Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    That comeback overflows me with hype!!!
    the return of dick win.

BANNED

If only xmen characters were in the initial roster, the sales would have been significantly better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was a question
    There was a question in the post that reply was to?

I already answered your last question. I then asked you questions, none of which you had any real answer for. Why of anything of this game am I being overly negative about? Is there some bit you find unjustly negative? Should we just act like everything was done right with the game? Should we all just be telling each other how cool we think such and such characters is they want in the game, even if we would rather not see them (at least at this point)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    If only xmen characters were in the initial roster, the sales would have been significantly better.
    Probably. Although it'd have to be called X-Men vs Capcom. You called it Marvel vs Capcom X or whatever, and you only have half the Marvel Universe, people will be like: Where the fuck are the other Marvel characters?

They probably should have called this The Avengers vs Capcom or something. Something that lets people know right out of the gate what they aren't getting. If Marvel wanted to use this $60 game as an advertisement for the movies they probably should have also worked something out with Capcom to make it free-to-play. You make it free, do whatever the fuck you want, put and don't put whoever you want. After all, it's free. But this shit of paying $60 for a commercial, no. They want me to play money for an advertisement you better make that advertisement not feel so nakedly like what it is. There was this Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious that came out before one of the movies, it was an ad for the movie, and they had the right idea for their advertisement...it was free.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I don't know how you define, "fan favorite" because clearly it has nothing to do with people liking the character enough to actually use him.
    That means the fanbase back then liked Shuma because it was unlike anything else in the Capcom fighters at the time and was one of the most memorable characters of the series to the point you can't separate the character from the franchise anymore. Also people Shuma all the time in MSH and MvsSF, dunno about MvC2 and 3 because I don't care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    It's not '90s nostalgia. The '90s just happen to be the last time comic books actually matter, so of course people that aren't into comic anymore are going to want something like the X-Men character...the X-Men being bigger than everyone else during that time period.

Songbird doesn't. She's also pretty stupid looking, and I can see a screaming Green Lantern being a very annoying character in a video game. It also seems funny you'd talk about '90s nostalgia and Songbird in the same sentence. Songbird hasn't matter since the '90s, she's a '90s character that was biggest during that first run of Thinderbolts in '97. She's still around, but then so are '90s X-Men characters. Even of X-Men that have never been in a VS (which doesn't cover all the Fox characters since Doom, Kang, and a number of others fall in there too) I'd say characters like Warlock, Shadow King, Legion, Goblin Queen, Mr. Sinister, Magik, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde & Lockheed, Mystique, Mojo, Chamber, Dazzler, Husk, and Forge have more interesting gameplay potential and are visually more interesting than a everyone you just listed there.
    It seems more like you don't read anything out of the X-ghetto and is fairly ignorant about the non Fox IPs. Thunderbolts was in their biggest phase in the mid-00's during the Civil War/Initiative/Dark Reign eras. Seriously, Mojo? Shadow King?

I'd say everything you could do with Songbird could be done with Dazzler, and then some. On top of that Dazzler is a better looking character, the visualization of her powers has always been better, you could play with music during her attacks along the lines of Big Band from Skullgirls, and people actually know who she is.
    Songbird and Dazzler have nothing in common outside of using sound as the source of power, the construct making ability is Songbird primary power and it alone can fill a movelist; if it isn't enough, she has pro-wrestling training and you can incorporate several striking and grappling techniques. Failing that she can still use the Screaming Mimi powers to stun/hipnotize people. Songbird is far better looking than Dazzler, Dazzler is so outdated that it turned even into a meme.

Loki I'd just replace with Hela, she's a far more interesting looking character, and gameplay wise she'd probably be vastly more interesting. He'd probably be something like a less flashy Krillin in Dragonball FighterZ, where he's got illusion moves along the lines of Krillin's afterimage moves. After that he's probably have a green beam attack, flight, and a teleportation move. Maybe he'd be able to call other versions of himself in like Ultron, but then why do that when they've already given it to Ultron?
    I can see him playing more like Chizuru than Kuririn, add frost and portal magic to his movelist too.

I didn't say that. But they sure do seem to want total different things, and the things they want would have both sides bitching. Fans of the MvC want character that would have comic fans bitching about '90s nostalgia, and how someone like Gambit or something doesn't matter in comic books today...which the video game people could give a shit about. Comic book fan want dumb shit like Songbird for some reason, and the modern versions of classic characters that are running around the comics today.

