Default Comic Book Loot Box

So, I got my first comic book loot box from 'Superloot' yesterday, and I love it!

I liked the feeling of having no idea what I was getting and the joy when I had Sabretooth's origin and a 2000 JLA annual (Janissary), which is the only JLA I've read. Plus a few other JLA and some interesting titles, including #1 of 'Mirror'.

I'm curious, does anybody else get a comic book (specifically) loot box? If so, why? Why not? I definitely don't think that everybody would like them, but I do so far

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    So, I got my first comic book loot box from 'Superloot' yesterday, and I love it!

I liked the feeling of having no idea what I was getting and the joy when I had Sabretooth's origin and a 2000 JLA annual (Janissary), which is the only JLA I've read. Plus a few other JLA and some interesting titles, including #1 of 'Mirror'.

I'm curious, does anybody else get a comic book (specifically) loot box? If so, why? Why not? I definitely don't think that everybody would like them, but I do so far
    Sounds kind of like the old grab bag concept repurposed. It'd be great if it were silver or Bronze age comics, but more modern comics are so decompressed you're going to end up with part one of four at best.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It's sounds kind of fun but just my luck I would get Squirrel Girl comics. I'm not that into blind buys.

BANNED

I used to get boxes like this through mail order catalogs and ads in comics. They were pretty great in the 80s when they'd stick what I assume were recent newstand returns in them. But by the 90s you were lucky to get one or two decent comics in a sea of 10 cent bin crap. It doesn't sound like Enigma got anything that would blow anyone away in his/her loot box.

This unboxing makes me think Superloot tends more toward the randomized crap model. There's a couple of good number ones in there, but others are deep within series and there's even an issue of The Darkness with a retailer pricegun sticker on the cover.

Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 12-12-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Sounds kind of like the old grab bag concept repurposed. It'd be great if it were silver or Bronze age comics, but more modern comics are so decompressed you're going to end up with part one of four at best.
    Yeah, they would have to ship Trades if this had any value for me.

I like the idea, but what would be the point of getting say..... Black Panther #4 when it is 4 of 12 lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html