View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Indigenous Character In The DCU?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tye Longshadow/Apache Chief

19 27.14%
  • Manitou Dawn

4 5.71%
  • Manitou Raven

4 5.71%
  • Dawnstar

29 41.43%
  • Miiyahbin Marten

5 7.14%
  • Others

9 12.86%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

If the John Trujillo version of Black Condor does come back I feel it would be best to scrap the Mayan spider goddess connection and just make him a metahumans with aerokinesis

Looking at one of the promotional images for Freedom Fighters: The Ray it looks as though they'll be adapting the 2007 team meaning John Trujillo's Black Condor could be appearing on the show

Or does anyone have any news on which version the team will be used.

My idea for Black Condor

A proud Navajo Native, John Jacob "Jake" Trujillo had a promising military career in the U.S Marine Corps, until a mission against Intergang resulted in the deaths of most of his unit. Following a discharge, Trujillo returned home in disgrace, plagued with nightmares of a creature named Tocotl. After an encounter with a man named Sam and woman who seems to be able to become intangible at will, Jake finds himself accused of crimes committed by the "Black Condor" a metahuman with the power to control and manipulate the power of air.

With help from Uncle Sam, Phantom Lady and his friend Shane Smith (descendant of Ohiseya "Pow Wow" Smith) Jake discovers he has been a victim of experimentation by Intergang and that Tocotl is a trigger word used to activate his Black Condor persona. Determined to free himself from Intergang's control and avenge himself and his fallen comrades, Jake claims the Black Condor persona for himself to be the hero he'd always wanted to be.

Sneak peek at Freedom Fighters: The Ray.

I can't really tell if that's meant to be Trujillo in the trailer. He has the mohawk, face paint and costume but his skin tone seems like he's black like the Condor from Mutliversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Quite a few i would love to see more of but i have to vote for Equinox on the list.

Arak
    Arak Wind-Walker
    Black Bison I-II
    Black Condor I & IV
    Brave Bow
    Butcher
    Chad Solomon Kiyahani
    Chindi
    Comanche
    Corona
    Dark-Crow
    Flying Fox
    Johnny Cloud I-II
    Kishana Lewis
    Little Sure Shot
    Man-of-Bats
    Medicine Man
    Mighty Eagle
    Night Eagle
    Nightwolf
    Owlwoman
    Rainmaker
    Raven Red
    Renegades (Chief Crazy Horse, Tall Tree, Rain-in-the-Face, Thundercloud)
    Russ Tennclouds
    Seneca
    Silver Deer
    Sky Alchesay
    Strong Bow
    Super-Chief I-III
    Walking Eagle
    Wildstar
    Willpower
    All as dead as Disco.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Doing a bit of research on Cree mythology, I'd try to make Equinox's powers connected to Kisemanito, the Cree creator god. As her abilities involve seasons, I'd make it so that she can access one season per day and each season grants her different abilities

Autumn - Wind manipulation and teleportation

Winter - Slowing down time and telepathy

Spring - Reanimation, summoning of mythical beasts and limited creation of matter

Summer - Super strength, speed and durability

Thoughts?
    Wow, you put way more research into it than I did!

I went with;
    Spring - flight and green beams that can animate plants or heal people.
    Summer - flight and red beams that produce heat, light and flame.
    Autumn - flight and orange beams that decay matter and dehydrate / weaken people.
    Winter - flight and blue beams that produce cold and ice.

But your mix is interesting because she can occupy different niches, depending on her 'season,' being a flying brick in one season, a summoner in another, and a 'flying blaster' in yet another. That's kind of cool, and would allow the artist / writer to put her in different niches. My version would pretty much always be flying and throwing zaps. Your version, during 'Summer,' would be down in the thick of it, throwing punches and mixing it up in hand to hand, which is cool, and would add a bunch of variety. Since the power sets / roles are gated off by 'season,' she wouldn't be like the Martian Manhunter, who just can do anything, all at once, and sometimes suffers from an embarrassment of riches / paralysis of too many options, with some writers and doesn't bother using half of his powers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Wow, you put way more research into it than I did!

I went with;
    Spring - flight and green beams that can animate plants or heal people.
    Summer - flight and red beams that produce heat, light and flame.
    Autumn - flight and orange beams that decay matter and dehydrate / weaken people.
    Winter - flight and blue beams that produce cold and ice.

But your mix is interesting because she can occupy different niches, depending on her 'season,' being a flying brick in one season, a summoner in another, and a 'flying blaster' in yet another. That's kind of cool, and would allow the artist / writer to put her in different niches. My version would pretty much always be flying and throwing zaps. Your version, during 'Summer,' would be down in the thick of it, throwing punches and mixing it up in hand to hand, which is cool, and would add a bunch of variety. Since the power sets / roles are gated off by 'season,' she wouldn't be like the Martian Manhunter, who just can do anything, all at once, and sometimes suffers from an embarrassment of riches / paralysis of too many options, with some writers and doesn't bother using half of his powers anyway.
    Thanks for the compliment

So is the new Aztek, Nayeli Constant, of indigenous descent? From my research, Nayeli is a name of Zapotec Indian origin and Mexico does have a black population.

Sneak peek at Freedom Fighters: The Ray.

I can't really tell if that's meant to be Trujillo in the trailer. He has the mohawk, face paint and costume but his skin tone seems like he's black like the Condor from Mutliversity.
    Is this out yet?

Hopefully BC doesn't get jobbed in this film.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BLACK CONDOR

John Trujillo is a loner at heart. Having left the reserve he grew up on, John settled into the deserts of Arizona. It was here where he was visited by the goddess Tocotl. He was imbued with the great elemental abilities of the wind and became the champion known as Black Condor.

Having fought crime independently in the west, Black Condor was initially disinterested in joining the Freedom Fighters. He was eventually convinced by Tocotl herself to branch out and lend his powers to the greater good.

https://www.deviantart.com/femmes-fa...gned-583395746

DC needs to use Black Condor, Dawnstar, and Equinox more. They also need to revamp Apache Chief/ Longshadow!

Also I know Jaime Reyes is Latino, but doesn't he also count as Indigenous racially? I mean he certainly looks Native.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Now that the Immortal Men are ending Timber would make a good stand in for Apache Chief in the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    DC needs to use Black Condor, Dawnstar, and Equinox more. They also need to revamp Apache Chief/ Longshadow!

Also I know Jaime Reyes is Latino, but doesn't he also count as Indigenous racially? I mean he certainly looks Native.
    I believe he'd have to have been raised in some form of Indigenous American culture for that to be th case.

Ya'Wara and Koryak of the Aquaman franchise are two other examples an Indigenous American character that DC could do more with.

Extraordinary Member

Immortal Men
    Keshena Carpentier (Prime Earth)
    Timber

https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Keshena_Ca..._(Prime_Earth)

I believe he'd have to have been raised in some form of Indigenous American culture for that to be th case.

Ya'Wara and Koryak of the Aquaman franchise are two other examples an Indigenous American character that DC could do more with.
    Well that's dumb lol. White, Asian and Black people don't have to be raised in their indigenous cultures to be considered such racially. So why the double standard for Native Americans? I think Jaime is culturally Latino, but racially Indigenous American.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!