View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Indigenous Character In The DCU?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tye Longshadow/Apache Chief

19 27.14%
  • Manitou Dawn

4 5.71%
  • Manitou Raven

4 5.71%
  • Dawnstar

29 41.43%
  • Miiyahbin Marten

5 7.14%
  • Others

9 12.86%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

For anyone who watched Freedom Fighters: The Ray, what were John Trujillo's powers there?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For anyone who watched Freedom Fighters: The Ray, what were John Trujillo's powers there?
    Flight, Wings was able to slice through a tank tossed at them, some strength that's about it. He is not Native American on the show i believe.

Nor, would that specify that his mother was full-blood (which, due to how enrollment works, might not even mean she was "full blood," if we want to get straight up Nazi blood quanta about it) or not, how light or dark she was. Especially since, afaik, we've never seen her.
    We don't have to go Nazi blood quanta - the Navajo have their own. Albeit, I think that's for new enrollment. Though those are set by the US government, right? But the Navajo still use theirs for enrollment, and I don't think all tribes do? Theirs is 1/4, whereas I know a tribe near me was 1/8.

Seriously? That sounds like an early sign that Devin Grayson was more interested in legitimizing her fanfiction than writing good comics.
    I tend to agree, to a degree. More minority characters is good - retroactively adding it to previous characters is not. And that's before we even get into the issue of that reducing the adoptionism aspect, which matters to me. At least it had a basis, though, unlike some of the other heroes who got retconned. Moreover, given her handling of Dick Grayson's, I tend to think it would not have been handled well.

I liked the fact that Grayson dipped into a part of Roy's past no one had really done anything with. It was all there from the start, just ignored.
    His mother always has been a complete non-entity. Not sure when he got the Navajo background (I know Brave Bow was Sioux at one point in time, and, of course, he was much older when his father died in the first version, and Quoag wasn't a parent there). Post-Crisis reset, maybe? Anyway, I like it. But his mom has always been so ignored - not even given a name, so far I can tell. For my headcanon reboot, I'm seriously considering making Brave Bow and Roy Sr. a gay couple that used a surrogate. I know it's fanficcy, but hey, I'm not professional, so I can do fanficcy.

So, no Koryak on the list? Because only half.

Guess Pow Wow Smith (real name Ohiyesa) doesn't show up because he's a western character instead of superhero one? He had a a weird beginning - at first being a contemporary character, then being set in the past.

EDIT: Didn't realize how old the posts I was quoting were - sorry.

BANNED

Manitou Raven and Apache Chief are referenced in MK11 2 @ 0:58.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

I really liked Tye Longshadow from the YJ cartoon. I would like to see some version of the character debut in the comics.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I really liked Tye Longshadow from the YJ cartoon. I would like to see some version of the character debut in the comics.
    His power visual was amazing. What a way to re-envision a bog-standard 'growing' character! So cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    His power visual was amazing. What a way to re-envision a bog-standard 'growing' character! So cool.
    Agreed. I liked the giant spirit armor rather than him simply growing larger.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I wish they would do something with the Saganowahna: Super Chief character again (something waaaaay better than what they did in the 52 weekly series I would hope)
    Last edited by docmidnite; 01-29-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Mighty Member

Not much to choose from, but I was always a fan of Dawnstar back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Manitou Raven and Apache Chief are referenced in MK11 2 @ 0:58.
    Ironically I've always thought that Apache Chief should be revamped in a mold similar to Nightwolf. A magic-based character of whom increasing his mass is just one of the applications of his type of magic.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El