Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So damned pissed right now. DC is perfectly able to have Netherealm do Injustice 2 and a solid DC only fighting game for consoles, but we Marvel fans, despite the fact it's more popular than ever, STILL have to share space with fecking Capcom characters we don't care about! Half the damn roster, wasted! And you can bet there's no story on the level of Injustice to be had, just Capcom trying to make the bloody thing as suited to endless competitions on the paid fighting game comp range.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-02-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Very, VERY iffy about the 'Infinite' subtitle. Something about it is setting off my warning bells for free-to-play, microtransactions, hodgepodge incomplete product at launch (remember SFV? Y'know, for the year or so it took to actually feel like a whole game?) and basically everything else I hate in modern gaming. Yes, that's a lot of conclusions to jump to over a title, but they could have just put a '4' on there, so...

Also: THAT'S NOT WHAT BINARY LOOKS LIKE ARGH
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

X !!!

And that's the best Captain Marvel has looked in a while. The comics and cartoons should take note .

Injustice at least managed to have a good story and proved you didn't have to crossover with MK (or Capcom) all the time to make something work. And until Marvel does a proper solid fighting game for consoles without wasting half the roster on Capcom characters, never.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-02-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Very, VERY iffy about the 'Infinite' subtitle. Something about it is setting off my warning bells for free-to-play, microtransactions, hodgepodge incomplete product at launch (remember SFV? Y'know, for the year or so it took to actually feel like a whole game?) and basically everything else I hate in modern gaming. Yes, that's a lot of conclusions to jump to over a title, but they could have just put a '4' on there, so...

Also: THAT'S NOT WHAT BINARY LOOKS LIKE ARGH
    It's called Infinite because the Infinity Gems will be a major gameplay element.

MvCI press release
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...y-stones-more/

In case you missed our announcement at PlayStation Experience, Marvel and Capcom have joined forces once again to bring you the next epic chapter in our highly acclaimed cross-over series: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite! Universes collide with fun, frantic player-vs-player battles.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike.
    In addition to single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the center of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.

Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.

Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.

Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.

Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.

Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
    Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.

Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is currently in development and will release across North America and Europe in Late 2017.
    Tune in to ESPN on Sunday, December 4 during the Capcom Cup 2016 broadcast to see an extended trailer from Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. We’ll have more information to share soon, so be sure to follow us on Twitter and YouTube for all things Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's called Infinite because the Infinity Gems will be a major gameplay element.
    Good news: Maybe my worries are for nothing!

Bad news: This sounds suspiciously like the Street Fighter X Tekken gem system that served only to get in the way.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Injustice at least managed to have a good story and proved you didn't have to crossover with MK (or Capcom) all the time to make something work. And until Marvel does a proper solid fighting game for consoles without wasting half the roster on Capcom characters, never.
    Capcom are the best fighting game makers of all time. Its a privilege they make these games for Marvel. They've made two amazing only Marvel heroes fighting games already that are classics of the genre.

Marvel & Capcom are perfect for each other.

I admit the idea of the Infinity Gems, having 2 characters team up against 2 more, and a story mode, all show promise. I just know it's a little petty but I really do wish that we didn't have to keep sharing our beloved Marvel characters with Capcom ones just because. Marvel needs a good solo fighting game these days to match DC with Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Capcom are the best fighting game makers of all time. Its a privilege they make these games for Marvel. They've made two amazing only Marvel heroes fighting games already that are classics of the genre.

Marvel & Capcom are perfect for each other.
    That might have been true once, but Capcom hasn't had solid and beloved franchises in years. Resident Evil struggles to stay relevant until the reboot, most of the character in MVC games haven't had games in ages, and Street Fighter has to crossover with Tekken to get a decent cent. It's lucky that Marvel think it still NEEDS Capcom to team up in a fighting game, because they don't. As for X-Men: Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes, those were decades ago. If Capcom gets off its butt and makes a decent Marvel only fighting game without the need to shove its own characters up our butts, I'll be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Good news: Maybe my worries are for nothing!

Bad news: This sounds suspiciously like the Street Fighter X Tekken gem system that served only to get in the way.
    I think it will be like Marvel Superheroes. This game sounds like MSH with 2v2 and Capcom characters.

One thing is confusing me. The trailer there says it'll be on Xbox One as well as Steam but the news about the game is all saying its PS4 exclusive. Which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    One thing is confusing me. The trailer there says it'll be on Xbox One as well as Steam but the news about the game is all saying its PS4 exclusive. Which one is it?
    It'll be on Xbox One and Steam as well.

The port of Ultimate MvC 3 is a timed exclusive and will be available elsewhere later on.

That might have been true once, but Capcom hasn't had solid and beloved franchises in years. Resident Evil struggles to stay relevant until the reboot, most of the character in MVC games haven't had games in ages, and Street Fighter has to crossover with Tekken to get a decent cent. It's lucky that Marvel think it still NEEDS Capcom to team up in a fighting game, because they don't. As for X-Men: Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes, those were decades ago. If Capcom gets off its butt and makes a decent Marvel only fighting game without the need to shove its own characters up our butts, I'll be happier.
    Resident Evil struggles to stay relevant until the reboot,
    False. REmake HD was the fastest selling PSN title ever and has sold over a million copies. RE0 HD has sold over 800K to date. Resident Evil 5&6 are respectively #1 and #2 in sales for Capcom games all time. The good sales are the reason why they are still entertaining making remakes of their classic games(Like the RE2 remake that's in development). RE is one of the few good things Capcom has going for itself, but I digress for various reasons.

most of the character in MVC games haven't had games in ages
    How is this bad? It keeps lesser known characters alive.

Street Fighter has to crossover with Tekken to get a decent cent.
    SFxT sold like crap and the game was dead competitively months after release. They were doing okay with SF4 on its own. Also it was a deal between Capcom & Namco so expect TxSF once Namco has dealt with Tekken 7's console port. SF5 hasn't sold what they wanted, but they don't have the Xbox playerbase either unlike SF4.

It's lucky that Marvel think it still NEEDS Capcom to team up in a fighting game, because they don't.
    True

If Capcom gets off its butt and makes a decent Marvel only fighting game without the need to shove its own characters up our butts, I'll be happier.
    Why shouldn't they? Just because you don't like Capcom characters doesn't mean everyone else feels the same.

BANNED

So damned pissed right now. DC is perfectly able to have Netherealm do Injustice 2 and a solid DC only fighting game for consoles, but we Marvel fans, despite the fact it's more popular than ever, STILL have to share space with fecking Capcom characters we don't care about! Half the damn roster, wasted! And you can bet there's no story on the level of Injustice to be had, just Capcom trying to make the bloody thing as suited to endless competitions on the paid fighting game comp range.

I don't like anything about Injustice yet I love the Capcom games and love the fact that two companies I like are doing a vs game again, Marvel and Capcom both know this game will have a far longer shelf life then Injustice since every major FGC tournament will have this game in the marquee where Injustice can't make that claim
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-02-2017 at 01:03 PM.