All-New Member

Default Where can i start with these titles?

So I want to read these certain dc rebirth titles... but I want to make sure it's either a fresh start, our if I should graphic novels of new 52 first. The titles I'm interested in are:

Suicide squad (my favorite, so far only read volumes 1-2 of new 52)
    Flash & Titans together.
    Cyborg
    Justice league (volume one of new 52 was awesome!)

So can I get away with just starting with the beginning of the rebirth stories for these titles? Or what should I know/read beforehand.

Any info would be super helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Parthamis View Post
    Flash & Titans together.
    Why those two together?
    I'm not reading either one myself, but the primary Flash since the start of the New52 is Barry. I'm not sure how much red-headed Wally is playing a part in the Flash title.
    (Somebody else will have to address if/how much those two titles coordinate with each other or not.)

I don't see why you couldn't start with the Rebirth issues for each series, they are generally pretty good at introducing the cast or giving a general idea of what you will see in the book. However they do reference past events that occurred in the new 52, but those would be easy to look up if you get confused.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

None of the Rebirth titles are a fresh start, per se - since they're continuing on from The New 52 - but they're all jumping on points. The only thing you really need to read before picking up any Rebirth titles is the DC Universe: Rebirth one-shot, and Superman: Lois and Clark mini-series if you're picking up any Superman books. Most Rebirth titles have their own Rebirth one-shot also, so make sure you read those before the #1's.

For reference though, read:

DC Universe: Rebirth #1
    Suicide Squad: Rebirth #1, Suicide Squad #1-
    Flash: Rebirth #1, Flash #1-
    Cyborg: Rebirth #1, Cyborg #1-
    Justice league: Rebirth #1, Justice League #1-
    Last edited by Batmaniac; 12-04-2016 at 11:35 AM.
    Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmaniac View Post
    None of the Rebirth titles are a fresh start, per se - since they're continuing on from The New 52 - but they're all jumping on points. The only thing you really need to read before picking up any Rebirth titles is the DC Universe: Rebirth one-shot, and Superman: Lois and Clark mini-series if you're picking up any Superman books. Most Rebirth titles have their own Rebirth one-shot also, so make sure you read those before the #1's.

Question for you.
    Will each of these 1 shot specials be included in their TPB #1's when they are released after the first of the year?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmaniac View Post

Good to know! So I can start from scratch pretty much.

Would you say the same for teen Titans, and batman beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Question for you.
    Will each of these 1 shot specials be included in their TPB #1's when they are released after the first of the year?
    Yes, they will.

Good to know! So I can start from scratch pretty much.

Would you say the same for teen Titans, and batman beyond?
    Yeah, the same applies to Teen Titans and Batman Beyond. Their Rebirth one-shot's, like the rest, will establish their status quo.

Is there a simple DC "Rebirth" release date list of all the new TPB's?

Seriously thinking of diving in and giving several a try. And if I dont like certain stories, I can always EBay them.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

Is there a simple DC "Rebirth" release date list of all the new TPB's?

Seriously thinking of diving in and giving several a try. And if I dont like certain stories, I can always EBay them.
    The ad DC has been running in the singles has the release schedule listed as this:

20161204_180747[1].jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    The ad DC has been running in the singles has the release schedule listed as this:

20161204_180747[1].jpg
    Skymason - thank you for the pic! That's exactly what I was wanting.
    Wow! 25 new books. If money wasn't an option, I would order and try out 20 of the 25 listed.
    At the end of January, I might try the 1st 7 and see how it goes.

Skymason - thank you for the pic! That's exactly what I was wanting.
    Wow! 25 new books. If money wasn't an option, I would order and try out 20 of the 25 listed.
    At the end of January, I might try the 1st 7 and see how it goes.
    In case people can't tell from that picture, those 25 graphic novels are scheduled for release January through May of 2017.

Astonishing Member

Flash & Titans together.
    The Titans Hunt mini-series from just before Rebirth might be of interest, although it's not strictly necessary. It's available as a graphic novel now.

Flash and Titans interact a little, so the best order to read it in is:

The Flash: Rebirth #1
    Titans: Rebirth #1

Titans #1-6* / The Flash #1-8

The Flash #9

*Titans #6 isn't out until December 28th, but Flash #9 takes place after it.