Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Turlast View Post
    Black Panther and Sigma trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-UDsTwGDY

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsli...apcom-infinite

Characters are $8 a piece. That's pretty ridiculous. I know it includes their premium, but that doesn't change much for me.
    Thanks. Im going to check it later

BANNED

Looks like BP has X23's moves. His hypers arent awesome. Sigma doesnt look scary at all and looks uninteresting

BANNED

Black Panther and Sigma trailer:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsli...apcom-infinite

Characters are $8 a piece. That's pretty ridiculous. I know it includes their premium, but that doesn't change much for me.
    $7.99 is a bit more than I thought they'd be charging. Guess they're telling people they better buy that Season Pass. Guess that's because Marvel and Capcom Japan get their cut, but in a game where you can't unlock these characters for free like SFV, and a market were this type of thing usally cost less, throw this on the pile of stupid shit being done with this game that's going to turn people off.

Doesn't seem to be any price to buy them in pairs either. Looks like you either buy them separately, or get the Season Pass. And if you're thinking about getting at least four of these characters then the Season Pass is just the smarter way to go.

BANNED

Not defending the price but it includes the premium costumes for the characters as well. BP has gold armor and Sigma's X5 look. MH has Kirin Armor.

Should of given the option of buying the costume and character separately.

BANNED

This game really really should have been free-to-play. These prices and the shit roster of the base game wouldn't be a problem if the price of admission was nothing. They'd likely sell more shit too. Just saw the other day that DoA5 Last Round Core Fighters (the F2P version of the game) has been downloaded 10 million times. That's a lot of people giving a game a try that may potentially put money into it, far more than this game is ever going to have why you have to buy the game. Think that F2P version is just 2 years old too. That's a lot of people giving that DoA game a try in 2 years, imagine a F2P game with Marvel characters could do better than that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Not defending the price but it includes the premium costumes for the characters as well. BP has gold armor and Sigma's X5 look. MH has Kirin Armor.

Should of given the option of buying the costume and character separately.
    For $7.99 these DLC characters should be coming with like three alt costumes. Coming with one alt isn't any kind of deal. Hell, not counting color variants, everyone should have something like at least five alts that don't cost any real money; just stuff that's in the game that you unlock by playing it.

Yeah, I really don't care about alts in this game. They said the whole cast will have them, which means, outside of a bundle deal, would come up to about $120 altogether.

With MVC3, at least 4 characters got an alt in a pack that was about $5. The main issue was that there weren't different colors.

This time around, MVCI has various colors, but it's $4 per costume. Ugh. Capcom.

Turns out the DLC was just fighters that was in the game but cut and made DLC! (also it was made cheap!)

The game is a dud in japan it looks like as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Turns out the DLC was just fighters that was in the game but cut and made DLC! (also it was made cheap!)

The game is a dud in japan it looks like as well.
    What I don't get about Capcom's cost cutting meaaures is why they didn't do it more. They pointless changed the whole games engine over to Unreal Engine 4 from their in-house engine MT Framework which they're clearly still using because it what they're using for Monster Hunter World. They could have easily just pulled whole assets from UMVC3, not just the character animation rigs, but models too. The models for UMVC3 would even look better for the more realistic textures Infinite has as those characters are proportioned more like people as opposed to the bulky preschooler action figure aesthetic some of the models seem to be going for.

Capcom could have spent their time making new characters, while just retexturing all the old ones and giving them a few new moves. But no, they wasted time doing pointless shit, making new models people like less than the previous one. Funnily enough they wouldn't have even had the weird faces problem they did have if they just ripped models from UMvC3, as those games have better looking models.

I'm also not exactly sure why they went the way they did with some characters. Take Dormammu for example. Now Dormammu seems to be his MVC3 model. But they have two models for him in UMvC3, and his alt costume, which is his original look, is more in line with the version seen in the Dr. Strange movie. And retexturing that old alt costumes too look more like the movie version wouldn't be hard at all. Same thing with the Bionic Commando, not they don't have a model that looks like the original one, but they do have one that looks like the ReArmed version that people like more than remake Rad...so why not just go with that? Or since you're making a whole new head anyways, why not just give him his original look?

What would they have to lose beside nothing at all, while also making people not wonder why the hell Rad Spencer was there? It wouldn't even be different from what they already did with Spencer...besides the base body being his UMvC3 alt look, and the new head they made looking more his original '80s. Same amount of work, gives people a totally different looking version of the character, one they haven't even seen in 3D before. Might even be less work because you don't have to deal with the dreads.

This is exactly why the game flopped. Capcom doesn't deserve their fans when they're pulling crap like this.

The Demo was soo bad i still cant bring myslef to pay 60 bucks for this game. Ive been playing Destiny 2 and think ima stick with it till the Shadow of War LOTR game and then Assasins Creed origins(Which imo looks amazing im happy they skipped the yearly release.)

BANNED

Yeah, I really don't care about alts in this game. They said the whole cast will have them, which means, outside of a bundle deal, would come up to about $120 altogether.

With MVC3, at least 4 characters got an alt in a pack that was about $5. The main issue was that there weren't different colors.

This time around, MVCI has various colors, but it's $4 per costume. Ugh. Capcom.
    What I don't get about Capcom and alts is they don't package any into the base game. They treat that aspect of their fighting games like they aren't aware of what other fighting games with 3D models have been doing since like '99.

They want people to buy a bunch of extra alts? Ok, whatever. But they should at least have some their right out of the box. Give people something stuff to unlock through playing the game, create a nice little gameplay loop...people like these things. It makes it feel like the game has more value, and it gives players something to get by playing the game. You keep people playing longer, they might buy some of that DLC when it rolls around. Your game doesn't look totally barebones, people might actually buy it to begin with.

Funny thing with MT Framework Capcom designed this who crazy costume system for Dragon's Dogma that lets them slap any outfit on any character no matter the models size and still have it look like it was made for them. Capcom could have used that to let players customize characters like you can in Dragon's Dogma, but also like fighting games like Injustice 2, and the last few Tekkens and Virtua Fighters as well. Could have even used that system to make costumes that multiple characters could wear, like if they wanted to give everyone something like a SHIELD uniform, or if they wanted to let you be able to make the martial arts characters look like Iron Fist.

I'd like to know who's making the decisions on this game. It's like they don't give a crap about this game's future at all. It's sad.

BANNED

I'd like to know who's making the decisions on this game. It's like they don't give a crap about this game's future at all. It's sad.
    Marvel and Capcom USA it seems, with development happening in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Turns out the DLC was just fighters that was in the game but cut and made DLC!
    That should surprise no one. Less than a month from the game's release they have 3 DLC characters up and ready to go.

With all the heat Capcom been taking for the roster, twisting the knife for new characters for that much money, this soon after the game's release is just...I don't know. It's like whoever's making these decisions is in a box somewhere and completely unaware of the reception this game's been getting over the past few months.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 10-04-2017 at 05:27 PM.