Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ultimate Member

Default Gold team, Blue team, Old team, New team

So, I had a whacky notion to make my own X-team, in the style of the Gold and Blue teams, but, with a theme!

Examples;

The Unbreakable X-Men (team theme, super-hard to hurt) - Piotr Rasputin/Colossus, Emma Frost, Joanna Cargill/Frenzy, Kitty Pryde, Pauli Provenzano/Omerta, Lilian Crawley/Diamond Lil (maybe Rockslide, as well?)

The Superior X-Men (rich and / or elitist X-Men) - Emma Frost, Julian Keller/Hellion, Monet St. Croix, Warren Worthington/Archangel, Betsy Braddock/Psylocke, Roberto DaCosta/Sunspot (I guess Sean or Theresa Cassidy should be rich, they own a castle!, and maybe David Haller, 'cause Xavier was sure rich...)

X-Men: Red Team Redemption (former villains) - Magnus/Erik Lensherr/Max Eisenhardt/whatever retconned name/ethnicity he is this generation/Magneto, Emma Frost, Victor Creed/Sabertooth, Telford Porter/Vanisher, Raven Darkholme/Mystique

X-Men: Team Indigo (gay X-men, 'cause why the hell not) - Jean-Paul Beaubier/Northstar, Bobby Drake/Iceman (adult version), Victor Borkowski/Anole, Xi'an Coy Manh/Karma, Roxanne Spaulding/Bling!, Jonas Graymalkin

X-Men: Unity Squad ('couples' of mutants and non-mutant allies) - Rogue (leading the team, after seeing how the Avengers Unity Squad didn't quite work out), Julio Esteban/Rictor, Shatterstar, Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler, Jimaine Szardos, Doug Ramsey/Cypher, Warlock (other possibilities, Corsair and Hepzibah, Beast and Agent Brand, Bishop and Deathbird, etc.)

X-Men: Silver Squad (team of mutants who *haven't* been X-Men) - Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch, Vance Astrovik/Justice, Madison Jeffries/Box, Tommy Shephard/Speed, Molly Hayes/Princess Powerful/Bruiser, Laynia Petrovna/Darkstar (plus one more from Vanguard, Ursa Major, Diamond Lil, Wild Child, Flashback, Windshear, Squirrel Girl, etc.)

Any other whacky possibilities out there? Teams united around a theme, like all magic-users, or all force field users, or all Native Americans, etc.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-03-2016 at 11:40 PM.

I just wanna say I hate this "Gay X-Men" idea. People keep bringing that up on the LGBT thread from time to time and I just roll eyes every time.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

A long time ago, I played -evily- with the notion of a Xuper-Duper Team sorta Jem & The Holograms: Dazzler, Jubilee, Skids, Rusty... >:-)

No X-Men: Diamonds and Pearls?! Come on, now!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    A long time ago, I played -evily- with the notion of a Xuper-Duper Team sorta Jem & The Holograms: Dazzler, Jubilee, Skids, Rusty... >:-)
    Ooh, now I want to see a mutant rock-band!

X-Men: Rock Band - Alison Blaire/Dazzler, Lila Cheney..., who else is tied to music? Jay Guthrie was a musician, but I hate him. Strong Guy worked for (and crushed on) both Alison and Lila, but he'd just be the bodyguard or something, unless he picked up some drumming skill. Theresa Cassidy hasn't shown any singing talent, specifically, but her sonic powers (and ability to hypnotize people with her vocals) could make her one heck of a singer (then again, with Ali and Lila, the group already has plenty of vocals, and needs more people who can play guitar or drums!).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I just wanna say I hate this "Gay X-Men" idea. People keep bringing that up on the LGBT thread from time to time and I just roll eyes every time.
    I kind of agree, actually, but comic books tend to have weird groupings like that, for weird reasons. War Machine's funeral had a gathering of Black Panther, Storm, Luke Cage, Misty Knight and Monica Rambeau, some of which had never worked with, or possibly even met Rhodes (or each other), because, apparently, all of the black people in the Marvel Universe are part of the same club, and no, his (white) best friend and (white) girlfriend aren't invited to this special meeting of people affected by Rhodey's death. At other times, there's not even a rationale for it, such as the Mighty Avengers, who sort of 'accidentally' formed a group of non-whites (and yet turned out to be a great book, regardless of the way it started).

