Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    One more for the failpile
    Why does that have the MOVIE Avengers logo when Wolverine is there? It's not based on the movies, so it should've used the comics logo.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The fans of this series ain't going to play it for a story mode. They want to use their favorite characters and beat the crap out of each other. They don't care for story context behind it. I sure as hell don't.
    One can have both, but the fact that Injustice managed to create a well thought out story with alternate universes and an ongoing comic prequel that became the best selling digital comic for DC is testament to how well a proper storyline for a comic based video fighting game can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I don't understand why people think X-Men (and DP and FF) might not be in the game.
    They will obviously not be in the game. Not even as a background in someone's ending.
    I don't know, while I'm certainly leaning to the "nope, not gonna happen" thought, it wouldn't be too surprisingly to have maybe throw us a bone with Deadpool and Wolverine in it. I certainly wouldn't get hopes up for any of the Fantastic Four though. If they don't though I wouldn't be surprised if they more or less replace Deadpool with Squirrel Girl or Gwenpoole as the "wacky" character.

Anyway, I never did end up playing any of the other games, always seemed a bit to fast pace for me, plus i'm just not that into fighting games, but I might at least check out MvC3 before this one comes out once the steam release hits.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Honestly I think it would be nice if Marvel/Capcom did an all Marvel fighter. The closest we've ever gotten to one that wasn't all X-men was MSH.

In regards to the whole issue regarding the characters that are owned by Fox, the only ones I think are essential are Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Deadpool and Doom. Doom probably wouldn't even be an issue if Fox wasn't so adamant about hanging on to the F4 rights.
    Exactly, for all my bemoaning I do gather that Capcom did a decent job with MSH and COTA, so hopefully they can see DC with Injustice and recognise that a solo Marvel fighting game can and should work.

c/p my post from another forum:

I don't understand why people think X-Men (and DP and FF) might not be in the game.
    They will obviously not be in the game. Not even as a background in someone's ending.

This also goes for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for some odd reason. They will also not be in the game.

Anyways if 24 character at launch rumor is true, here is my prediction:

Iron Man
    Captain Marvel
    Captain America
    Thor
    Hulk
    Black Widow
    Loki
    Doctor Strange
    Ant-Man
    Groot
    Rocket Raccoon
    Spider-Man

I think 8 DLC characters for each side is a good bet, so here is my prediction for the Marvel side:

Thanos
    Ultron
    Ms. Marvel
    Hawkeye
    Vision
    Star-Lord
    Wasp
    Gwenpool

Edit: Then again; Wasp or Ms. Marvel or Gwenpool can slip into the initial roster since 2 female characters out of 12 seems wierd.
    They seriously better have more Marvel characters than that at launch, because 12 is bloody pathetic. If we have to share with Capcom then it should be 20 at least. And definitely more female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I don't know, while I'm certainly leaning to the "nope, not gonna happen" thought, it wouldn't be too surprisingly to have maybe throw us a bone with Deadpool and Wolverine in it. I certainly wouldn't get hopes up for any of the Fantastic Four though. If they don't though I wouldn't be surprised if they more or less replace Deadpool with Squirrel Girl or Gwenpoole as the "wacky" character.

Anyway, I never did end up playing any of the other games, always seemed a bit to fast pace for me, plus i'm just not that into fighting games, but I might at least check out MvC3 before this one comes out once the steam release hits.
    The thing is if they want to put X-Men (they definitely don't) they will put more than just Deadpool and Wolverine. They will make half of the roster X-Men. But they don't want that so there will be no FOX-related character. There is no middle area.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Very, VERY iffy about the 'Infinite' subtitle. Something about it is setting off my warning bells for free-to-play, microtransactions, hodgepodge incomplete product at launch (remember SFV? Y'know, for the year or so it took to actually feel like a whole game?) and basically everything else I hate in modern gaming. Yes, that's a lot of conclusions to jump to over a title, but they could have just put a '4' on there, so...