I will say what both groups generally want can be pretty boring, although they're boring for different reasons. What comic book fans want is boring because they never seem to reach down into their comic book knowledge to pull out anything interesting. You'd think they would, but overall they don't.
    There is space for both 90's characters and modern versions in a balanced roster. Filling it with just bottom of the barrel X-characters like you mentioned would be far worse.
    Songbird is also well requested by games fans since she had a very good debut as a playable character in MUA2.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    It seems more like you don't read anything out of the X-ghetto and is fairly ignorant about the non Fox IPs. Thunderbolts was in their biggest phase in the mid-00's during the Civil War/Initiative/Dark Reign eras. Seriously, Mojo? Shadow King?
    No, Thunderbolts was biggest when they started and comics sold way more. Mid-00s comics didn't have the eyes on them that original Thunderbolts had. That was also like Marvel's big new book coming out of the whole Onslaught event. It was a comic Wizard couldn't shut up about. Do you really think more people were reading mid 2000s Civil War / Initiative / Dark Reign Thunderbolts and were reading late '90s Onslaught / Heroes Reborn / Heroes Return Thunderbolts with the big twist that they were all actually super villains?

Shadow King was just a major character in tv show...a critically acclaimed tv show at that. Could easily be a character that plays like they're from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. He'd also be a very striking looking character; Amahl Farouk with Shadow King like it's a Stand, it'd be fucking great. Hell, they'd probably have JoJo and Persona fans exited with that. And someone in a VS game that plays like they're from Capcom's JoJo game would be something that isn't and hasn't every been covered in these VS games.

Mojo would also be great. Big giant weird looking fighting game character with strange little attack animations and that robot scorpion tail. He's super strong, has some weird powers, and the thing about him being on Earth too long causing storms. Could also work him being powered by the popularity of his show into his moveset and damage output.

Don't really get the "seriously" either. These are characters that are bigger than Songbird. They were in comics when comics were bigger, they've been in X-Men cartoons, they've been in videos games as bosses, as previously mentioned one was just in a tv show this year. They're also vastly more interesting visually than someone like Songbird, they're pretty different visually from what's already in the game, and they've both got the potential to do some pretty cool stuff with gameplay wise.

I'm not going to pretend I'm the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Marvel, but I know quite a bit of it beyond the X-Men. I know enough about Marvel to know even without any characters that can't make it in because Marvels being cunty about Fox, Songbird is still a pretty shitty choice. Songbird isn't the character you put in when the roster is this small, she's like the character you put in there's over 100 or something.

Songbird and Dazzler have nothing in common outside of using sound as the source of power, the construct making ability is Songbird primary power and it alone can fill a movelist; if it isn't enough, she has pro-wrestling training and you can incorporate several striking and grappling techniques. Failing that she can still use the Screaming Mimi powers to stun/hipnotize people. Songbird is far better looking than Dazzler, Dazzler is so outdated that it turned even into a meme.
    Dazzler can make hard constructs too.

If they do a Marvel wrestler character, give me Hercules. Or D-Man. But Hercules before D-Man.

Songbird looks like some '90s reject, like something some kid in the '90s would come up with while trying to make up their own original character. Dazzler is also a way better design, and the manifestation of her powers is way more interesting visually. And if they so choose, there's some fun stuff that could be done with her sound / music wise when it comes to her attacks.

I can see him playing more like Chizuru than Kuririn, add frost and portal magic to his movelist too.
    Same thing, just trying to use the more relevant of the two at the moment. DBFZ Krillin afterimage moves seem to work like Chizuru in KoF, only he's flipping' all over the place.

There is space for both 90's characters and modern versions in a balanced roster. Filling it with just bottom of the barrel X-characters like you mentioned would be far worse.
    Songbird is also well requested by games fans since she had a very good debut as a playable character in MUA2.
    I didn't say there wasn't. In fact, whenI said who I'd like to see as DLC

The funny thing about "bottom of the barrel" X-Men characters is they're more well known than big new modern characters. Because people actually read comics back in the '90s, and comics are basically dead now.

