Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-men in Limbo

Default X-men in Limbo

So, it looks like all RessurXion team books have been announced. Contrary to speculation, it looks like there may be even more popular X-men in limbo than before. This thread is to speculate on what will happen to all the missing fan favorites or where they could be used in the future.

So far, the ones I can remember that still have no confirmed role:

Emma Frost - understandable considering IvX, but still disappointing.
    Psylocke
    Archangel
    Magik
    Monet
    Gambit - possibly appearing in UA?
    Rogue - probably not leaving UA anytime soon
    Havok
    Polaris
    Beast - the one character in this list that I actually don't mind seeing in limbo.
    Dazzler
    Bishop
    Moonstar and the NM
    Not to mention less popular ones like Frenzy, Sunfire, the NXM kids etc.

I do hope Marvel editors have plans for them we still don't know about (I believe that's the case for Emma and some others), but their track record scares me a bit. What do you guys think will happen to these characters in RessurrXion?

*EDITED to add some I forgot
    Last edited by Factor; 12-02-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Havok, Rogue and possibly Polaris probably in an avengers book.

Magick and Monet Guest starring in Gen-X probably.

BANNED

Rogue and limbo? Right now she is very lucky
    Being a member of Unity Division is great. A lot of free time (in vol 3 all members had vacation except Rogue and Deadpool. People don't attack You. Great and safe place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Rogue and limbo? Right now she is very lucky
    Being a member of Unity Division is great. A lot of free time (in vol 3 all members had vacation except Rogue and Deadpool. People don't attack You. Great and safe place to live.
    Yeah, I maybe shouldn't have included her in the list. It's just that some X-fans were hopeful she'd be returning to the X-line. But she's probably better off than other X-characters because Duggan is doing a good job writing her.

Very sad thread.

SO depressing. Look at those names.

BANNED

Factor :
    Yeah, I maybe shouldn't have included her in the list.
    I don't know.
    It's just that some X-fans were hopeful she'd be returning to the X-line.
    That would be nice but right now i have great series. I don't see any reasons to be unhappy. Maybe afraid that UA will end :P
    But she's probably better off than other X-characters because Duggan is doing a good job writing her.
    true.
    I am very happy that she can fight against new enemies (not Apocalypse :P) and that she can be a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, I maybe shouldn't have included her in the list. It's just that some X-fans were hopeful she'd be returning to the X-line. But she's probably better off than other X-characters because Duggan is doing a good job writing her.
    I keep reading that. Comixology has Uncanny Avengers on sale just for today and I'm thinking about buying it. Is it really worth it?
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    I keep reading that. Comixology has Uncanny Avengers on sale just for today and I'm thinking about buying it. Is it really worth it?
    You bet it is.

BANNED

Tayne Japal :
    after first few mediocre issues? yes. This series is great.

and each issue is better than previous.

Awesome.

I'll be making the purchase when I get home.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Teen Beast and Angel are in Blue.
    Pretty sure OP isn't concerned about them.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

There's definitely room for another team book. This doesn't mean I think we'll get one at all, but I can see an Uncanny title carrying a bunch of big hitters such as these. Psylocke, M and Magik is one hell of a team in of itself. Spice it up with some more obscure characters and that'd potentially be my favourite book. M and Magik's interactions in Bunn's run, whilst limited, have been fun and I'd definitely pay to see more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Very sad thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    SO depressing. Look at those names.
    It IS sad

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Teen Beast and Angel are in Blue.
    I'll let donpricetag respond:
    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Pretty sure OP isn't concerned about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    I really like it. The team's mission statement is kind of forgotten, but the character work is great and the art has been awesome since Pepe Larraz joined the book. His Rogue is one of the best in years, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    There's definitely room for another team book. This doesn't mean I think we'll get one at all, but I can see an Uncanny title carrying a bunch of big hitters such as these. Psylocke, M and Magik is one hell of a team in of itself. Spice it up with some more obscure characters and that'd potentially be my favourite book. M and Magik's interactions in Bunn's run, whilst limited, have been fun and I'd definitely pay to see more of that.
    Right? They should totally keep Uncanny around. Psylocke, M, Magik, Havok, Archangel and Gambit alone could definitely support a book. Not happening, but one can hope