Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Joker would come back from the dead in some cyborg body or transformed in somekind of Demon. The writers would find some way to bring him back .

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Yeah, I think the answer is...DC would lose a lot of money. Hell, Joker shirts probably make as money as any comic books he's in. That's why he will always come back - even if the current regime decided to kill him off, the next regime would bring him back

Incredible Member

Even if they made it a law where Joker is dead forever, and if he gets reinstated, then the writer goes to prison... People would just write Flashback stories and requiem stories and elseworlds stories.

The Joker will not go away.

If someone really wants to shake things up for a few years, given how he'll never stay dead and the next reboot is never far away, It might be a good idea to have him end up in a wheelchair, mirroring what happened to Babs though. It would be interesting to see him struggle with his limitations and slowly and tastefully overcome his new challenges.

BANNED

The only way to kill a comic book character is to stop buying books that feature them.

The Joker will never stay dead.

BANNED

If Joker REALLY died, Batman would mourn for him a HELL of a lot more than he did for all the dead Robins put together.

BANNED

A scenario like End Game or ROTJ where he had a killswitch plan all along.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

More than likely Bruce would be slightly numb at first over it, not really sure what to make of being able to relax over Joker being actually dead. I think if there was a body then it wouldn't be as bad as if there was no body. However I do believe that if the Joker did kick the bucket, Batman would at first be very uptight, then eventually relax some as one of the biggest threats to the city is long gone.

Harley on the other hand...I think she would go mental over it.

As for the killer, if it was a cop in self defense then Bats would be okay with it as it was a moment where the person was preserving their own life. If it was like Frank Castle, he would hunt that person down for straight up murder and be more worried that the person would get too big an ego out of the whole thing and become a villain in the end. I think Bruce would be more concerned about that factor than about Joker being dead at first.

He'd have to deal with the next villain who would try to fill the void left by the Joker's death. It opens up opportunities for other villains to make a big name for themselves to get Batman's attention.