View Poll Results: Did you thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be a Rebirth for the X-men ?.

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

36 52.94%
  • No.

5 7.35%
  • I didnt had expectations for ResurreXiOn.

14 20.59%
  • I knew that the announcements would be dissapointing.

13 19.12%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    A lot of people were excited because they thought this would "go back" to when the x-men were "great." Aka more of the same.

These books ARE "more of the same" and people still aren't happy about it. So like the poster above me said, it seems the majority of dislike is due to their favorite characters not being included or bad creative teams in their mind. Because they did in fact bring back "more of the same." Which is a valid opinion. I just don't agree. I'm satisfied.
    Well according to some Marvel hasn't released the details on all upcoming X-Men books.

I agree with other posters who said it the same teams with a new name. I expected more of a shake up with the rosters. I also agree Blue and Gold is a nineties thing and maybe the rosters could have had a few more changes to the line ups other than Kitty and Rachel.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Uhm, the NXM kids are much more popular than any of the kids picked for the new Gen X, for example.
    And the O5 are taking up space that could be given to characters that aren't duplicates.
    All that and both Blue and Gold only have 6 members (if you count Magneto in Gold). Most teams usually have 7, so that's 2 more spots to give to characters that should not be in limbo (Magik, Psylocke, M, Havok, Archangel etc).
    Havok has never taken off, and Archangel has been botched for years. Magik, on the other hand, has gone through too many developments to be placed in Limbo, including appearing in the upcoming New Mutants film. So I think she will get her own book and/or they will announce another book.

Marvel got me with this one. I was expecting a shake up and change for the better. While I'm thrilled with the Iceman information.. that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Factor :

They have Magneto right now and purpose.

I don't think that Magik, Psylocke, M, Havok, Dazzler, Iceman and Archangel can have better sales than young O5 plus Magneto.
    Eh, I do, actually. And not necessarily that team, but an adult team of popular X-men being treated as a flagship again? Hell yeah. O5 aren't the sales juggernaut some fans think they are.
    I do think Magneto is a nice addition. At least one new element to a tired concept LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Havok has never taken off, and Archangel has been botched for years. Magik, on the other hand, has gone through too many developments to be placed in Limbo, including appearing in the upcoming New Mutants film. So I think she will get her own book and/or they will announce another book.
    Those were just examples.
    But unless they're somehow a part of Weapon X, it looks like many characters Marvel were actually pushing (Psylocke, Magik, Monet etc) will have no regular spot in a team book for the foreseeable future. I hope I'm wrong. It would be a real shame for Magik and Monet to lose all the momentum, but they've done similar stuff before.
    They could have built Warpath as big player after years of UXM membership and later Kyost's X-force, but nothing. NXM were selling pretty well until they got replaced by YXM with no reason and never got a push again (aside from maybe Pixie, another one that was forgotten after some time in the spotlight).
    It would actually be pretty easy to integrate some of these characters into the existing line-ups. I have no idea why Magik isn't the 7th member to the Gold team. Monet could be co-mentoring the Gen X kids, or mentoring a rival class (how cool would it be if she mentored the next gen of X-men while Husk mentored the next gen of ambassadors?). There are ways to add more fan favorites into these line-ups, it just doesn't seem Marvel are willing to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    As a matter of fact, Marvel played dirty. Using Blue and Gold to get us 90's fans all riled up and excited and then reveal ....this. It's pretty low and shitty of them to troll an already beaten down portion of their fan base.

You know what would have been nice and had books flying off the shelf and fans everywhere throwing money at Marvel Entertainment?

- Jim Lee coming back to the X-Men
    - A reboot ACTUALLY DONE RIGHT, like DC's.
    - Bring back Xavier, Jean, Scott and Logan. We get it, you sure killed em good. Now make good on your 'ResurreXion' theme already!
    - Bring ALL THE X-MEN back under one roof, why is this so goddamn hard?
    - Claremont writing again with a great team to keep his own weird twists in check.
    If this is what anyone expected, they deserve to be disappointed.

On what planet does anyone reasonably think that Jim Lee is coming back to the X-Men?!? Seriously! That's just mind-boggling to think that anyone sees that as a possible option. NOT HAPPENING. EVER. One of DC's top guys is coming back to Marvel to relaunch one of their top franchises? Are you fucking kidding??

And Claremont? No. Just no. All respect to his years as an X-writer but the time to move on has long, long passed on that.

Bringing back Xavier? It could happen one day but I think there's more interesting stories to be told without him. Personally, I'd rather read about the O5 being led by present day Magneto than have Xavier come back. That's a much more interesting story to me.

And ALL the X-Men, under ONE ROOF? There isn't a big enough roof to cover all of those characters, never mind time in a comic book to service them.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Given that most people in this board is bummed out because of the announcements; im asking you if you actually thought that ResurreXiOn was going to be for the X-men what Rebirth was DC, something that's not going to happen until Disney gets the movie rights back from FOX.
    Most people on this board are bummed out because most people on this board are always bummed out, regardless of the news. No matter what Marvel does with the X-line, it's never enough and it's always somehow evidence of a grand conspiracy against mutants.

Even if Marvel had the movie rights from Fox, they likely would not do anything like what DC has done with Rebirth. For the most part, Marvel is about moving things forward, not turning back the clock and pandering to nostalgia. Marvel has all the rights to the Avengers and yet the Avengers line isn't retro-fitted to resemble whatever one group of fans or another consider to be the "good old days". Nothing's stopping Marvel from doing so, they've got the movie rights. But they don't do it for the same reason they don't do it with the X-Men - it's a boring, back-tracking move. One that would only service a small group of fans with a rigid set of expectations.

