Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah, I forgot about Orka, the human killer whale!

I like how Orka looks on the cover of Namor 43 that you showed. Very scary and powerful.

The blue version from earlier Namor stories seemed more like a jobber than a great evil villain.
    Every thing was scary looking in the 90s. LOL!

Well, Orka has never impressed me as a Namor foe. He was, after all, kind of like an Atlantean Hulk without the personality / characterization / theme. I mean, he was a dumb henchman of Warlord Krang! AFAIK, he really didn't have a personal grudge against Namor to motivate him.

I haven't read the comic, but apparently he had a conversion of some sort and was a hero in the Hero For Hire book for a short while, before he got killed off, again.

I still can't believe ORKA made it to the movies before Namor.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

20 Days to Christmas

The Nameless One!
    Sub-Mariner 22 & Defenders 3

In the first meeting between Dr. Strange and Namor they try to stop the Nameless One from entering our dimension.

In the other dimension, Namor volunteers to sacrifice himself and hold both the Undying Ones and the Nameless One (never let it be said that Namor lacks confidence in his abilities) long enough for Dr. Strange to escape and close the rift between dimensions. Strange won't allow it, and shoves Namor through the rift and closes it, while he stays to deal with the Nameless One.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-08-2016 at 03:34 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Default 20 Days to Christmas -- The Nameless One!

20 Days to Christmas

Namor has another encounter with cultists trying to bring the Nameless One into his dimension in Defenders #1, but his next actual encounter with the "god" itself is in Defenders #3. Where it is discovered that Barbra Norriss, and ex-cultist who sacrificed herself to free Doctor Strange from being held captive by the Nameless One (see Subby #2 above and Hulk #126), has now been forced to become part of the Nameless One.

Namor sees through the deception, and the battle begins!

Namor is NOT a bon bon.

It's a superhero team up of Hulk and Namor ... and Namor's punching sound effect is self descriptive!

19 Days to Christmas

Namor Himself!
    Avengers Invaders 3

It is no surprise to Namor's trufans, that at times he is his own worst enemy. But I don't think anyone expected to see him punch himself!

Here a time displaced young Golden Age Namor attempts to bring the Atlanteans to help his Invaders friends, who have been captured by the Avengers (See the Ares fights). Of course, he discovers, the Atlanteans answer to a new king.

Default 19 Days to Christmas -- Namor Himself!

19 Days to Christmas

Of course, the lesson is given with punching!

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-08-2016 at 04:16 AM.

Default 19 Days to Christmas -- Namor Himself!

19 Days to Christmas

Things seem to be going all young Namor's way, until the watching Atlanteans STILL refuse to follow the time displaced prince. And Namor explains why.

And the kicker ...

If I can find better images (I don't recall Namor looking so pink), I'll post them later.

That was my favourite part of the Avengers/Invaders crossover. Really showed the difference in wisdom 6 or so decades creates.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    That was my favourite part of the Avengers/Invaders crossover. Really showed the difference in wisdom 6 or so decades creates.
    Of course, it was mine also. The first few issues of the series was pretty good, with the time travel, but then it went off on tangents with Jim Hammond and the LMDs and then D'spayre. By the end of the series, I was completely lost.

And exactly, a great point about the difference -- which sadly gets ignored too often.

I really need to get out my copy of this, because I remember the colors differently -- besides the obviously pink purple skin tone. I thought they had differentiated between young Namor with reddish hair (as Everett originally colored him) and old Namor with blue black hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Of course, it was mine also. The first few issues of the series was pretty good, with the time travel, but then it went off on tangents with Jim Hammond and the LMDs and then D'spayre. By the end of the series, I was completely lost.

And exactly, a great point about the difference -- which sadly gets ignored too often.

I really need to get out my copy of this, because I remember the colors differently -- besides the obviously pink purple skin tone. I thought they had differentiated between young Namor with reddish hair (as Everett originally colored him) and old Namor with blue black hair.
    That series did tend to tangent pretty wildly now that I look back. THough Namor moments are always welcome.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Was that when they went back in time to undo some wrong or evil the Invaders were supposed to have committed, but we never saw on panel? I had heard there was such a story, but I never read it.

Was that when they went back in time to undo some wrong or evil the Invaders were supposed to have committed, but we never saw on panel? I had heard there was such a story, but I never read it.
    I think that was a story from Invaders Now, actually. But I think we did see it on panel. Don't think they planned to go back and undo it though. Been a while since I've read it so I may be wrong.

Upcoming Reading:

I think the Invaders old foes, the ones with Master Man and Warrior Woman were supposed to be in it.

I had seen Marvel use a pic with Warrior Woman with a red outfit and short blonde hair, but I don't know if it was from that story.

That series did tend to tangent pretty wildly now that I look back. THough Namor moments are always welcome.
    It really did. Which was fine, if it hadn't been so confusing. I mean, IIRC, D'spayre was supposed to be Golden Age Vision? And have something to do with the Cosmic Cubes?

So, yes. Thank god for Namor! Always a breath of fresh air with his sharp tongue and clear cut solution of punching something. LOL!

I think that was a story from Invaders Now, actually. But I think we did see it on panel. Don't think they planned to go back and undo it though. Been a while since I've read it so I may be wrong.
    I think the Invaders old foes, the ones with Master Man and Warrior Woman were supposed to be in it.

I had seen Marvel use a pic with Warrior Woman with a red outfit and short blonde hair, but I don't know if it was from that story.
    Hmmm. I'm not sure which one that was .... Avengers Invaders had them being drawn through time to the present, without their knowledge or consent.

Ah, yes. Invaders Now had them dealing with the consequences of a morally difficult act, very much like what the Illuminati had do, but on a much smaller scale. Which is why I find Cap's ... attitude in Hickman's run very hypocritical. Granted, perhaps Gage's Cap may have been out of character. Anyway, there was a flash back to the past, but I don't think they actually time travelled. Though, it did have the Battle Axis characters. Maybe they were brought into the present? I can't remember, now, exactly. Oh, well, time for a re-read!

It did have this cover with Warrior Woman.

Yeah, I admit it.

I really like Warrior Woman! Lol.

Yeah, I admit it.

I really like Warrior Woman! Lol.
    LOL! I'm sure you aren't alone, though others may not be as honest.

I've always thought it was ideal that she fought speed wearing Namor. ;p