Also: THAT'S NOT WHAT BINARY LOOKS LIKE ARGH
    If that's not what it supposed to look like it was at Marvel's behest. They are picky about how the characters are depicted. Probably even moreso since Carol is getting a movie. Marvel leads Capcom through the process; they were legendarily picky about Dr. Strange's depiction from his moves, to the way he stood, to the way he moves his hands around.

Iron Man
    Captain Marvel
    Captain America
    Thor
    Hulk
    Black Widow
    Loki
    Doctor Strange
    Ant-Man
    Groot
    Rocket Raccoon
    Spider-Man

I think 8 DLC characters for each side is a good bet, so here is my prediction for the Marvel side:

Thanos
    Ultron
    Ms. Marvel
    Hawkeye
    Vision
    Star-Lord
    Wasp
    Gwenpool

Edit: Then again; Wasp or Ms. Marvel or Gwenpool can slip into the initial roster since 2 female characters out of 12 seems wierd.
    Not a bad list, but someone has to drop to make room for Shuma-Gorath. CAPCOM really likes Shuma-Gorath.

c/p my post from another forum:

This also goes for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for some odd reason. They will also not be in the game.

Iron Man
    Captain Marvel
    Captain America
    Thor
    Hulk
    Black Widow
    Loki
    Doctor Strange
    Ant-Man
    Groot
    Rocket Raccoon
    Spider-Man

Thanos
    Ultron
    Ms. Marvel
    Hawkeye
    Vision
    Star-Lord
    Wasp
    Gwenpool

No enough POC(Unless that Spidey is Miles Morales). I don't see how Black Panther doesn't make the initial cut with the movie coming out soon.
    Last edited by ChibaMariners; 12-04-2016 at 07:21 AM.

BP will def be there if Carol is.

Hes already debuted in the mcu, his solo is before, and his comic has much higher sales

IM
    Cap
    Thor
    Hulk
    Strange
    Black Panther
    Spider man
    Cap Marvel

Are locks i would assume

Then there is a battle royal between loki, rcket, groot, starlord, widow, winter soldier, black bolt, antan, wasp, and the like

Thats a sausage fest tjo but thats
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Not a bad list, but someone has to drop to make room for Shuma-Gorath. CAPCOM really likes Shuma-Gorath.

Yet another thing which ticks me off about MVC... when the developers from one company picking from another still like the fecking squid guy for a slot, even though he never appears in the comics unless Marvel wants to reference that MVC is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    BP will def be there if Carol is.

Hes already debuted in the mcu, his solo is before, and his comic has much higher sales

IM
    Cap
    Thor
    Hulk
    Strange
    Black Panther
    Spider man
    Cap Marvel

Are locks i would assume

Then there is a battle royal between loki, rcket, groot, starlord, widow, winter soldier, black bolt, antan, wasp, and the like

Thats a sausage fest tjo but thats
    The focuses for Marvel are going to be Avengers, Inhumans, Guardians, Defenders/Marvel Knights and Spider-Man characters, with a definite focus on MCU guys and gals and likely a few of the All New All Different broom like Kamala, Miles, Robbie and maybe Spider Gwen.

BANNED

The problem is if the roster is 12. I wouldn't see how you fit X-men in in the first place.

Avengers, Defenders, Guardians, Inhumans, and Spidey Verse.

Required Heroes:
    Spider-man, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Ant-man (or Wasp), Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel. That is 9 right off the bat.

You then need one guardian with Thanos and Loki. That is 12 man roster right off the bat.

With yeah terrible gender balance even if you pick Wasp, Gamora and Captain Marvel.

X-men will be DLC or they will heavily mirror their fighting styles onto other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yet another thing which ticks me off about MVC... when the developers from one company picking from another still like the fecking squid guy for a slot, even though he never appears in the comics unless Marvel wants to reference that MVC is a thing.
    Could always just drop Marvel entirely and just do Darkstalkers instead.
    But there's no money in that.

Totally thought I had BP in my list. Of course he'll be there. My bad.