Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

BTW, one of the great X-Men tragedies is when Skids changes her outfit.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    BTW, one of the great X-Men tragedies is when Skids changes her outfit.
    Hey!
    I said I was only going to be *that* fan for a second.
    So! You got your one second of mocking me.
    Move along now.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm talking about when her outfit gets completely changed around Inferno. I'm sad because it ruined a good outfit.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

* Posted this in the wrong thread, so I'll just copy it here.

I'm reading Simonson's run right now and I think it's pretty fun. I couldn't stand X-factor #1, so I skipped the other 4 issues of the first writer's run. I'm at #21 now and I'm surprised at how well Simonson handled so many messes she inherited (Scott-Maddie-Jean-Phoenix drama and the absurd mutant hunters facade). Reading the first Apocalypse story is also great. I only decided to read this run because of UXM crossovers, but I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by Factor; 01-30-2017 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm talking about when her outfit gets completely changed around Inferno. I'm sad because it ruined a good outfit.
    Oh. Sorrrryyyyyy. ♡

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    * Posted this in the wrong thread, so I'll just copy it here.

I'm reading Simonson's run right now and I think it's pretty fun. I couldn't stand X-factor #1, so I skipped the other 4 issues of the first writer's run. I'm at #21 now and I'm surprised at how well Simonson handled so many messes she inherited (Scott-Maddie-Jean-Phoenix drama and the absurd mutant hunters facade). Reading the first Apocalypse story is also great. I only decided to read this run because of UXM crossovers, but I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Someone recommended this series to me a while ago, but not before I had already read the parts of PAD's run with the heavier Quicksilver parts. I was hesitant to read it because I was not super interested in the O5. But I am glad I did because Weezy gave them personalities and great drama.
    So far, I just love everything about this series. The drama, the battles, the interactions with the Morlocks, I loveloveloveLOVE Skids, and the art. <3

I'm looking to collect the start of it at least through Endgame (I have #1 and all the individual issues of that arc in the late #60's).. I have the few big time Apocalypse issues.. but I would like to have that initial run in it's entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Someone recommended this series to me a while ago, but not before I had already read the parts of PAD's run with the heavier Quicksilver parts. I was hesitant to read it because I was not super interested in the O5. But I am glad I did because Weezy gave them personalities and great drama.
    So far, I just love everything about this series. The drama, the battles, the interactions with the Morlocks, I loveloveloveLOVE Skids, and the art. <3
    Skids is really fun I read the Mutant Massacre issues when I was a kid. A while after she appeared in Claremont's X-treme X-men. It was cool seeing her again, I think it was one of her last appearances.
    Boom Boom is also great in this series, but she managed to stay longer in the spotlight afterwards.
    I'm also not such a big fan of the O5, but it's this run that made most of them more appealing. Especially Warren.
    Jean is also great when she isn't all emo because of Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm looking to collect the start of it at least through Endgame (I have #1 and all the individual issues of that arc in the late #60's).. I have the few big time Apocalypse issues.. but I would like to have that initial run in it's entirety.
    Let me know what you think when you start reading it!

Skids is really fun I read the Mutant Massacre issues when I was a kid. A while after she appeared in Claremont's X-treme X-men. It was cool seeing her again, I think it was one of her last appearances.
    Boom Boom is also great in this series, but she managed to stay longer in the spotlight afterwards.
    I'm also not such a big fan of the O5, but it's this run that made most of them more appealing. Especially Warren.
    Jean is also great when she isn't all emo because of Cyclops.
    I feel the same about Jean.
    <3

Let me know what you think when you start reading it!
    Of course I will!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Of course I will!
    I want you to get it all now, tho, so you can read it as I am reading it, and we can discuss its awesomeness.♡♡♡

I want you to get it all now, tho, so you can read it as I am reading it, and we can discuss its awesomeness.♡♡♡
    I may buy in increments.. so by next week maybe I'll have 2-10 and i'll keep giving you updates

I'm already at #40. I just finished Inferno and I still don't know how I really feel about it. I loved it as a pay-off to so many plot threads, not only from here, but also UXM and NM, but it did get too big and confusing for its own good. At the end I was kind of glad it was finally over.
    I really didn't care for the X-terminators mini. I don't think it would have worked as its own story, but it also didn't add much to the overall narrative. I thought I would enjoy it more, because the younger characters were one of my favorite things from Simonson's X-factor. It looks like that'll soon change, as at least part of the team is leaving to join the New Mutants (god, I hate pretty much all the membership changes Louise did to New Mutants). Liefeld's days are fast approaching
    As for X-factor itself, there are 30 issues left of the original team, so I'm curious to see how this team ends, but I'm also really excited to read the entirety of PAD's original run. The bits I've read were all phenomenal.

I'm already at #40. I just finished Inferno and I still don't know how I really feel about it. I loved it as a pay-off to so many plot threads, not only from here, but also UXM and NM, but it did get too big and confusing for its own good. At the end I was kind of glad it was finally over.
    I really didn't care for the X-terminators mini. I don't think it would have worked as its own story, but it also didn't add much to the overall narrative. I thought I would enjoy it more, because the younger characters were one of my favorite things from Simonson's X-factor. It looks like that'll soon change, as at least part of the team is leaving to join the New Mutants (god, I hate pretty much all the membership changes Louise did to New Mutants). Liefeld's days are fast approaching
    As for X-factor itself, there are 30 issues left of the original team, so I'm curious to see how this team ends, but I'm also really excited to read the entirety of PAD's original run. The bits I've read were all phenomenal.
    I am not going to read all your post, not to be rude, but because I want to avoid possible spoilers.

I wanted to comment and ask how the Hell have you had time to get to #40 already!!! Lol.
    I was not that far behind you last week, and I am only ready to start #20.
    You have doubled meeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I'd like to know what people think about the original X-Factor.
    Even more than the Marvel nowadays seems to be giving much prominence to the original x-men.
    I just read Massacre and Fall that I liked it more than the X-Men comics of the time.
    The entire original X-Factor run is amazing. When the original X-Factor initially launched, it was some of my favorite stuff - because they weren't recycling old "X-Men foes" - they were making new ones, that still had that "old X-Men foe" vibe (Alliance of Evil = Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Apocalypse {originally} = Magneto, etc).
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!