Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Is the problem that Resurxxion just too safe?

Looking at the releases there's nothing suprising. For the most part it's books and lineups we've already had. (doesn't mean they will be bad books though!)

Would people be more assured that Resurxxion is trying to rebuild faith in X-Men readers if we got something a bit random like a Moonstar ongoing or Morlocks monthly with a well known creator. I mean we know Marvel is investing in the Inhumans because we have books like Moongirl and Devil D, Mosaic, Ms Marvel etc. These were/are all risks. There aren't any risks with Resurxxion. Even if Iceman and Jean Grey don't do well. They won't do awful either.

BANNED

Rebirth was super safe... But it worked

Gen X roster looks like Morlocks monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gen X roster looks like Morlocks monthly.
    What I mean is we got a book with the 05, 80s X-Men, Cable, "X-Force", School book all safe choices. The only left field choices are ongoing for Jean and Iceman and even then they aren't really risks. They will sell okay even if they get cancelled about 10-12 etc. Where is the suprise? Where is Marvel investing in a new character or a minor character and bulidng them up?

BANNED

blanchett :
    Where is the suprise? Where is Marvel investing in a new character or a minor character and bulidng them up?
    Avengers, Inhumans because they have all rights to them

they don't have all rgihts to x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    blanchett :

Avengers, Inhumans because they have all rights to them

they don't have all rgihts to x-men
    Em I do know that. Are you buying the "suprise" books in those lines? I know I'm not. I can't bring myself to put money into those lines when Marvel has created an us and them atmospheare.

BANNED

blanchett :
    Are you buying the "suprise" books in those lines? I know I'm not. I can't bring myself to put money into those lines when Marvel has created an us and them atmospheare.
    Yes. I have Uncanny Avengers and All New Wolverine for something new and Gold, Weapon X and Blue for classic

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    blanchett :

Yes. I have Uncanny Avengers and All New Wolverine for something new and Gold, Weapon X and Blue for classic
    I meant non X-Books.

BANNED

blanchett :
    i didn't expect surprise with ressurextion. I was ready for o5 and extraordinary. i thought that we still will have uncanny but weapon x is also good for me.

when i need surprise i am reading uncanny avengers or simply something other than x-men

resurexion stinks because it's pretty much the same trash that we've had for the past year, just re-branded. if you were looking for anything different or new, you won't find it here. the 05 are lame and need to leave. x-men gold is extraordinary with a couple of new characters. gen x looks atrocious, i do think weapon x looks like the best book, line up wise.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    resurexion stinks because it's pretty much the same trash that we've had for the past year, just re-branded. if you were looking for anything different or new, you won't find it here. the 05 are lame and need to leave. x-men gold is extraordinary with a couple of new characters. gen x looks atrocious, i do think weapon x looks like the best book, line up wise.
    This. It's the same thing. Just without Bunn's Uncanny X-Men.

Going on what the owner of my local comic book shop says ,safe is what sells. Look at the X-line over the last 8-10 years. It's been status quo change after status quo change and it has decimated the line. The best majority of people don't want the things they like to change. Especially when there was no need for the changes and it shows in the sales.

Look at what happened when DC tried be different with DCYOU it damn near ruined New 52. Rebirth is New 52 but with overall fixes to the line that long term wanted.

Marvel and DC's primary audience is the long term collecter. So the majority of the titles should be safe and cater to long term fans like me. That's not to say they shouldn't trying new things but every book they publish shouldn't be new.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Rebirth was super safe... But it worked
    This and lot of pression from retailers/fans to get a more conservative marvel. ok that iceman and jean grey aren't so safe.

I never saw so much whining like what is happening with Marvel now, not even new 52. Seems like diversity push bottoms for a lot of people.

best thing Marvel should do is abandon the direct market. it would be glorious

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Going on what the owner of my local comic book shop says ,safe is what sells. Look at the X-line over the last 8-10 years. It's been status quo change after status quo change and it has decimated the line. The best majority of people don't want the things they like to change. Especially when there was no need for the changes and it shows in the sales.

Look at what happened when DC tried be different with DCYOU it damn near ruined New 52. Rebirth is New 52 but with overall fixes to the line that long term wanted.

Marvel and DC's primary audience is the long term collecter. So the majority of the titles should be safe and cater to long term fans like me. That's not to say they shouldn't trying new things but every book they publish shouldn't be new.
    DCyou didn't ruined new 52, it is fallacy. It just didn't helped what already was ruined years ago. nobody expect c listers to have batman level sales

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    You're complaining about both things looking the same as they have for the past year (X-Men Blue and Gold) and complaining about a series that is completely different than what we got the past year (Generation X). That's the problem with these broad vague statements. People who don't like the announced lineups of ResurrXion aren't complaining about it being too safe, they're complaining about specific things related to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    You're complaining about both things looking the same as they have for the past year (X-Men Blue and Gold) and complaining about a series that is completely different than what we got the past year (Generation X). That's the problem with these broad vague statements. People who don't like the announced lineups of ResurrXion aren't complaining about it being too safe, they're complaining about specific things related to them.
    yep, the lineups are bad too. different is good, but not in all cases. how many people plan to read gen x? i give it 6 issues. eye boy? really? on top of that, what is ressurexion actually resurrecting? it looks like nothing. bad titles? the 05 stink. i don't want a watered down, Freeform version of the x-men, i want adult cyclops, i want his interactions with old man logan, i want classic villains, i don't want hero V hero anymore. if they want to make things good, give the people characters they want to read about and stories that are decent.