View Poll Results: Did you thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be a Rebirth for the X-men ?.

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

36 52.94%
  • No.

5 7.35%
  • I didnt had expectations for ResurreXiOn.

14 20.59%
  • I knew that the announcements would be dissapointing.

13 19.12%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

vasir12 :
    I suppose, but what does that mean for the current X-line? Have they been on the bright and sunny lately?
    That everything is normal. we have 3 major groups:
    - Cyclops and Magneto - "humans hate us. They are bad. We will became worse than humans so they will be afraid and they won't attack us."
    - Storm - "humans hate us. We will hide and wait for miracle."
    - Rogue and Sunspot - "humans don't hate us."

dragonmp93
    Well, Captain Hydra disbanded the Uncanny Avengers, and the US government think that Sunspot is a terrorist.
    They still doing heroics.

let's be honest. Cap was evicted. and UA has problems because 3 bigger groups failed.

about Sunspot:

"Roberto da Costa, the leader of the former terrorist think tank Advanced Idea Mechanics and the current New Avengers, makes the shift from from public enemy number in the eyes of the U.S. Military to leader of America’s official teams of super spies and super heroes."
    Last edited by Xelossik; 12-01-2016 at 02:39 PM.

I wasn't expecting some groundbreaking revamping, but at least some risk-taking with rosters and creative teams...Generation X might be the only title trying to break away from this cycle.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Yes, and somehow still believe that.

Not everything came out as some fans wanted but I'm truly happy no more extinction, no more schism and the Inhumans will follow their way far from the X-mens either in space or in Secret Avengers.

I do not know about the others and regardless believe or not in the complex the truth is that the X-mens won.

Marvel will still give priority to other franchises for copyrights but considering that a year ago many imagined that the X-mens were finished think we had an evolution.

It's true the original X-mens are still here but Bunn has surprised us before and has done a great job he deserves our trust.

We have two characters with solos for the first time.

A team of classic X-mens who will finally gain a spot in the sun far from the shadow of extinction.

And while GX was the biggest disappointment for me still believe that someday we have a mutant team like Champions/ Titans-style heroes if we make enough noise.

Fans have every right to complain after all we had to wait more than 10 years for a new beginning and the fact that we're still here after those dark years with mutants serving as a punch bag to promote other franchises shows how much we love these characters and how much we want them to move on to new levels.

So if some want to call the X-fans toxic go ahead I'm at peace with it but never doubt the love of those fans by mutants. I will buy most of the new titles and will continue to complain whenever believe this is necessary.

It may take a few more years to have a real Rebirth but it starts here and now No More Extinction and No More Schism.
    Last edited by Knives; 12-01-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Perhaps Bishop and Gambit and Psylocke and Archangel and a number of other darker favourites will appear in Weapon X. We'll find out tomorrow plus the Cable info. Do they deserve to be in the flagship title? Certainly! Will I be happy seeing them used effectively in a 'satellite' title? Definitely!
    Oh trust me, I'll be very pleased if they show up in Weapon X. They're all perfect for a dark team like that, I'll be very unpleased if it's just more bad Fantomex shilling.

And to be clear, I am going to be giving all of these books a fair shake. There are positives to all of these announcements.

Incredible Member

I guess I'm one of the few around here that is really excited by these books. To me, they give a rebirth vibe. I like the teams and Collossus, Nightcrawler and Storm getting their classic (and best) costumes again. In my opinion, X-men is still Marvels cash cow and despite how people feel around here I think these new titles will be huge sellers for Marvel.

Honestly I'm pretty ok with most of what I'm seeing, I'm just not sure what exactly I'll pick up. I mean we are getting exactly what we wanted, a return to the X-men as superheroes no longer facing extinction. We got exactly that, it's just a manner of if you actually want to read it based on personal preference.

