Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    The rock took awhile to get his acting skills together
    Very true but bautista has been acting for awhile now, and like i said before i like him but hes never gonna be thee star. He doesnt have the charisma thr rock has. Chaisma will take you a long way, the rock and Will smith are two of the biggest actors of the last 15years and both are all charisma for the most part.

So groot is dressed like a mini star lord right?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Very true but bautista has been acting for awhile now, and like i said before i like him but hes never gonna be thee star. He doesnt have the charisma thr rock has. Chaisma will take you a long way, the rock and Will smith are two of the biggest actors of the last 15years and both are all charisma for the most part.

So groot is dressed like a mini star lord right?
    Dwayne Johnson basically poops out charisma, because he's got too much of it. The man is one of the best thing Hollywood has going for it.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Ultimate Member

Bautista is doing just fine, especially given that he got into acting so late. Looking around, he was a highlight of this trailer (alongside Baby Groot) and most people found him hilarious. Also he's got a role in the Blade Runner sequel, the Kickboxer remake, and several other projects.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was hoping we would finally see Mantis and I was not disappointed .

Looks like they might really be developing a Quill/Gamora romance...

I can't believe I'm saying this but a part of me doesn't want Groot to grow up again .

Oh Drax .
    I was just thinking that same thing about baby Groot.

As for the romance, I hope it never comes to fruition but just serves as a tease for those who would ship Peter and Gomora.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh Drax .
    I love seeing former wrestlers do well like this in movies.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I thought Baustista's performance as Drax was one of the big pleasant surprises of the GotG movie. I was highly skeptical of how he was going to portray him, as it could easily have been cringe-worthy and over the top. But in the end, he managed to make it all work out; he even gave Drax a sense of subdued dignity. This is especially impressive considering how the movie version of Drax is basically an amalgam of his 'dumb' incarnation circa Infinity Watch and his 'badass antihero' incarnation from Annihilation onward-- which, on top of that, has been divorced from his comic book origin as Arthur Douglas. So kudos to both Bautista and James Gunn.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Mighty Member

Looks great! might be a sequel that surpasses the first and can't wait to see Tango and Cash reunited

Mighty Member

I was pleasantly surprised by his turn as Drax as well... but I think this is more a case where brilliant casting helps make up for an otherwise lackluster acting performance. it's kinda like Linda Carter: it's not because of his acting skill, but the way that he inhabits the character, that really sells it. he was profoundly forgettable in Spectre, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by his turn as Drax as well... but I think this is more a case where brilliant casting helps make up for an otherwise lackluster acting performance. it's kinda like Linda Carter: it's not because of his acting skill, but the way that he inhabits the character, that really sells it. he was profoundly forgettable in Spectre, though.
    Are you talking about the woman Lynda Carter, or is that something she said about Dave Bautista?

He was good in Spectre for what they had him doing. But the character didn't really do anything beside be big and hit stuff. His character in that movie was like Red Grant without the stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I was just thinking that same thing about baby Groot.

As for the romance, I hope it never comes to fruition but just serves as a tease for those who would ship Peter and Gomora.
    A tease for shippers? That's a reason to get it over with as soon as possible. But you can only tease that shit for some long before you have to do something with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Looks great! might be a sequel that surpasses the first and can't wait to see Tango and Cash reunited

Holy cow, I never even thought of that. Yet another reason to see it
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Godzilla View Post
    A tease for shippers? That's a reason to get it over with as soon as possible. But you can only tease that shit for some long before you have to do something with it.
    Tease it to the breaking point and then reveal gamora as gay. Yet another epic fail for star lord.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

The second trailer is hilarious and adorable! This is by far the Marvel film I am most looking forward to in 2017. A ridiculous Sci-fi Action/Comedy with great a great retro-soundtrack, sometimes you just need a feel good movie and the GOTG films look like they will continue this.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Godzilla View Post
    Are you talking about the woman Lynda Carter, or is that something she said about Dave Bautista?

He was good in Spectre for what they had him doing. But the character didn't really do anything beside be big and hit stuff. His character in that movie was like Red Grant without the stuff to do.
    Carter = Wonder Woman in spite of not being a great actor
    Bautista = Drax in spite of not being a great actor

they both do a good job of making the character come to life on screen in SPITE of their low level of acting skills.

Mighty Member

I'm just crossing my fingers for Adam Warlock to show up.