Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Default 3rd Annual Namor the Sub-Mariner Advent Calendar

We are back for a third year of sharing some Namor cheer for each of the 24 days until Christmas!

By popular demand, the theme for this year's calendar will be:

Subby SlugFests!

WARING: This thread is NOT a "rumbles" thread. Please refrain from arguing, "defending" other characters, and posting _their_ feats, etc. That is OFF TOPIC and will be reported. The purpose of this thread is to show off some of NAMOR'S best battles in an Advent Calendar format.

If you'd like a more commercial Christmas thread, visit Namor75 Celebration Advent Calendar Thread, where there was lots of Namor themed items posted one could collect.

Namor75-The-Advent-Calendar

Or visit The Second Annual Namor the Sub-Mariner Advent Calendar Thread, where the theme was:

The Heroism of Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner, aka All the Times Namor Has Saved Those Ungrateful Airbreathers.

Second Annual Namor the Sub-Mariner Advent Calendar

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-01-2016 at 10:16 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

24 Days to Christmas

RED HULK!
    Hulk (2008) 27 & 28

The set up for this story is that the Intelligencia, a group of geniuses, who, IIRC, had created the Red Hulk, set in motion various Doomsday scenarios in case they were defeated. Red Hulk, in some sort of deal with the government / Steve Rogers, is helping to find stop these disasters from occurring. There is one of them underwater, so of course, Steve calls Namor -- and the Atlantean scientists discover exactly where the Doomsday device is.

I didn't read Red Hulk regularly, but I believe he is somewhat de-powered by this time, because the Scorched Earth storyline has him ... paying for his easy victories early in his series under Loeb's pen, with more ... even handed re-matches with some of the heavy hitters he initially ran into. Regardless, it was nice to see Jeff Parker show how POWERFUL Namor is in his own element.

Here Namor is holding off two Doomsday constructs of sound, i.e. doing the heavy lifting, which allows Red Hulk to observe them with his energy sight? and find the devices within that are creating them.

Namor doesn't take being kept in the dark and left holding ... the sound constructs, very well. And in the next issue ... fisticuffs!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-02-2016 at 09:09 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Default 24 Days till Christmas

And a bonus pic of painful portions, of Phoenix Namor dealing with Red Hulk.

I get the feeling that Namor thinks Red Hulk is presumptuous.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-02-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Terrific, terrific, terrific!

I love beginning the calendar with Rulk. The best is PF Namor breaking a finger because Rulk was presumptuous!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-02-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Terrific, terrific, terrific!

I love beginning the calendar with Rulk. The best is PF Namor breaking a finger because Rulk was presumptuous!
    LOL! Well, he broke a little more than a finger. Ouch!

I'm glad you liked my first choice -- even if Namor doesn't have many encounters with him. Rulk isn't one of my favorite characters, at least the ridiculously over-powered Loeb version. Parker's Rulk is far better, and this issue was nice, for high Namor content. I'd forgotten, however, that most of the Rulk fight was in #28.

I'm hoping to get to today's entry a little earlier this evening.

This is the most violent advent calender I've ever seen ! And I love it of course. Excellent battle under water... and I'm eager to discover what's your plan for Xmas, Rev !

A great first day anyway, and such a pleasure waiting for the next day - like I used to do one year ago.

Imperius Rex!!!

you could probably fill all 24 days w/ his attempts to flood the surface world.

Ayy, glad to see this back!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    This is the most violent advent calender I've ever seen ! And I love it of course. Excellent battle under water... and I'm eager to discover what's your plan for Xmas, Rev !

A great first day anyway, and such a pleasure waiting for the next day - like I used to do one year ago.

Imperius Rex!!!
    LOL! I know. It's not exactly in the spirit of the holiday ... but we know Namor doesn't exactly practice Chriss Mass. ;p Here's hoping I can keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Ayy, glad to see this back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Very cool very nice pages of Namor's skirmish with the Red Hulk.
    Thanks! Glad folks are enjoying it.

23 Days to Christmas

ARES!
    Avengers Invaders 2 & Sub-Mariner 57

This encounter starts with Namor is using Wonderman, IIRC, to beat up on Ares.

Namor doesn't think Wonder Man is a weapon??
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-08-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Default 23 Days to Christmas

Namor makes an amazing catch and returns Ares' axe to him ... if he can pry it out of Tony Stark's chest. But this wasn't the first time Namor fought Ares...

Namor rushes to the rescue of a lovely woman (who turns out to be Venus!) threatened by this guy ... who is far more talky. Also there is a lot more punching in this encounter. SPLONK!

And who at this time seems to have Protean shape shifting abilities.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-03-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Default 23 Days to Christmas

And when fists aren't enough, Namor resorts to his ever effective WHIRLPOOL technique!

Namor gets bossy, after he and the power of love have defeated Ares.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-03-2016 at 02:25 AM.

THUNDRA!
    Fantastic Four 149

I think this is the only battle between Namor and Thundra. This is when Reed and Sue have separated, after Reed put Franklin in a coma to save the world. Sue has gone to Atlantis, it appears Namor is fighting the FF for her sake. He has just dropped the Fantasticar into the ocean, including Thundra who is working with the FF. She climbs out of the water and attacks Namor ...

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-05-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Default 22 Days till Christmas

22 Days to Christmas

Thundra gets her punches in ...

Namor doesn't seem so worried about getting punched by Thundra, as he is by her lack of perception. And Reed stops the fight.

!!!

That was "Fantastic"! I haven't seen those fighting panels of Thundra and Namor in decades, but they were exactly as I remembered them. The art was superb.

Thanks for putting up Thundra so soon in the month!

I love the calendar, by the way, in case I forgot to thank you.