Songbird was "well requested" because people that don't know nothing about comics saw they don't know in a character in a game a couple years before. They're doing something like trying to fill out a list of five Marvel characters and that's one that randomly popped into their head. Now it'd probably be different, what with their being a number of Marvel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    No, Thunderbolts was biggest when they started and comics sold way more. Mid-00s comics didn't have the eyes on them that original Thunderbolts had. That was also like Marvel's big new book coming out of the whole Onslaught event. It was a comic Wizard couldn't shut up about. Do you really think more people were reading mid 2000s Civil War / Initiative / Dark Reign Thunderbolts and were reading late '90s Onslaught / Heroes Reborn / Heroes Return Thunderbolts with the big twist that they were all actually super villains?
    You know that we have sales estimates going back to 1995?
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/1997-02.html - #1
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2007-01.html - #110, the starting point for "modern" Thunderbolts
    Not only #110 surpassed #1 by a bit, but the numbers actually increased in the following months even if the comic market shrunk from the 90's.

Shadow King was just a major character in tv show...a critically acclaimed tv show at that. Could easily be a character that plays like they're from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. He'd also be a very striking looking character; Amahl Farouk with Shadow King like it's a Stand, it'd be fucking great. Hell, they'd probably have JoJo and Persona fans exited with that. And someone in a VS game that plays like they're from Capcom's JoJo game would be something that isn't and hasn't every been covered in these VS games.
    They already considered adding a JJBA styled character in MvC3 with Cloak & Dagger, with the difference that C&D are cool, both have their own set of powers and Shadow King is an ugly fatass with a single gimmick.

Mojo would also be great. Big giant weird looking fighting game character with strange little attack animations and that robot scorpion tail. He's super strong, has some weird powers, and the thing about him being on Earth too long causing storms. Could also work him being powered by the popularity of his show into his moveset and damage output.
    Ever wondered why Motaro never returned as a centaur in MK? Mojo would fall in the same trap, no way current Capcom would retune all the returning animations to work with his body type.

Don't really get the "seriously" either. These are characters that are bigger than Songbird. They were in comics when comics were bigger, they've been in X-Men cartoons, they've been in videos games as bosses, as previously mentioned one was just in a tv show this year. They're also vastly more interesting visually than someone like Songbird, they're pretty different visually from what's already in the game, and they've both got the potential to do some pretty cool stuff with gameplay wise.
    Only for deluded X-Fans.

I'm not going to pretend I'm the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Marvel, but I know quite a bit of it beyond the X-Men. I know enough about Marvel to know even without any characters that can't make it in because Marvels being cunty about Fox, Songbird is still a pretty shitty choice. Songbird isn't the character you put in when the roster is this small, she's like the character you put in there's over 100 or something.

Dazzler can make hard constructs too.

If they do a Marvel wrestler character, give me Hercules. Or D-Man. But Hercules before D-Man.

Songbird looks like some '90s reject, like something some kid in the '90s would come up with while trying to make up their own original character. Dazzler is also a way better design, and the manifestation of her powers is way more interesting visually. And if they so choose, there's some fun stuff that could be done with her sound / music wise when it comes to her attacks.
    You told that Songbird wouldn't fit in a fighting game because she has "boring" powers and "everything she can do Dazzler can too" and I refuted it giving examples. What's next, drawing every frame of every normal/special/super animation to prove that she would be an interesting character?

If Songbird's design is so bad and Dazzler's is so good why Songbird kept a costume close to her debut uniform and Dazzler is repackaged every 3 years into a hip alt chick?

I didn't say there wasn't. In fact, whenI said who I'd like to see as DLC

The funny thing about "bottom of the barrel" X-Men characters is they're more well known than big new modern characters. Because people actually read comics back in the '90s, and comics are basically dead now.

Songbird was "well requested" because people that don't know nothing about comics saw they don't know in a character in a game a couple years before. They're doing something like trying to fill out a list of five Marvel characters and that's one that randomly popped into their head. Now it'd probably be different, what with their being a number of Marvel movies.
    The public remember Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto and other A-List mutants, they don't give a damn about random X-Men foes and Generation X members.

Yes, keep repeating that people requested and are still requesting Songbird because they don't know about comics and some day another person might believe it.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

BANNED

Aren't those numbers just comics shops? Because in 1997 their were more outlets to get comics in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    They already considered adding a JJBA styled character in MvC3 with Cloak & Dagger, with the difference that C&D are cool, both have their own set of powers and Shadow King is an ugly fatass with a single gimmick.
    Cloak & Dagger aren't really what I'd call cool, and they're less visually interesting than Shadow King. Shadow King would be more visually distinct, because as you said, he's a little ugly fat ass. He's an ugly fat ass that isn't in a costume. He's a little fat guy in a white suit with a cool looking monster thing they could make work like a Stand.