You may not like what Marvel is doing with the X-Men, but they're doing anything but trying to bury it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Eh, I do, actually. And not necessarily that team, but an adult team of popular X-men being treated as a flagship again? Hell yeah. O5 aren't the sales juggernaut some fans think they are.
    I do think Magneto is a nice addition. At least one new element to a tired concept LOL.
    In v2 they're the least selling X book but there's wasn't such a big difference between em and UXM and EXM (only 7k units and they always rated nicely in digital )...

Now consider the fact that EXM had an a list cast and was the flagship, also that UXM had Magneto and a good writers, vs ANXM having hopeless, no direction, no Jeen, no focus on Tyke and terrible story and the fact that the flagships barely outsell it its a testament to its strength as a brand

BANNED

Factor :
    Hell yeah. O5 aren't the sales juggernaut some fans think they are.
    True but they are better than Havok and other on his level.

And not necessarily that team, but an adult team of popular X-men being treated as a flagship again?
    Most of popular X-men is on flagship titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Factor :

True but they are better than Havok and other on his level.

Most of popular X-men is on flagship titles.
    You're fixating on an example I gave. And that's not really true. Emma Frost, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Archangel, Iceman, Beast, Monet, Magik and so many other popular mutants aren't part of X-teams anymore. And there's also Magneto, who'd be available should the O5 return to their timeline.
    There are other possiblities that would have big chances of success. Marvel just chose not to use them and that's what's bothering some fans around here. It's fine if you like the direction they went with, but it's hard not see that as more of the same when we already had very similar casts around.
    Gen X is the biggest departure, but it's not so different from another special class book like Spider-Man and the X-men. It's been a long time since we had a book about an actual next generation of X-men, not since NXM (ok, maybe YXM). After that, the focus has always been on the quirky teens like Aaron's bunch or the special class.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

On what planet does anyone reasonably think that Jim Lee is coming back to the X-Men?!? Seriously! That's just mind-boggling to think that anyone sees that as a possible option. NOT HAPPENING. EVER. One of DC's top guys is coming back to Marvel to relaunch one of their top franchises? Are you fucking kidding??

And Claremont? No. Just no. All respect to his years as an X-writer but the time to move on has long, long passed on that.

Bringing back Xavier? It could happen one day but I think there's more interesting stories to be told without him. Personally, I'd rather read about the O5 being led by present day Magneto than have Xavier come back. That's a much more interesting story to me.

And ALL the X-Men, under ONE ROOF? There isn't a big enough roof to cover all of those characters, never mind time in a comic book to service them.

Most people on this board are bummed out because most people on this board are always bummed out, regardless of the news. No matter what Marvel does with the X-line, it's never enough and it's always somehow evidence of a grand conspiracy against mutants.

Even if Marvel had the movie rights from Fox, they likely would not do anything like what DC has done with Rebirth. For the most part, Marvel is about moving things forward, not turning back the clock and pandering to nostalgia. Marvel has all the rights to the Avengers and yet the Avengers line isn't retro-fitted to resemble whatever one group of fans or another consider to be the "good old days". Nothing's stopping Marvel from doing so, they've got the movie rights. But they don't do it for the same reason they don't do it with the X-Men - it's a boring, back-tracking move. One that would only service a small group of fans with a rigid set of expectations.
    Lets be friends

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

You may not like what Marvel is doing with the X-Men, but they're doing anything but trying to bury it.
    Your rant is the rant to end all rants

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Define what you mean by Rebirth? Assuming it's not just defined as "something you like personally," I'm guessing it either involves a reboot or the price drop. Neither of those things are going to happen because Marvel doesn't do true reboots and they aren't going to leave money on the table. So I never expected those things.
    Any reboot that came with Rebirth was on par with whatever Marvel would do to reboot something. The price drop is definitely something that is missing, but we are getting at least two main books that are shipping twice a month, so there is that.

The main thing missing that would cause this to not feel as big as Rebirth, no matter what they came up with, is that there was no 80 page, $2.99 love letter to the fans that basically apologized for every perceived mistake and promised to make things better. That one issue did more to make Rebirth a thing than any of the actual announcement or interviews ever could.

What did Marvel give us? Death of X...

I'll focus on my one hope, Generation X.

While I figured there would be new mutants, I figured this would first and foremost be a celebration of the existing younger generation of mutants, who always end up forgotten because the next writer has to make their new mutants.

Basically, I wanted some presence from the Yost/Kyle NXM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I'll focus on my one hope, Generation X.

While I figured there would be new mutants, I figured this would first and foremost be a celebration of the existing younger generation of mutants, who always end up forgotten because the next writer has to make their new mutants.

Basically, I wanted some presence from the Yost/Kyle NXM.
    Thinking right now this would never happen Champions is the young heroes and legacy characters flagship of marvel currently and the O5 is probably because of the upcoming movies.

It makes no sense to marvel release another group of young mutant heroes if it ends up affecting sales of the other titles that are getting more publicity and effort on the part of marvel.

Just think about it is impossible the editors of marvel not know the preference even if not unanimous of the fans in relation to the cast in Generation X.
    Last edited by Knives; 12-02-2016 at 11:21 AM.