Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Netherrealm just learned how to make a decent fighting game with 9 and X. Before that they haven't anything decent since UMK3. They still have no idea how to balance a game. Damn near every DLC character they released in X jumped to being one of the best characters in the game. If I had to have someone else develop a Marvel game it would be Arc systems for sure. Love their work with the Guilty Gear series; all of the vibrant colors and the quirkiness of the characters in that game would lend itself quite nice to making a Marvel fighting game.
    Last edited by ChibaMariners; 12-03-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So damned pissed right now. DC is perfectly able to have Netherealm do Injustice 2 and a solid DC only fighting game for consoles, but we Marvel fans, despite the fact it's more popular than ever, STILL have to share space with fecking Capcom characters we don't care about! Half the damn roster, wasted! And you can bet there's no story on the level of Injustice to be had, just Capcom trying to make the bloody thing as suited to endless competitions on the paid fighting game comp range.
    You don't have to share space. Contest of Champions and Marvel Heroes are over there -->

MvC has been Capcom's show for almost 20 years. You aren't sharing space with them, they're sharing space with you.

And who complains about a dev making sure that a competitive game is suited for competitive play? Someone explain that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    Netherrealm just learned how to make a decent fighting game with 9 and X. Before that they haven't anything decent since UMK3. They still have no idea how to balance a game.
    MKX seems to be doing pretty well for itself as far as tournaments and balance goes.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-02-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I don't like anything about Injustice yet I love the Capcom games and love the fact that two companies I like are doing a vs game again, Marvel and Capcom both know this game will have a far longer shelf life then Injustice since every major FGC tournament will have this game in the marquee where Injustice can't make that claim
    And thanks for answering my concern for me... because THAT'S what we need MVCI for, endless tournaments of whiney Capcom and fighting game nits which basically make the game impossible to play unless you're as 'pro' as they are. Give me Injustice's solid alternate universe storyline any day over that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    Netherrealm just learned how to make a decent fighting game with 9 and X. Before that they haven't anything decent since UMK3. They still have no idea how to balance a game. Damn near every DLC character they released in X jumped to being one of the best characters in the game. If I had to have someone else develop a Marvel game it would be Arc systems for sure. Love their work with the Guilty Gear series; all of the vibrant colors and the quirkiness of the characters in that game would lend itself quite nice to making a Marvel fighting game.
    I will say it is nice that we are finally getting Marvel games on consoles, which is half the battle I was campaigning for, and since I have heard those games were well made I would be interested if they gave a hand at a Marvel only fighting game, especially if they picked a solid storyline like Secret Wars or something as the basis. They also made one of my fav DBZ games in Supersonic Warriors.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

And thanks for answering my concern for me... because THAT'S what we need MVCI for, endless tournaments of whiney Capcom and fighting game nits which basically make the game impossible to play unless you're as 'pro' as they are. Give me Injustice's solid alternate universe storyline any day over that nonsense.
    You seriously want Capcom to prioritize a story mode for a fighting game?

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    You don't have to share space. Contest of Champions and Marvel Heroes are over there -->

MvC has been Capcom's show for almost 20 years. You aren't sharing space with them, they're sharing space with you.
    Yes because I am clearly going to go and play the cash grabbing 'greed over gameplay' mobile wanna be Injustice 'game' experience which is Contest of Champions so I can spend money on a gadzillion crystals just for the avgue chance I unlock someone important. Or an MMO on PC. I'm a console gamer and it's time we had something.

As for that, Marvel is far bigger a powerhouse than Capcom is these days, and they were certainly the ones who finally gave the go ahead. Marvel honestly doesn't need Capcom characters in a fighting game, it's only nostalgia to recapture the original (which without X-Men they certainly won't) which keeps the series semi-going. A Marvel only fighting game rivalling Injustice is a far greater prospect without the need to know who the hell umpteen has been game series and characters are.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You seriously want Capcom to prioritize a story mode for a fighting game?
    Erm, yes? A story mode gives you the right hook and premise set up for a fighting game. Mortal Kombat and Injustice have done it well enough to the extent that Street Fighter put it in, and now apparently MVCI too. Marvel has plenty of storylines to use for inspiration in a Marvel fighting game... in my choice 2015's Secret Wars for the array of alternate realities for characters to come from.

I wonder if they'll get back Mark Gatha as X?

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post

And who complains about a dev making sure that a competitive game is suited for competitive play? Someone explain that to me.

MKX seems to be doing pretty well for itself as far as tournaments and balance goes.
    Tournaments yes. As for as gameplay and balance I'm gonna have to agree and disagree. They had a string of DLC characters (Alien and Predator for sure) that jumped up to the top of the game before balance patches. It doesn't matter as much since the gameplay itself relies on heavy use of 50/50 guess traps. A ton of characters can do it making it "balanced", but they failed at making decent overall product if THE core component of the game at high level is predicated on who can execute their 50/50 mixup gameplan better. A good fighter should have a little bit of everything. X is definitely a step in the right direction for them though, so hopefully they take heed of community advice whenever 11 drops.

BANNED

So this game's a mixture of Marvel Superheroes and the original Marvel vs Capcom, but with a new story ?

I will say it is nice that we are finally getting Marvel games on consoles, which is half the battle I was campaigning for, and since I have heard those games were well made I would be interested if they gave a hand at a Marvel only fighting game, especially if they picked a solid storyline like Secret Wars or something as the basis. They also made one of my fav DBZ games in Supersonic Warriors.
    Supersonic Warriors man you took it back. Definitely one of my favorites out of that series.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

my take is you can have a good story mode and balanced fighting mechanics. what good is playing the story mode if the game play is jank? one of my favorite fighting games is SVC chaos. it has a great set-up, especially with the graphic novels but even i know the gameplay is busted, hence why you don't see it played most, if not any tournament.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Erm, yes? A story mode gives you the right hook and premise set up for a fighting game. Mortal Kombat and Injustice have done it well enough to the extent that Street Fighter put it in, and now apparently MVCI too. Marvel has plenty of storylines to use for inspiration in a Marvel fighting game... in my choice 2015's Secret Wars for the array of alternate realities for characters to come from.
    The fans of this series ain't going to play it for a story mode. They want to use their favorite characters and beat the crap out of each other. They don't care for story context behind it. I sure as hell don't.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The fans of this series ain't going to play it for a story mode. They want to use their favorite characters and beat the crap out of each other. They don't care for story context behind it. I sure as hell don't.
    ditto. MVC2 had no story mode at all and yet i love it. hell, it's still being played both online and in tournaments.

BANNED

That's the thing you don't have to be a "pro" you just have to at bare minimum know the basics like throwing a hadoken