Personally I'm definitely going to read X-men Blue, and I might at least try Gold, Generation X, and Jean Grey.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I thought we may, I don't know see a resurrection of a character or two. And I certainly thought if you were going to basically revolve the entire tease around blue and gold team they might actually have a cast that vaguely resembled the blue and gold teams. I thought we might actually see some new stuff and that's just my own fault for thinking Marvel was actually going to do anything other than hype the same old tired direction with new titles and new number ones. But that's okay I will just only get excited when I actually see them do this instead of falling for a bunch of misdirection which is all this was, a big bait and switch.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Given that most people in this board is bummed out because of the announcements; im asking you if you actually thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be for the X-men what Rebirth was DC, something that's not going to happen until Disney gets the movie rights back from FOX.
    Define what you mean by Rebirth? Assuming it's not just defined as "something you like personally," I'm guessing it either involves a reboot or the price drop. Neither of those things are going to happen because Marvel doesn't do true reboots and they aren't going to leave money on the table. So I never expected those things.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, about the O5 that Claremont wrote, Jean and Scott are dead, Beast is now a traitor, and Warren is Archangel.
    Outside of maybe three issues, how many times did Claremont write for Warren Worthington? Outside of maybe Endgame in X-Factor, when did he write for Warren as Archangel? Outside of the Dark Phoenix Saga and Endgame, when did he write for Beast? Chris Claremont never really did much with the O5, particularly as a team. And I suspect he wrote for Bobby as well since I assume he was in Endgame.

I was cautiously optimistic about ResurreXion since they made it a point to emphasize that this was going to be a rebirth for the X-Men and a return to their more superheroic roots with less doom 'n' gloom. And since we recently got some more x-merch and Marvel and Fox had their negotiations about the Legion and the other mutant series I wanted to believe that maybe things were changing. So yeah, I guess deep down I wanted to hope for the best but I still was a bit suspicious. And it seems that I should have trusted my suspicions.

Sure, we seemingly got rid of the dark cloud looming over the X-Men and mutants in general and the extinction seems to be done for. (For now anyways.) But these books which were advertised as X-Men being reborn in a big way were quite a disappointment. Obviously I can't speak for others but when I heard Marvel folks saying that X-Men would be back to form with more uplifting feel and classic superheroics and that they were going to finally listen to fans and give us what we had been requesting for a long time I expected them to give give us two books (Blue & Gold) of 616 X-Men teams which would have been a mixture of classic, popular X-Men (Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Beast, etc.) and some newer or more rarely seen B-list X-Men (Havok, Polaris, Rachel, Warpath, etc.) and a young student book with beloved student characters like NXM (Hellion, Surge, Elixir, Armor, Rockslide, Mercury, etc.) being trained by the former New Mutants and Gen X members.

So you know, something that would have actually been new and different from the books we've had in the recent years. But instead we got a book that is just a renamed ANXM about the teen O5 (like we've had for the past 3 years) and a book that is basically EXM (which has been what we've gotten for the past year) with couple characters switched and the premise changed (with a writer that hasn't really excelled on x-books in the past) and a book that is basically continuing to focus on the same loser students (who also seem to be hated by many fans) we've gotten in the past in both WatXM and SMatXM. So I don't really get what is the new thing we are getting here exactly? To me it seems like the exactly same thing we've gotten since 2012-2013.

Heck, to be completely honest even these solos (Jean Grey, Iceman) are something we've gotten in the past few years (Storm, Nightcrawler, Cyclops) and do you remember what happened with those? Yeah, they didn't make it. Doesn't Marvel realize by now that most X-Men just don't have the chops to succeed as solo characters because they weren't created to be solo characters. They were created to be part of the team. Maybe in the 90's they could have worked but in today's market only one who can pull that off is Wolverine. I guess (and kind of hope) that Iceman can work and succeed thanks to the recent gay angle and that Jean Grey can work and succeed because readers are just so starved for more Jean Grey (in any form) but I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly all we need now is to have Fantomex (another character a lot of fans seem to hate and Marvel seems to love to push) be the focus of Weapon X and then all of these supposedly brand new books will be exactly what we've gotten in these past few years that fans have been complaining about.

I just don't get Marvel. Why did they hype this up as them listening to fans and giving fans what they've been asking for and then gave us the exact opposite? Their perception of what fans want seems to be very different from what fans tend to say they want. Where do they get these ideas exactly? Their train of thought seems so weird.

Another thing that's weird is the use of characters like OML and Teen O5. I mean, one would think that since Marvel has killed off a lot of big and popular X-Men (Jean, Xavier, Wolverine and now Cyclops) that they would have used this opportunity to have other less used characters (Havok, Warpath, Polaris, Bishop, Dazzler, any of the former New Mutants and Gen X or NXM members) take their place and get some character development but nope, they are just going to bring in and keep using alternate versions of these dead characters (Jeen, Tyke, OML).

What was the point in killing off Cyke, Jean and Wolvie again if you're just gonna use different versions of these same characters in the books? If you're going to kill a character off then at least make it seem like they are actually gone and give their panel time to another less developed B-lister. Just... I dont' get Marvel. I guess only explanations are that they either are completely deaf to fan criticism or they still are actively trying to put X-Men out of their misery (and honestly, to me this seems way more likely since no company can be this oblivious to what their customers want).

In any case, my eXile from the x-books seems to continue since I don't care for half of the cast of Gold, the cast of Blue has long outstayed their welcome, cast of Gen X never interested me and I don't care about X-Men as solo characters all that much. Only book I might get is Weapon X but if that turns out to be what I suspect it will be (a Fantomex focused book) then I won't be picking up that either.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 12-01-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Well I chuck it up to the anti 90's bias, not all the staff have it. But their is a preference for the 70's era that leave a lot of characters out.

I still think it is.

@JustAnotherFan - I think you forgot the rumor that there will be no X-Men in Marvel vs Capcom 4, a series with mostly X-Men since its beginning. No, the CompleX is still alive, unfortunately. At this point I'm not sure there even was a 'thawing' as they say. MvC4 + lackluster launch of (heavy sarcastic quotes) "NEW" X-teams. They are the same as what they were, as others have stated. Blue and Gold is a 90's thing and the rosters are anything but. Many core X-Men are still either dead or scattered all over the place and a shadow of their former selves. So where, then, is this 'resurrexion'?

Fantastic Member

The lineups for Blue and Gold were pretty deflating for me, but there are other (confirmed?) aspects that I'm hopeful for, like blue and gold being in the same base and the school moving to Central Park.

I know there is the cry of "it's basic good business sense" for whenever the X-Men lineup is just A-list characters, but I'm definitely on the side of the fans that wants a good split of the icons with lesser-knowns and kid members.

I am curious of how much disappointment is attributed to the lineups not differing enough from the existing EXM and ANXM teams, or to wanting a particular era whether it's the actual 90's blue/gold or the consigned-to-limbo New X-Men. Which while I would like those eras brought back, I wonder if the same problem of "samey-ness" applies.

For one example of samey-ness, I saw a reader wanting to get back into X-Men aghast at Wood's X-Men not having anyone new (though to its credit the team later had Karima Shapandar and M) as well as the New Mutants (though again I think the details helped the case for it not being that samey)

Lastly, if this tendency of Marvel to do line-wide relaunches continues, we could end up with more pleasing lineups next year or so.

As a matter of fact, Marvel played dirty. Using Blue and Gold to get us 90's fans all riled up and excited and then reveal ....this. It's pretty low and shitty of them to troll an already beaten down portion of their fan base.

You know what would have been nice and had books flying off the shelf and fans everywhere throwing money at Marvel Entertainment?

- Jim Lee coming back to the X-Men
    - A reboot ACTUALLY DONE RIGHT, like DC's.
    - Bring back Xavier, Jean, Scott and Logan. We get it, you sure killed em good. Now make good on your 'ResurreXion' theme already!
    - Bring ALL THE X-MEN back under one roof, why is this so goddamn hard?
    - Claremont writing again with a great team to keep his own weird twists in check.