But yeah, they're one of the characters you could do a JoJo style character with. They're probably the most likely ones they'd use and the least interesting ones to do it with.

Ever wondered why Motaro never returned as a centaur in MK? Mojo would fall in the same trap, no way current Capcom would retune all the returning animations to work with his body type.
    Mojo wouldn't even kind of fall into the same thing as Motaro. He wouldn't even be radical different than normal characters, he'd just have little robot legs at his fat base as opposed to two legs. He isn't built like a centaur, his big fat body is still in the same place as a normal person.

You know their was a JoJo "2D" fighting game with some 3D movement like the MK:A game you're talking about not long ago that had characters on horses?

Only for deluded X-Fans.
    Only some deluded Songbird fanboy would think such a thing. Those characters were on shows people actually watched, and were in bigger video games. They're bigger characters than Songbird.

You told that Songbird wouldn't fit in a fighting game because she has "boring" powers and "everything she can do Dazzler can too" and I refuted it giving examples. What's next, drawing every frame of every normal/special/super animation to prove that she would be an interesting character?
    I didn't say she wouldn't fit, I said she's shit. I said she's shit, and anything you could do with her could be done with the better known, visually more interesting characters that is Dazzler.

If Songbird's design is so bad and Dazzler's is so good why Songbird kept a costume close to her debut uniform and Dazzler is repackaged every 3 years into a hip alt chick?
    Because nobody working on Songbird gives enough of a shit? Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, Thor, Spider-Man, and many many Marvel characters with far better looks that Songbird get new costumes a lot too. Doesn't mean Songbird has a better costume than Spider-Man because someone changed his and nobody is really fucking with her's much. There are probably comic book creators that want to be the ones to give Dazzler a new modern music look, there probably aren't many creators that give much of a shit about Songbird. Maybe there someone that really wants to put their stamp on Songbird, but I doubt it's as many as with Dazzler.

The public remember Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto and other A-List mutants, they don't give a damn about random X-Men foes and Generation X members.
    Shadow King and Mojo aren't random X-Men foes. One of them was just the season long villain in a tv show this year. And it was a show people actually liked. It was also a show that was made with Marvel.

Yes, keep repeating that people requested and are still requesting Songbird because they don't know about comics and some day another person might believe it.
    Yeah, ok guy that also said non-comic book fans were pulling Songbird randomly out of a hat because they saw her in another video game two years before. Why are you so pissy about me saying the same thing you said? People on video game forums didn't want Songbird because they liked her and want to see her, they threw her on a list because the DLC thread probably said something like "pick 5 or 10 Marvel characters you want as DLC" and she was someone they knew from a game that was only two years old when MVC3 came out. We're a few years from UMA2 and MVC3 DLC wishlist threads now, and a number of different Marvel stuff has come out now. Those people probably want characters they've seen from the movies now mixed with X-Men characters from the series that aren't there, and Carnage. A few probably also want Spawn, and have to be told he isn't a Marvel character.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Agreed. The roster choices as such are lackluster. Even if they kept those from previous games, I think more people would be inclined to pick this up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. The roster choices as such are lackluster. Even if they kept those from previous games, I think more people would be inclined to pick this up
    The character threads at shoryuken doesnt have a lot of activity except for Mega Man X

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

What worries me is that when the X-Men are finally added it'll just be Wolverine and Deadpool, maybe Storm and Magneto. I feel like they have a chance to add some more interesting X-Men too like Nightcrawler or Psylocke.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    What worries me is that when the X-Men are finally added it'll just be Wolverine and Deadpool, maybe Storm and Magneto. I feel like they have a chance to add some more interesting X-Men too like Nightcrawler or Psylocke.

I'd be interested in them adding Iceman as well. With his powers he could do a lot of interesting things. And MVC2 really didn't use him to his full potential. He only had 2 or 3 specials and just one hyper. Granted he was a copy/paste from COTA, but there were several other characters that were copy/pasted from either COTA or MSH, but they still got new hypers for MVC2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It's called infinite so there'll be a lot of characters added as dlc. I think the start of poor sales may make them think otherwise.