creative teams in their mind. Because they did in fact bring back "more of the same." Which is a valid opinion. I just don't agree. I'm satisfied.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

I will test all team books. Not perfect but they look good. I will see more after first issue .

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I personally am happy for the Jean Grey solo and X-men Blue.

No its a difference in opinion what era the X-men were great in.

For the X-staff ins the 70's

For a lot of the fan's its the late 80's Early 90's.

That makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    A lot of people were excited because they thought this would "go back" to when the x-men were "great." Aka more of the same.

These books ARE "more of the same" and people still aren't happy about it. So like the poster above me said, it seems the majority of dislike is due to their favorite characters not being included or bad creative teams in their mind. Because they did in fact bring back "more of the same." Which is a valid opinion. I just don't agree. I'm satisfied.
    Well, the books are more of the same of what we were already getting. Gold and Blue are Extraordinary and All-New. Gen X is in the same vein as WTXM or Spiderman & the X-mem. The biggest change is that there'll be no Uncanny, which is the best current one.
    Fans were hoping for old Jean, more Magik, M, Psylocke, Gambit, Rogue, Dazzler and at least some of the NXM generation. Instead we got more O5, more ANAD and the most obscure X-teens.
    Bringing Kitty and Rachel back is one of the few good changes, but Kitty as leader doesn't feel earned after she left the team and Rachel looks ridiculous.

BANNED

FYI:O5 is Stan Lee not CC

Like, I said. Same concept as Rebirth but some people don't like which eras are being focused/the people working on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    FYI:O5 is Stan Lee not CC
    Well, about the O5 that Claremont wrote, Jean and Scott are dead, Beast is now a traitor, and Warren is Archangel.

I just expected a thorough shake-up.

Instead it's almost the same teams and the same talent behind the books. So lame.

The tone of ResurreXion was far more important to me than the nitty gritty of the books. The lifting of the... cloud that's hung over the X-books for so long was the main point. So far, X-Men Blue and Jean Grey are definite reads for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'