I don't think such a team would work organically, long-term, since it's just a gimmick (and I prefer putting teams together based on compatible powers and / or conflicting personalities), but the relevant people getting together for some sort of support-group reasons (to help support the younger members, or 'NPC' members of the gay or gay mutant community, for instance) and getting crashed by mutant-hunting Sentinels or something could make for an excuse why this particular group of people would get together one time.

But that's all quasi-off-topic. Do you have any ideas for a 'theme X-team?'
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-04-2016 at 04:41 AM.

I kind of agree, actually, but comic books tend to have weird groupings like that, for weird reasons. War Machine's funeral had a gathering of Black Panther, Storm, Luke Cage, Misty Knight and Monica Rambeau, some of which had never worked with, or possibly even met Rhodes (or each other), because, apparently, all of the black people in the Marvel Universe are part of the same club,
    Man, that’s ALWAYS been the case!
    The first, early 80s CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS had all these characters most of which had never met, transported to one spot,, and the writer made sure to throw in a panel of Powerman, Falcon, and Black Panther all standing together. I don’t even think there was any dialogue!

I did the Rock Band in Space idea already AND the gays in NYC X-Men team too.

:-/
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-29-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So, I had a whacky notion to make my own X-team, in the style of the Gold and Blue teams, but, with a theme!

Examples;

The Unbreakable X-Men (team theme, super-hard to hurt) - Piotr Rasputin/Colossus, Emma Frost, Joanna Cargill/Frenzy, Kitty Pryde, Pauli Provenzano/Omerta, Lilian Crawley/Diamond Lil (maybe Rockslide, as well?)

The Superior X-Men (rich and / or elitist X-Men) - Emma Frost, Julian Keller/Hellion, Monet St. Croix, Warren Worthington/Archangel, Betsy Braddock/Psylocke, Roberto DaCosta/Sunspot (I guess Sean or Theresa Cassidy should be rich, they own a castle!, and maybe David Haller, 'cause Xavier was sure rich...)

X-Men: Red Team Redemption (former villains) - Magnus/Erik Lensherr/Max Eisenhardt/whatever retconned name/ethnicity he is this generation/Magneto, Emma Frost, Victor Creed/Sabertooth, Telford Porter/Vanisher, Raven Darkholme/Mystique

X-Men: Team Indigo (gay X-men, 'cause why the hell not) - Jean-Paul Beaubier/Northstar, Bobby Drake/Iceman (adult version), Victor Borkowski/Anole, Xi'an Coy Manh/Karma, Roxanne Spaulding/Bling!, Jonas Graymalkin

X-Men: Unity Squad ('couples' of mutants and non-mutant allies) - Rogue (leading the team, after seeing how the Avengers Unity Squad didn't quite work out), Julio Esteban/Rictor, Shatterstar, Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler, Jimaine Szardos, Doug Ramsey/Cypher, Warlock (other possibilities, Corsair and Hepzibah, Beast and Agent Brand, Bishop and Deathbird, etc.)

X-Men: Silver Squad (team of mutants who *haven't* been X-Men) - Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch, Vance Astrovik/Justice, Madison Jeffries/Box, Tommy Shephard/Speed, Molly Hayes/Princess Powerful/Bruiser, Laynia Petrovna/Darkstar (plus one more from Vanguard, Ursa Major, Diamond Lil, Wild Child, Flashback, Windshear, Squirrel Girl, etc.)

Any other whacky possibilities out there? Teams united around a theme, like all magic-users, or all force field users, or all Native Americans, etc.
    i like them all
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player