Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Just as I was about to give up on events I found out Remender was writing Axis, and my hope came back. I've enjoyed the little corner of the Marvel Universe Remender has had to himself with Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny Avengers, and Captain America, so it's nice to see all that tie together.

Excited is a bit much but I plan on reading it with an open mind.

The event fatigue is real though... Marvel needs to calm down a little with that.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post

The event fatigue is real though... Marvel needs to calm down a little with that.
    Agreed, these events should happen every 1-2 years at most, definitely not twice in 1 year.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I do understand event fatigue. I sat out most of Fear Itself, AvX and Age of Ultron because of it. So now I'm all refreshed. Infinity was awesome and Original Sin has been decent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    Just as I was about to give up on events I found out Remender was writing Axis, and my hope came back. I've enjoyed the little corner of the Marvel Universe Remender has had to himself with Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny Avengers, and Captain America, so it's nice to see all that tie together.
    My thoughts exactly.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member

Any excitement I had when the first leaked images appeared was flushed away when Remender was announced as the writer and my interest soured when it was revealed to be tied to his Uncanny Avengers run. Nothing about that book appealed to me so I cannot see this, the typical lets-turn-an-arc-into-an-event, being something I will enjoy.
    Last edited by cranger; 07-04-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Not in the slightest. I'm going to skip it entirely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post

The current regime at Marvel is trying to take advantage of the success of the movies and the popularity of superheroes in general, and events are one of the ways to make
    the comics seem more exciting to newer readers. New number ones are a way to give readers a place to start, and events showcase other characters that some people wouldn't
    normally read, and give the impression that it's very "important" to follow the event. The thing is, none of this is a long-term solution. Sooner or later the new number one won't
    mean anything and events won't seem special. They already have lost a lot of that uniqueness anyway, but they still sell. Don't expect any of this to change until sales drop to
    a point where this type of stuff isn't worthwhile. Maybe at that point, every so often a writer will have an inspiration for a great event, and there will be a lot of anticipation for it.
    I say why not try to enjoy all of these events while they pump them out? It won't be permanent. It's just a current business strategy.

I am looking forward to it. I've heard about some of the stuff Rick has been doing in Uncanny Avengers. I see Tony is going to be big in it which of course means I will at least give it a shot . Also looking forward to see the Avengers and X-Men team up and I can't wait to see Magneto get his hands on Red Skull. Magneto has one of the best books on the market right now.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-04-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm gonna wait and see what people think of it as the event unfolds. Gotta say, Red Skull Onslaught looks laughable so hopefully there'll be another villain steering things. I can barely take RS seriously when it's just him, but christ, that face plus that armour just don't mix well.
    Currently Reading:

DC: Justice League, Multiversity, Batman

Marvel: Avengers, New Avengers

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm looking forward to Doom & /Valeria team up against Loki.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Sadly it's the very involvement of Rick Remender that puts me off picking this up. The illogical and unexplainable actions he's applied to so many characters he's used over the past couple of years just rubs me up the wrong way. His work has be one a little 'paint by numbers' also. I don't really expect this to be any different.
    That's kind of how I feel, as well.

But there are some things that are intriguing me about this. I really doubt I'll ever be excited about an event again. More often, it's the regular stories excite me.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    Red Skull in Onslaught armor.......
    I am! I want to see how they can take Xavier's brain away from Red Skull's cranium (if that's possible).

I'm just excited to see villains return. Over they years it was just hero vs hero or avengers vs xmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I am! I want to see how they can take Xavier's brain away from Red Skull's cranium (if that's possible).
    It's funny when you think about it: This is basically a resurrected Xavier whose memories have been erased and replaced by Red Skull's; where is the original Red Skull's body? Is it stored somewhere? Does it keep its own memories, or is it a blank slate? Did Red Skull arrange for his body to be destroyed once his mind switched bodies? If so...isn't that a suicide of sorts? That was Red Skull's body and brain, even if its memories had been copied and stored in another brain.

By the way...how come Red Skull hasn't still conquered the world? Taking into account how easily superheroes fight each other, it should have been trivial for him to use his mind control to make the Avengers, X-Men, FF, Thunderbolts, New Warriors, X-Factor, X-Force, Uncanny Avengers...etc., kill each other.