Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Then there is a battle royal between loki, rcket, groot, starlord, widow, winter soldier, black bolt, antan, wasp, and the like
    I'm betting if there is 1 inhuman in the game, it's Kamala.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

No X-men, as predicted.

Sucks but whatever...

I want Ghost Rider and Quake.

Can this please use another popular Street Fighter female character? I'm tired of Chun-Li always getting love. How about Sakura, C.Viper, Cammy or even Juri?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Yet another thing which ticks me off about MVC... when the developers from one company picking from another still like the fecking squid guy for a slot, even though he never appears in the comics unless Marvel wants to reference that MVC is a thing.
    Every fighter has their signature characters. Shuma is this for MvC. I'll be disappointed if he's not in.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

Can this please use another popular Street Fighter female character? I'm tired of Chun-Li always getting love. How about Sakura, C.Viper, Cammy or even Juri?
    Chun-Li's the first lady of fighting games and is pretty much a staple to the Capcom vs series. So whether people like or not, she'll always have a spot in these games.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Could always just drop Marvel entirely and just do Darkstalkers instead.
    But there's no money in that.
    No idea who those are, so probably yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm betting if there is 1 inhuman in the game, it's Kamala.
    Definitely, with either Quake, Black Bolt or Medusa as the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Every fighter has their signature characters. Shuma is this for MvC. I'll be disappointed if he's not in.
    But why? He's never in the comics, and just because a character looks mildly fancier than other because ohhhhhhh look he's a squid guy doesn't mean you should include him. Capcom needs to start recognising that we're not in the 90's anymore. If they want a Doctor Strange villain, stick with Dormannnu.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    But why? He's never in the comics, and just because a character looks mildly fancier than other because ohhhhhhh look he's a squid guy doesn't mean you should include him. Capcom needs to start recognising that we're not in the 90's anymore. If they want a Doctor Strange villain, stick with Dormannnu.
    Shuma gets no love in the comics. No one would know who he is if it wasn't for this series. He's pretty much a Marvel owned Capcom character. I want to see him back.

Skip to 1:20:30 on this video. MvCI interview
    https://www.twitch.tv/playstation/v/105283339

All this story mode talk scares me.

Shuma gets no love in the comics. No one would know who he is if it wasn't for this series. He's pretty much a Marvel owned Capcom character. I want to see him back.
    Then Marvel should use him more in the comics then, because it's the problem, not even long term fans of Marvel knew who the hell he was until Capcom chucks him in. I just remember back in 2011 boggling that Capcom though HE was the one character people wanted from Marvel as the DLC guy, rather than... I dunno, a thousand more logical additions at the time?

Please for all that is holy Capcom, DON'T MAKE SHUMA THE DLC EXCLUSIVE CHARACTER AGAIN! GIVE US SOMEONE WE ACTUALLY KNOW!

Fantastic Member

From what I understand, part of why Shuma rarely appears in the comics is because the nature of him makes using him ridiculously delicate such that to use him too much would cause a lot of "Villain Decay" for someone whose mere existence can be universally damaging.

And there's a chance that Shuma could appear in the Doctor Strange sequels. So if Capcom wants him back, this time they probably won't even have to beg Marvel for him.

Skip to 1:20:30 on this video. MvCI interview
    https://www.twitch.tv/playstation/v/105283339

All this story mode talk scares me.
    Whilst it makes me more happy, because I love story driven stuff. Interested to see who the third Marvel character is... I'm expecting someone logical like Spidey.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'd love to see Juri in this game, too, Sardorim. Could have some spider-on-spider action between her and Spider-Man, either vs. or on the same team. However, C. Viper did appear in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Sakura was an assist character (I think) in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Cammy was in X-Men vs. Street Fighter, which is part of the MVC franchise, so it might be a tad inaccurate to say that Chun-Li is the only Street Fighter lady getting any love from Capcom in its crossovers with Marvel.

As for some people who question the necessity of Marvel teaming with Capcom for fighting games at all, there are those of us who like both Marvel characters and Capcom characters. Hell, the fun part of the previous Marvel vs. Capcom installments for me was teaming up my favorite superhero (Spider-Man) with my best friend's (and later my) favorite Darkstalkers character (Morrigan Aensland). So yes, I am definitely anticipating being able to do that again in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

^Sakura was actually playable in MVC2 as well as in MSHvsSF.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As for some people who question the necessity of Marvel teaming with Capcom for fighting games at all, there are those of us who like both Marvel characters and Capcom characters. Hell, the fun part of the previous Marvel vs. Capcom installments for me was teaming up my favorite superhero (Spider-Man) with my best friend's (and later my) favorite Darkstalkers character (Morrigan Aensland). So yes, I am definitely anticipating being able to do that again in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.
    In my case it's not so much that I dislike the concept of Marvel characters teaming up with Capcom characters. I like crossovers as much as anyone when I know enough about both parties. Its more the fact that its all we have to go on these days if we want a decent Marvel fighting game on consoles. We had Mortal Kombat/DC Universe as a game, but that didn't stop Netherealm from making two more games with just DC characters (minus the odd MK guest) with Injustice. So hopefully Capcom and Marvel if they continue such a partnership will strongly consider doing a Marvel only fighting game in the near future.