Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    There are hundreds of thousands of Xmen fans and with the intro of the three, they will buy the game and there will be more spectators, more activity online and more fun playing the game.
    And my point still stands. Look at the reaction to this game roaster being mostly reused parts from the last one. You think the reaction won't be worse when they start asking people to pay extra on top of the game for characters that should have already been there? I mean, people want those UMVC3 X-Men characters, but having people pay for those in particular would be a stupid move. They do X-Men DLC that cost money and it should probably be ones that weren't in UMVC3 3 yet, like:

Gambit
    Legion
    Psylocke
    Nightcrawler
    Magik
    Cyclops
    Mr. Sinister
    Mystique
    Apocalypse
    Lady Deathstrike

They put those UMVC3 X-Men in, even though they should have always been there, they might actually get them some good will. Maybe some people might even buy the game that wouldn't have. But they charge for Deadpool and Wolverine and whatnot, they're only going to catch more ****. And they really aren't in a place where they want more ****, they're already drowning in it.

I’d bet money if Xmen are added we will see characters from the last game. I really don’t think Capcom cares about the haters. If those characters don’t get added, people will complain anyway so it’s a lose lose situation either way

Yeah, charging extra for rehashed characters from the last game is not going to have people running out and buying the game in droves. They'd have to be put in as some kind of bonus or FreeLC or it'd just blow up in their faces. Twisting the screws even harder than they are now is not going to do Capcom any favors.

Hell, Akuma is one of the most popular fighting game characters there is, but throwing him into SFV almost a year later didn't make people run out and buy the game. It just doesn't work like that.

BANNED

It's not really rehashed because there may be added movesets and definitely some movesets are changed too.

Also, Wolverine and Magneto are one of the most used characters in umvc3.

The audience also shout xmen when Justin Wong haveStorm and Wolverine do the hypercombo together.

And we also hear Beyonce when Storm is used.

Definitely new and added lines as well as some new costumes

Also, that will make gamers, especially xmen fans think, the xmen are not forgotten and there eill be more of them to be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Yeah, charging extra for rehashed characters from the last game is not going to have people running out and buying the game in droves. They'd have to be put in as some kind of bonus or FreeLC or it'd just blow up in their faces. Twisting the screws even harder than they are now is not going to do Capcom any favors.

Hell, Akuma is one of the most popular fighting game characters there is, but throwing him into SFV almost a year later didn't make people run out and buy the game. It just doesn't work like that.
    a good number of SFV DLC are old characters. Capcom doesn’t care

BANNED

I dont want new characters forthe second batch of dlcs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    a good number of SFV DLC are old characters. Capcom doesn’t care
    I'm not sure any DLC character for SFV is just reworked SF4 stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post

Yeah, there are no positives to charging extra for the UMVC3 characters that aren't here because Capcom was too lazy to bring them over with the rest. It'll just restart the whole cycle of **** this game has been in. Worse is it could put them in ever a worse place then before. On the other hand, if they give them away for free, at least it'd be a sign that they hear the audiences complaints and are trying to do something to appease them. And this would take very little work on Capcom's part to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    It's not really rehashed because there may be added movesets and definitely some movesets are changed too.

Also, Wolverine and Magneto are one of the most used characters in umvc3.

The audience also shout xmen when Justin Wong haveStorm and Wolverine do the hypercombo together.

And we also hear Beyonce when Storm is used.

Definitely new and added lines as well as some new costumes

Also, that will make gamers, especially xmen fans think, the xmen are not forgotten and there eill be more of them to be playable.
    It's still rehashed. Giving them a new move or something wouldn't change that they'd just be taking a whole bunch of already finished work and bring it over here. The only way it wouldn't be rehashed is given they basically made them into different characters.

It doesn't fuckinf matter how used Wolverine and Magneto are. It's still a bad move to charge people extra to get them. The characters were more or less already finished BEFORE this game entered development. Before any work started on this game, before it was even an idea, Capcom already had almost all their work done with those two characters because they already made them for the last game. They aren't characters you charge extra for, those are characters that are either in the game on release, or they're part of some free update. The only way you do change extra is if they've been changed to the degree that they're basically whole new characters when it comes to these fighting games.

Gamers and X-Men fans already know they aren't forgotten...that's why everyone made fun of and talked about how stupid it was when it was said modern fans probably don't even know the X-Men. Although I didn't say anything about how they shouldn't add any X-Men, so I'm not sure what your point is. I said if they add the X-Men from UMVC3 they should be free. This isn't me saying they shouldn't add them, it's me saying they shouldn't charge extra for those specific characters...and really, they should be bring over everyone that's left from UMVC3 for free. What I also said is if they do charge extra for X-Men characters, those characters should be ones that weren't in the 3D game, one they actually have to make from scratch.

I'm still skeptical about this game getting DLC beyond 2017.

Really hope I'm wrong because I feel like this game is too fun to just be ditched so quickly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Turlast View Post

Really hope I'm wrong because I feel like this game is too fun to just be ditched so quickly.
    By the looks of it, i can say umvc3 is more fun than mvci. It's 3vs3 , it's triple the fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Turlast View Post

Well, the end of 2017 isn't that far off, and it sounded like they already had more DLC planned from those leaks that came months before E3.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I wasn't a fan of the roster or anything when the game was released, so I never got the game. I received it yesterday as a birthday gift though, and after putting a few hours into it, I really do enjoy it so far. I'm even kind of fond of the overly cartoonish character designs. My only gripe is still the roster size. The lack of X-Men is glaring but I could still overlook that if there were more characters. Specifically, I would be very glad if the female character selection wasn't so limited. I'd love to see them add Trish, Jill Valentine, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Medusa, or a number of other good candidates for this game. Maybe we'll see another wave or two of DLC.

BANNED

The problem with the overalls cartoonish character design is it's not really cartoonish. The models are, but then they textured them in this weird in-between of being cartoony and realistic. It's kind of like, just pick one would you. Be this big bulky cartoony thing and texture everyone cartoony, or retexture everyone like you are or more realistically and have it look like DMC4 and RE6. The concept art looks like a one point it was going to be more cartoony looking overall, but for whatever reason that isn't how they went. Also some aspects of some of the models are ugly as fucking sin.

Playing with the shaders does seem to make it look somewhat better.

More of that on that persons channel.

That there actually seems to be a good game under all the mess that's everything surrounding the games shitty roster, the terrible design choices in basically everything about how it looks, and the horrible Marvel handled story mode almost makes it worse. It's not just some piece of **** that's easily dismissed. It seems like it's actually a good game on a gameplay level that just happened to do everything else totally wrong. And when I say everything I mean everything, because on a development management level they could have saved time and money just keeping it all on the old in-house engine and reusing even more stuff than they already are. That Monster Hunter World looks so much better looking than this almost seems like a sad look into how much better this could have looked while also helping them save more time which could have been used added more totally new stuff into the game.

Assuming there's DLC beyond this yr, I'm wondering if there'll be more than 6 characters in 2018. That amount seems good for a 3 month stretch, but pretty low for an entire yr.

I feel like those choices will be the most important. A lot of people are already sour over the game, so they really gotta make it count going forward.

BANNED

I just want the next dlc batch to be X-men, especially Storm !