Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    The X-men suffer from the "Superman disease" of too many overpowered abilities.
    That is, if they work together.

To make any enemy threatening the X-men have to be written like complete fools. It's just the price you pay for power in the MU.
    Agreed, and good comparison, I would even say Wally West as Flash instead of Superman, since he seems like a worst case. But anyways, that's why I'm not expecting the X-Men to just rolfstomp the Inhumans, it would make for a super boring story.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Punjabi_Hitman :

Your scenarios shouldn't work without pis.

i can say that Colossus or Rogue can simply tank all BB attacks and kill him. That's equally wrong as saying that BB can obliterate x-men when they have dazzler
    Or their line of Telepaths. They could probably shut him down before he can do anything.

Honestly all the psychics could just concentrate and turn all their brains off.

BANNED

DiamondQueen :
    Honestly all the psychics could just concentrate and turn all their brains off.
    Thanks to AXIS we had at least explanation why they can't.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Eh, Rachel was able to take down the Inhuman guard by herself when she and Magneto invaded so...

DiamondQueen :

Thanks to AXIS we had at least explanation why they can't.
    what was the explanation?

BANNED

vasir12:
    what was the explanation?
    Tony Stark created device to stop telepathic powers.

"Still it's all just frequencies. Broadcast the counter-frequency and, well... no more telepathy. There's a technical solution to everything."

I think that this should be in all major bases.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Yeah, if this Reader guy gets a solo series even half as good, I'll be surprised.

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation. He sounds nothing like Franklin or Jamie, though. They don't have multiple specific powers that depend on the situation. In fact, he doesn't sound reality warper, just like a Mimic or Legion. A telepath should easily wipe him out if they know about him. Couldn't a telekinetic or Magneto or a teleporter just steal his book so he has nothing to read?
    He's blind. He doesn't have a book, but a series of Braille cards with key words on them. He seems to enforce his own rules on his powers (for example, he won't just Read his eyes back) so that he doesn't break reality. He just read a person back to life in Uncanny Inhumans.

The Inhumans have among their ranks some of the most powerful people on the planet, like Black Bolt. They just don't use the full extent of their powers out of necessity. If it was a full-on war where we only used powers and not personality the Inhumans could rip the earth in half. As it stands in a cheap drama comic series we probably won't see either side do anything to spectacular.

vasir12:

"Still it's all just frequencies. Broadcast the counter-frequency and, well... no more telepathy. There's a technical solution to everything."

That sounds like the IF iest solution ever. Dont ever change Marvel. But just cause bad Tony had one doesnt mean he handed them out like candy. Besides if you step out, which they would have to do fight for the cloud...done deal.

BANNED

DiamondQueen :
    That sounds like the IF iest solution ever. Dont ever change Marvel.
    haha true
    But just cause bad Tony had one doesnt mean he handed them out like candy.
    he wasn't bad... he said that he need one week to create enough devices to protect whole planet.

esides if you step out, which they would have to do fight for the cloud...done deal.
    this device is very small. Children can have this.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    He's blind. He doesn't have a book, but a series of Braille cards with key words on them. He seems to enforce his own rules on his powers (for example, he won't just Read his eyes back) so that he doesn't break reality. He just read a person back to life in Uncanny Inhumans.

The Inhumans have among their ranks some of the most powerful people on the planet, like Black Bolt. They just don't use the full extent of their powers out of necessity. If it was a full-on war where we only used powers and not personality the Inhumans could rip the earth in half. As it stands in a cheap drama comic series we probably won't see either side do anything to spectacular.
    Pretty much the case for any group. X-men, Inhumans, Avengers, JLA. They could all pretty much destroy anything but... the story

DiamondQueen :

haha true

he wasn't bad... he said that he need one week to create enough devices to protect whole planet.

this device is very small. Children can have this.
    So basically anti Tp tech...which if I remember correctly they have shown if they push enough they can break through...just leaves a lot of mushy brained people.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Pretty much the case for any group. X-men, Inhumans, Avengers, JLA. They could all pretty much destroy anything but... the story
    Indeed. Maybe Elixir could bring back 616 Mad Jim Jaspers, who is potentially capable of destroying the entire multiverse, and could easily destroy all of the living X-Men/Inhumans together

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

vasir12:

I doubt they could mass produce it and no Telepath has the same signature. They would need to know that Telepaths signature and tune it towards that one which leaves them open to others.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No need to get offended really you just simply misunderstood the WHOLE topic. Your response wasn't close to what I was actually talking about.
    ...so you aren't talking about the amount, resources, and experience of characters on one side compared to the other??
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Sardorim:
    I doubt they could mass produce
    Should i show You scan?
    no Telepath has the same signature.
    maybe he didn't waste any time to create this device.