Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    No idea who those are, so probably yeah.
    I...can't even be surprised by that anymore. It's been 20 years since Darkstalkers 3 was released, with Darkstalkers 4 nowhere on the horizon. Capcom has completely abandoned the series, except when it needs a few sexy monstergirls to pad out the cast of the VS Capcom series. Despite that, it was always Capcom's best fighting game series, and they need to get off their asses and make Darkstalkers 4 already.

In my case it's not so much that I dislike the concept of Marvel characters teaming up with Capcom characters. I like crossovers as much as anyone when I know enough about both parties. Its more the fact that its all we have to go on these days if we want a decent Marvel fighting game on consoles. We had Mortal Kombat/DC Universe as a game, but that didn't stop Netherealm from making two more games with just DC characters (minus the odd MK guest) with Injustice. So hopefully Capcom and Marvel if they continue such a partnership will strongly consider doing a Marvel only fighting game in the near future.
    Yeah, but that's because MKvsDCU was awful. It's sole notable feature was bringing back the Arcade Drop fatality. They keep making MvsC because people actually like them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Capcom are the best fighting game makers of all time. Its a privilege they make these games for Marvel. They've made two amazing only Marvel heroes fighting games already that are classics of the genre.

Marvel & Capcom are perfect for each other.
    Ehhh... Personally, I prefer Arc System Works, which I think would be a much better fit for Marvel, what with their detailed and weird storylines, tons of character development, bright color palettes, and tendency to give all their characters unique mechanics that their techniques and general fighting styles are based around (Drives, Personas, etc...).

That might have been true once, but Capcom hasn't had solid and beloved franchises in years. Resident Evil struggles to stay relevant until the reboot, most of the character in MVC games haven't had games in ages, and Street Fighter has to crossover with Tekken to get a decent cent. It's lucky that Marvel think it still NEEDS Capcom to team up in a fighting game, because they don't. As for X-Men: Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes, those were decades ago. If Capcom gets off its butt and makes a decent Marvel only fighting game without the need to shove its own characters up our butts, I'll be happier.

And while it's not really to my tastes, but Monster Hunter says, "Hi." Really to my taste, and not really a franchise, but Asura's Wrath says, "RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I'm kinda meh about the idea of Asura crossing over into SF as something other than non-canon cameo character since it would require completely watering down his powers and abilities to keep him from just punting everyone that fights him into, and subsequently through, the moon.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 12-04-2016 at 06:17 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I...can't even be surprised by that anymore. It's been 20 years since Darkstalkers 3 was released, with Darkstalkers 4 nowhere on the horizon. Capcom has completely abandoned the series, except when it needs a few sexy monstergirls to pad out the cast of the VS Capcom series. Despite that, it was always Capcom's best fighting game series, and they need to get off their asses and make Darkstalkers 4 already.
    it's a shame too. the DS/VS games are among my favorites. i can't play them but i still enjoy them. especially with high level play.

but as long as the gameplay is solid, people will still play a game. i'm looking at you, 3rd strike.

It would have been made, but the Darkstalkers HD remix failed to meet expectations so they assume the FGC and the general public must really not be that thirsty for a new one.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dar.../1100-6406806/

Fantastic Member

New reveals are Cap and Morrigan.

https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegalle...nite-images/1/
    Last edited by KCJ506; 12-04-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Captain America and Morrigan revealed in the extended trailer. Cap is wearing his MCU costume
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 12-04-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Well, Morrigan is in, Darkstalkers has fulfilled its purpose for another generation. *sigh*
    Be prepared for the Morrigan/Captain Marvel Rule 34 that's going to plague the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Captain America and Morrigan revealed in the extended trailer. Cap is wearing his MCU costume
    Brian Bloom back as Cap !!!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Well, Morrigan is in, Darkstalkers has fulfilled its purpose for another generation. *sigh*
    Be prepared for the Morrigan/Captain Marvel Rule 34 that's going to plague the internet.
    Since the game is getting a steam release I have SFM rule 34 to look forward to.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I could really go for all the speed lines that look drawn, onomatopoeia, panel framing, and panel popups during moves that game has. That kind of stuff looks really cool there, it looked cool in comic book games Capcom has done in the past like The Punisher and JoJo, and it would look really cool her.

I wonder if the color palette of the game is a Marvel thing. Old Marvel vs Capcom games were brighter, as was Tastsunoko vs Capcom.[/QUOTE]

Of course Arc System Works didn't make Personas, the series existed as an RPG for around 16 years before they made it into a fighting game. It was an example of Arc Systems Work taking characters with pre-existing powers and integrating them as unique battle mechanics rather than just special moves, like the Drives in Blazblue. And the Capcom Jojo game was the one from the Dreamcast era, not the All-Star Battle which is amazing but by CyberConnect2 (who admittedly did the HD port of the Capcom JJBA game) and Bandai Namco.

Granted, the Capcom version was great and had Stands in it, but they played a bit differently than P4A, but it is also around 18 years old now and was more or less a straight retelling of the Stardust Crusaders arc of JJBA, so isn't quite as relevant to their ability to make a good purely Marvel Comics fighting game as Arc System Works' making super stylish and very intricate fighting games that were crossovers between multiple titles which exist within the same universe, with very detailed original stories, and character development in 2012 and 2013.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-02-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Fantastic Member

so who was the guy shown in the teaser with four red eyes ? i thought it was ultron but then there were also eyes on the chest

also . short wish list with the roster...

ultron
    thanos
    loki
    carnage
    thor
    hyperion
    medusa
    odin
    red onslaught
    scarlet witch
    dr strange
    winter soldier

honestly im not hung up on who should be included as long as they can give variety of playstyles and not having half of the roster being "dudes with guns".

if there are characters i extremely hope to NOT see, that would be amadeus hulk, jane thor, riri iron man, any spiderman other than peter....
    Last edited by daisetsu100; 12-04-2016 at 08:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    so who was the guy shown in the teaser with four red eyes ? i thought it was ultron but then there were also eyes on the chest

also . short wish list with the roster...

ultron
    thanos
    loki
    carnage
    thor
    hyperion
    medusa
    odin
    red onslaught
    scarlet witch
    dr strange
    winter soldier

honestly im not hung up on who should be included as long as they can give variety of playstyles and not having half of the roster being "dudes with guns".

if there are characters i extremely hope to NOT see, that would be amadeus hulk, jane thor, riri iron man, any spiderman other than peter....
    I am sure you will be quite happy then although some of those could be alt skins though. This is about pushing the movies though. Although Peter as only SPidey is least likely. I expect a Spidey Verse DLC.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

To be fair once I realised where she's from I know who Morrigan is, the attractive bat succubus lady who pops up in all sorts of places. I would assume that given the appearance of several of those ladies it wouldn't be politically correct or some nonsense? Anyway, I feel your pain. Maybe we can storm Capcom offices and get Darkstalkers 4 and a Marvel fighting game commissioned or something