5 31.25%
  • No They did everything they could while they could

8 50.00%
  • NO!!! the mutates could have taken care of themselves

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    This was a great event. I only read this for the first tim a few years ago but I loved it. It brought a scattered X-Family together...We really need something like this to end Schisim ASAP!
    Absolutely agree but I think we are getting or have gotten to a point where the X-men of old are gone. With the characterizations, stories, fractures, bringing them together may not lead to a reconstitution of the family/team aspect.
    Personally I do not like many of the current style X-men when I used to LIVE for them years ago. Storm is a plague to me in current date but up until 2003 I would have bled for her(I took a 9 year break from religiously collecting), Wolverine I do not recognize, even Cyclops (as one of my favorites) is hard to like often. Granted, some of my ire toward characters come from rabid fans who will attack before actually reading but that seems to be more on these boards, and only by particular posters than an epidemic and I do bring on some of it myself (holds mirror up...still winks).
    I look more to the side titles for semi-old time type stories. For me personally I am semi-hoping for a reboot and turning back the click where the time up to Utopia does not have an impact but I also realize I am one voice in many and it may not be a popular opinion. With the amount of "grr" I have for some of my past favorites I may just need to go "fully adult" and leave my comics of my childhood in the past and stop collecting fully (at least the X titles)
    20140704_110655.jpg.the days of these types of event and character-driven stories seem unattainable in current times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Glad my memory of the story held up, yall! It's been a while since I've actually read the issues, now I want to read them over again!

Oh Claremont X-Men, I just can't quit you!

Attachment 5257
    Neither should you, that's the good stuff.

o

Yeah this was the X-men when they were at their most cohesive. My favorite scene being a Gambit fan was when Cable tried to break out then remarks at how seamlessly Gambit supports him even when they hadn't planned anything and Gambit in the middle of said battle kisses a female magistrate just because he's Gambit. Then Gambit takes a spike to the leg while saving Cable and later on when they are all tied up Cyclops tells Gambit it's time to make his move as Gambit is surprised that Cyke correctly surmised that Gambit had taken the spike intentionally so that he could use it as a lockpick.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

X-Tinction Agenda is still my favorite event after all this time. Great character work and lasting impact due to their own actions.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir