View Poll Results: Did you thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be a Rebirth for the X-men ?.

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

36 52.94%
  • No.

5 7.35%
  • I didnt had expectations for ResurreXiOn.

14 20.59%
  • I knew that the announcements would be dissapointing.

13 19.12%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    @JustAnotherFan - I think you forgot the rumor that there will be no X-Men in Marvel vs Capcom 4, a series with mostly X-Men since its beginning. No, the CompleX is still alive, unfortunately. At this point I'm not sure there even was a 'thawing' as they say. MvC4 + lackluster launch of (heavy sarcastic quotes) "NEW" X-teams. They are the same as what they were, as others have stated. Blue and Gold is a 90's thing and the rosters are anything but. Many core X-Men are still either dead or scattered all over the place and a shadow of their former selves. So where, then, is this 'resurrexion'?
    I'm aware of that rumor. But I didn't take into consideration here for many reasons. For one, it's still just a vague rumor and we have to wait for the official confirmation on it (It could have easily been made up by someone speculating that Marvel would leave out all the X-Men due to CompleX related issues).
    And two, it's something we heard only recently. The rumor started to circulate only after Marvel had already revealed ResurreXion and talked about X-Men getting a rebirth.

And third and most important, if the game does exist and will in fact be released next year then that means that it's already under development and that the licensing deals for it have been signed most likely. So even if MvC4 doesn't have the X-Men in it doesn't 100% confirm that the thawing between Fox and Marvel hasn't been an actual thing. After all, we did suddenly get more x-merch out after the talks about Fox and Marvel having negotiated about the shows they are partnering on and Marvel has promoted Legion. So some kinds of deals must have been made. But it might only affect the licensing deals Marvel was making during the negotiations with Fox and licensing deals they make from now on. So for all we know the original licensing deals between Marvel and Capcom might have been made during the time when Marvel was keeping X-Men licenses out of every deal they made.

Best ways to tell if the thawing of Marvel-Fox Cold War is real is by observing the Marvel merch and games that are released in the future and being negotiated as we speak. If there are more X-Men among them then there has been an improvement in the relationship and if not, well... then the things continue the same. And personally I've been a bit sceptical about these deals between Marvel and Fox having much of an effect on things in the larger scale from the start. But we'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    The lineups for Blue and Gold were pretty deflating for me, but there are other (confirmed?) aspects that I'm hopeful for, like blue and gold being in the same base and the school moving to Central Park.

I know there is the cry of "it's basic good business sense" for whenever the X-Men lineup is just A-list characters, but I'm definitely on the side of the fans that wants a good split of the icons with lesser-knowns and kid members.

I am curious of how much disappointment is attributed to the lineups not differing enough from the existing EXM and ANXM teams, or to wanting a particular era whether it's the actual 90's blue/gold or the consigned-to-limbo New X-Men. Which while I would like those eras brought back, I wonder if the same problem of "samey-ness" applies.

For one example of samey-ness, I saw a reader wanting to get back into X-Men aghast at Wood's X-Men not having anyone new (though to its credit the team later had Karima Shapandar and M) as well as the New Mutants (though again I think the details helped the case for it not being that samey)

Lastly, if this tendency of Marvel to do line-wide relaunches continues, we could end up with more pleasing lineups next year or so.
    I'm sure that some fans would have complained that bringing back the actual gold and blue teams from the 90's would also be just a rehash of old lineups and same goes for having another book about NXM kids BUT at least those lineups and characters have been gone for at least a decade and in some cases even longer so it would have been more of a different thing and a bigger change than the ones revealed. These are literally just re-packaging of what we have had for the past 3-4 years. And at least the 90's teams and NXM seem to be fan favorites while JGS/Bendis kids and teen O5 seem to be disliked by a sizable portion of the fan base because Marvel just keeps giving us them and not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Well, the books are more of the same of what we were already getting. Gold and Blue are Extraordinary and All-New. Gen X is in the same vein as WTXM or Spiderman & the X-mem. The biggest change is that there'll be no Uncanny, which is the best current one.
    Fans were hoping for old Jean, more Magik, M, Psylocke, Gambit, Rogue, Dazzler and at least some of the NXM generation. Instead we got more O5, more ANAD and the most obscure X-teens.
    Bringing Kitty and Rachel back is one of the few good changes, but Kitty as leader doesn't feel earned after she left the team and Rachel looks ridiculous.
    Some fans were waiting for those things but not all of them. I'm one who was hoping for teen Jean over adult Jean.

I just don't get how some people think there is some collective opinion about things of this nature.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Yeah, I had high hopes for RessurXion when Blue and Gold teasers were announced.

But Marvel killed again all hopes.

BANNED

Factor :
    Fans were hoping for old Jean, more Magik, M, Psylocke, Gambit, Rogue, Dazzler and at least some of the NXM generation. Instead we got more O5, more ANAD and the most obscure X-teens.
    Who should be removed ? We need space for them so other mutants must leave.

I think that members of new Gold or new Blue is more popular than NXM generation.

So long as it untangles the X-Men and Inhuman franchises, I'm fine with it. I don't care about most of the current line-ups, but we'll likely be looking at announcements for three or four new titles at this time next year, so no big.

Astonishing Member

I haven't been regularly following X-men for the last few years. But things have been a mess so I'm glad there is an effort to kinda go 'back to basics' in a sense with two very classic line-ups. Though personally, I feel that the O5 would be better off returning to their own timeline (which has now branched off into a new reality) and their book should be a 'reboot' of sorts of the X-men franchise, showing the O5 use their future knowledge to rewrite the future of the mutants and their own lives in that reality.

I am curious in the long-term about Old Man Logan. In a way, the situation with him kinda reminds me of what's happening with Superman in DC Rebirth (an older alternate version of the character taking over his deceased counterparts life in the mainstream reality). Which makes me wonder...at some point, would Marvel go with a story where OML gets de-aged somehow (I'm sure they can easily think of a way) and simply BECOMES the Wolverine of the MU moving forward. In a way, its a fix that works better for Wolverine than for Superman...since the X-men are known for time-travel and convoluted backstories. Hell, up to a certain point in time, OML has led the exact same life as 616 Wolverine. As for any divergences in memories of the two timelines - well, Logan has typically been a character used to memory issues and conflicting versions of his past...so why not? Plus, since all the Schism and running the school stuff didn't happen to OML, this could be a way to return him to a more 'classic' status quo and persona.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Given that most people in this board is bummed out because of the announcements; im asking you if you actually thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be for the X-men what Rebirth was DC, something that's not going to happen until Disney gets the movie rights back from FOX.
    I can understand how some X-men fans would want an X-men style Rebirth. Given how badly things have gone for the X-men since the end of AvX, I can see how many fans would want something to come along that wiped the slate clean, at least in part. But I never expected RessurXion to be like that. I never expected Marvel to do anything that extensive. They're not even doing anything that extensive with Avengers so I don't see why they would do it for X-men. I originally thought RessurXion would be some new status quo after IvX, one where the X-men would be even more screwed so they could make way for the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners. I'm glad I was wrong and I'm anything but bummed about it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I can understand how some X-men fans would want an X-men style Rebirth. Given how badly things have gone for the X-men since the end of AvX, I can see how many fans would want something to come along that wiped the slate clean, at least in part. But I never expected RessurXion to be like that. I never expected Marvel to do anything that extensive. They're not even doing anything that extensive with Avengers so I don't see why they would do it for X-men. I originally thought RessurXion would be some new status quo after IvX, one where the X-men would be even more screwed so they could make way for the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners. I'm glad I was wrong and I'm anything but bummed about it.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Factor :

Who should be removed ? We need space for them so other mutants must leave.

I think that members of new Gold or new Blue is more popular than NXM generation.
    Uhm, the NXM kids are much more popular than any of the kids picked for the new Gen X, for example.
    And the O5 are taking up space that could be given to characters that aren't duplicates.
    All that and both Blue and Gold only have 6 members (if you count Magneto in Gold). Most teams usually have 7, so that's 2 more spots to give to characters that should not be in limbo (Magik, Psylocke, M, Havok, Archangel etc).

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    People thought ResurrXion would involve the mutants getting Inhuman DNA and becoming Inhumans themselves. It's hard to imagine anything being disappointing when you find out it's not that stupid idea.

BANNED

Factor :
    And the O5 are taking up space that could be given to characters that aren't duplicates.
    Cyclops is dead. Jean Grey is dead. Iceman has his solo. Beast is not in any team book.

They are not taking up space for other heroes.

All that and both Blue and Gold only have 6 members (if you count Magneto in Gold). Most teams usually have 7, so that's 2 more spots to give to characters that should not be in limbo (Magik, Psylocke, M, Havok, Archangel etc).
    I think that book with young O5 will have better sales than Havok, M, Psylocke etc. am i wrong?

Yes we have many heroes who are not in X-men books. Rogue and Gambit are best examples. We have only few X-men books. I think that young Cyclops will have better sales than Havok.

Factor :

Cyclops is dead. Jean Grey is dead. Iceman has his solo. Beast is not in any team book.

They are not taking up space for other heroes.
    Well, Marvel killed them, so it's their own fault. Beast isn't in any book because they didn't put him in one. He used to be before the O5.
    Of course they are taking up space. The other team book could have gone to characters that actually need more spotlight.

I think that book with young O5 will have better sales than Havok, M, Psylocke etc. am i wrong?
    Not necessarily, but a book about old Iceman, Archangel. Psylocke, Gambit, Dazzler, Monet and others would certainly gather enough of a fanbase.
    I don't think they should ditch the O5 all of a sudden, but treating them as 1 of 2 real X-men teams? We used to have UXM, but now that's done and we're basically left with new versions of ANXM and EXM.
    I think it would be much more interesting to follow the O5's adventures once they return home (what would they do with all their knowledge of their possible futures?). That way we could have a second X-men book about popular characters that are currently missing AND a book about O5 that would also allow 616 to move forward beyond the 60s nostalgia.

BANNED

Factor :
    Well, Marvel killed them, so it's their own fault. Beast isn't in any book because they didn't put him in one. He used to be before the O5.
    Of course they are taking up space. The other team book could have gone to characters that actually need more spotlight.
    need? what does it mean? Marvel is choosing popular heroes because every hero need new stories.

book about old Iceman, Archangel. Psylocke, Gambit, Dazzler, Monet and others would certainly gather enough of a fanbase. I don't think they should ditch the O5 all of a sudden, but treating them as 1 of 2 real X-men teams?
    so? Do You agree with me that O5 has bigger fanbase than Your team or not?

plus we have Weapon X and Uncanny Avengers as teams.

That way we could have a second X-men book about popular characters that are currently missing AND a book about O5 that would also allow 616 to move forward beyond the 60s nostalgia.
    aaach i understand You know. You want more books.
    Yes i also would like to have more X-men books. We don't have right now.

Factor :

need? what does it mean? Marvel is choosing popular heroes because every hero need new stories.

so? Do You agree with me that O5 has bigger fanbase than Your team or not?

plus we have Weapon X and Uncanny Avengers as teams.

aaach i understand You know. You want more books.
    Yes i also would like to have more X-men books. We don't have right now.
    To be honest, I do think another X-men book about popular fan favorites could outsell O5. The last ANXM wasn't such a big seller in comparison to the other X-books and many fans are already tired of them still being in the present with no explanation.
    UXM and EXM outsell AXM. Do I think another X-team book that features popular characters could outsell O5? Of course. It's all a question of marketing and responding to demand.

BANNED

Factor :
    To be honest, I do think another X-men book about popular fan favorites could outsell O5. The last ANXM wasn't such a big seller in comparison to the other X-books and many fans are already tired of them still being in the present with no explanation.
    They have Magneto right now and purpose.

I don't think that Magik, Psylocke, M, Havok, Dazzler, Iceman and Archangel can have better sales than young O5 plus Magneto.