Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1070
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    It's dead on Steam at least. ~20 playing it at any given time.
    Is it true that mvc3/umvc3 have more players on steam than mvci?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Is it true that mvc3/umvc3 have more players on steam than mvci?
    Slightly more. As I'm writing this MvC:I had a peak of 38 people playing it in the past 24 hours, while UMvC3 has had a peak of 52.

BANNED

Slightly more. As I'm writing this MvC:I had a peak of 38 people playing it in the past 24 hours, while UMvC3 has had a peak of 52.
    Umvc3 is just better.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

FFS how many times do we need to go over the fact that Capcom DOES. NOT. HAVE. EXCLUSIVE. RIGHTS. TO. MARVEL. PROPERTIES.

It's not the 90's anymore. Nobody has to wait for Capcom to step out the picture to make a Marvel game. And if MvC:I proved anything, it's that nobody gives a damn about a Marvel all-stars game that doesn't have all of it's all-stars in it. If Marvel insists on using their games as a vehicle to push the movies, the next Marvel fighting game (if anyone bothers to make one) will have the same problems this one did. Nobody wants a game of C-listers.
    You're correct but I also think if done properly it wouldn't be essential to have X-Men and Fantastic Four in a solo fighting game. The Avengers these days do have enough recognition by casual audiences and enough characters so that if they dominated a full game without Capcom characters it might do a lot better. But equally a roster of an array of heroes and villains would be good too. What a solo Marvel fighting game needs outside a solid developer who respects the brand more and is hopefully given more leeway than Capcom likely were is a central theme or story to tool the roster with, like Secret Wars or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I would say Marvel shares just as much blame as Capcom for the "failure"
    Most of their side of the problem MVCI faced was out of their hands, Marvel was effectively held to gunpoint by Ike Perlmutter not to include any X-Men and FF characters in media outside comics. The graphic change could be argued more their fault of course, but I hoping Marvel learns from that and lets their next fighting game have a more comic style, Capcom produced or otherwise.

I don't think Marvel is going to change their perspective on the cinematic style.

The realistic style can be done properly (Injustice 2), but Marvel's idea of it is wrong. MVC is not supposed to look like Contest of Champions...which MVCI looks the most similar to. For all the crap Capcom gets, their games often look good. This game in particular looks terrible because of the aesthetic. It doesn't even look like a Capcom game.

The main things that stand out to me in MVCI's woes:

-Corporate meddling (Marvel)
    -Crappy budget (Capcom)

Marvel wanted things that defined the series to be changed. Capcom thought they could just throw this game together on the cheap and sell it to the masses based on name alone. Both were recipes for disaster. I doubt there'll ever be another MVC game again, but if there is, they need to actually put love into their game and ditch the cinematic crap. MVCI was soulless.
    Last edited by Turlast; 02-12-2018 at 11:52 AM.

So apparently there's a strong rumor going around that Capcom will be taking MVCI offline from all buyers on October 2018, presumably in a similar way to when Activision removed Deadpool on PS3. Take with a grain of salt of course.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/49384...2332328613093/

As much as I was against the TMNTs being in Injustice 2, since so many actual DC characters didn't make it in, I'm really loving them. Although it's way after the fact and very unlikely to happen it would've been kinda cool to see MVCI do something similar by incorporating some Star Wars characters.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    As much as I was against the TMNTs being in Injustice 2, since so many actual DC characters didn't make it in, I'm really loving them. Although it's way after the fact and very unlikely to happen it would've been kinda cool to see MVCI do something similar by incorporating some Star Wars characters.
    Star Wars? The game hasnt even properly implemented some of its more poplar mainstays

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Star Wars? The game hasnt even properly implemented some of its more poplar mainstays
    Yes the X-Men and Doom are missing and honestly they probably won't be returning to this game. It's passed time we all accepted that, perhaps they'll be in the next game but again being honest this is probably going to be the last MVC for at least a couple years. In the meantime thinking outside the box with game couldn't hurt it anymore than it already has.

I'll just say this: if Marvel doesn't want to give the developers freedom in making a game, perhaps they don't need a fighting game utilizing their IP.

I'm just so sour on MVCI.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Anyone who does a Marvel vs Star Wars or Marvel/Disney/Star Wars fighting game, I'll be there day one I'm sure. The guest characters in Injustice have been decent, though I would have had just one MK character and had Constantine instead or something.

And since I assume the Fox thing is going to be resolved the next Marvel fighting game, whether by Capcom or otherwise, is going to include X-Men characters in some form or another, hopefully a few of the Fantastic Four for once as well. I would kind of like Arc or Namco to have a crack at one, unless there's a western fighting game developer outside NR I don't know about who could do a decent job...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Anyone who does a Marvel vs Star Wars or Marvel/Disney/Star Wars fighting game, I'll be there day one I'm sure. The guest characters in Injustice have been decent, though I would have had just one MK character and had Constantine instead or something.

And since I assume the Fox thing is going to be resolved the next Marvel fighting game, whether by Capcom or otherwise, is going to include X-Men characters in some form or another, hopefully a few of the Fantastic Four for once as well. I would kind of like Arc or Namco to have a crack at one, unless there's a western fighting game developer outside NR I don't know about who could do a decent job...
    With Disney having both Marvel and Star Wars under its belt a truly great crossover game could be made, something in the vein of Super Smash Bros. or Kingdom Hearts but enough with my dreams. On I2 I feel that Raiden's spot could've easily gone to Black Lightning instead of him just being an alternate skin.

If Capcom were to put effort into the game, like with the latest Monster Hunter, I'd like to see them get another chance but if we were to look at alternatives ArcSys did a good job with DBFZ so far though I hear their DLC policies are crap.

BANNED

SFV started bad and incomplete too but they continued to make the graphics better, add more stages, more features more characters and now sfv is awesome, even better than any sfiv versions.

If only mvci would do the same.

If they decided to just go back to 3vs 3, then can add it as a feature, instead of making another mvc game. That way, fans eill have the option to choose 2vs2 with infinity stones or 3vs3 without infinity stones and gameplay is similar to umvc3.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    SFV started bad and incomplete too but they continued to make the graphics better, add more stages, more features more characters and now sfv is awesome, even better than any sfiv versions.

If only mvci would do the same.

If they decided to just go back to 3vs 3, then can add it as a feature, instead of making another mvc game. That way, fans eill have the option to choose 2vs2 with infinity stones or 3vs3 without infinity stones and gameplay is similar to umvc3.
    that would require so much work that they might as well just call it MvC4, and at that point, its a new game