BANNED

Default Alien vs Predator

So for a crossover movie, It's odd how it was rated PG-13.

Toned down when compared to the Alien & Predators movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    PG-13 was a sufficient rating for this film. Considerable amount of violence and a little gore
    Which isn't what a Alien or Predator movie should be.

You normally take a movie like this and rate it PG-13 to try and reach a larger audience. This is a perfect example of creators NOT knowing their audience and not knowing really much about the subject matter to begin with. Any Alien or Predator movie needs to be rated R, otherwise, don't watch it. Sidenote, that's why I refuse to watch the new Robocop movie. Robocop should never be PG-13.

The rating wasn't the problem with AvP. Everything else was.
    Except Lance Henricksen, he's still awesome.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Yeah, I didn't understand them going for PG-13. Surely the people who was excited for AvP were the people who love Alien and Predator, films that are obviously NOT PG-13.

For the record, I didn't hate it. Sure, the fact that what should have been the greatest movie ever was pretty average was pretty tragic. When the Predator swung the Alien around by the tail I squealed like a little piggy lol.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I thought the first one was pretty good. It's not a horror movie, but a fight movie, and that's the shift in rating, more than anything. And, fair enough. It's a kid smashing his action figures against each other with a budget of millions. That was cool enough, for me.

And, with these sort of things, you want that. You want the core audience, but also to invite casual spectators or the watch it only if it comes on Tv in the middle of a slow day audience, the kids who buy toys. Freddy vs Jason went a similar route, despite being on the surface quite gory.

The second AvP was one of the worst movies I've ever paid to see, and not just for the "how is this not bait for a prank" late night swim at the high school scene
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)