View Poll Results: Did you thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be a Rebirth for the X-men ?.

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

36 52.94%
  • No.

5 7.35%
  • I didnt had expectations for ResurreXiOn.

14 20.59%
  • I knew that the announcements would be dissapointing.

13 19.12%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, about the O5 that Claremont wrote, Jean and Scott are dead, Beast is now a traitor, and Warren is Archangel.
    But they are also back, in X-men Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The tone of ResurreXion was far more important to me than the nitty gritty of the books. The lifting of the... cloud that's hung over the X-books for so long was the main point. So far, X-Men Blue and Jean Grey are definite reads for me.
    right, done with schisms and extinction events. More heroics and adventure. THAT'S what I'm looking for.

BANNED

vasir12 :
    right, done with schisms and extinction events. More heroics and adventure. THAT'S what I'm looking for.
    Heroics? Adventures? Rogue and Sunspot are doing this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    But they are also back, in X-men Blue.
    Well, that depends if you like the time-displaced teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I like smaller stories,

How about a televised debate with Rush Limbaugh like anti mutant personality, the drama, the stakes: public opinion, the Eye s of both the mutant and human communities on character A and his or her Team. And the stress, strain and drama that produces.

The Heroics are just the garnish.

I think a lot of people's problem is that Blue team and Gold team are a nineties thing, that **** was born in the nineties. So, where's Bishop? Where's Gambit? Is Psylocke even still showing up, surely she deserves to be on a flagship, right?

But, no. Marvel is stuck in the sixties to eighties era of X-Men for whatever reason. Occasionally, characters from the 2000s will pop up, but often only because of Morrison's run and I like Morrison, he's awesome. But, they keep pushing Fantomex and they ruined him. Emma is seemingly going back to villain status, because people sometimes have trouble writing the "alpha bitch" character as a good guy. I'd say Quentin's actually improved though.

There are exceptions. The NXM crew will pop up sometimes, but Laura shows up the most. Gambit gets a lot of cameos and guest appearances and gives those titles a bump, but other than Deadpool v Gambit earlier this year, he's gotten no stories where he's a major character since January 2015.

Marvel played it too safe with these books, but they've been playing it safe for years. ResurrXion was hopefully gonna put an to that - and with titles like Iceman, Gen X, and Jean Grey they are - but, Blue and Gold are not what many people wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    vasir12 :

Heroics? Adventures? Rogue and Sunspot are doing this for years.
    I suppose, but what does that mean for the current X-line? Have they been on the bright and sunny lately?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Given that most people in this board is bummed out because of the announcements; im asking you if you actually thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be for the X-men what Rebirth was DC, something that's not going to happen until Disney gets the movie rights back from FOX.
    I think that the problem is not the movies rights...

Alonso DEAD Tony Stark... Tony stark... The golden boy of the films

The problem is alonso's obsession for the young characters...

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Well, I'm very pleased about X-Men Gold. The rest needs to burn. But the Cloud is gone, so it's better than what the books have been in a decade.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Well, I'm very pleased about X-Men Gold. The rest needs to burn. But the Cloud is gone, so it's better than what the books have been in a decade.
    After AVX not have problem of extintio for mutants and the books were disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I suppose, but what does that mean for the current X-line? Have they been on the bright and sunny lately?
    Well, Captain Hydra disbanded the Uncanny Avengers, and the US government think that Sunspot is a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    After AVX not have problem of extintio for mutants and the books were disappointing
    The Post-AvX books were Aaron, who has a burning hate against Cyclops, and Bendis.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I was stupidly hoping for something new and exciting; a brand new team who could tell a brand new story. Instead, we get more of the same, by writers I don't particularly like. So yeah, it probably my fauotnfor expecting something mildly original, but I'm still pretty disappointed. I figured we'd at least get something with Scott or Emma.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I just expected a thorough shake-up.

Instead it's almost the same teams and the same talent behind the books. So lame.
    This is exactly how I'm feeling. Regardless of the nature of the relaunch, I was expecting some serious changes. Thus far the teams look basically the same, and there's a few solo books that won't last very long. If Weapon X doesn't have a good premise and solid creative team, I may end up pulling no X-titles at all.

I didn't have any high nor low expectations. I just wanted to see what the new books and teams were. So far I'm committing to X-Men Gold and Gen X.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I think a lot of people's problem is that Blue team and Gold team are a nineties thing, that **** was born in the nineties. So, where's Bishop? Where's Gambit? Is Psylocke even still showing up, surely she deserves to be on a flagship, right?
    Perhaps Bishop and Gambit and Psylocke and Archangel and a number of other darker favourites will appear in Weapon X. We'll find out tomorrow plus the Cable info. Do they deserve to be in the flagship title? Certainly! Will I be happy seeing them used effectively in a 'satellite' title? Definitely!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'