BANNED

Default Logan vs Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 Trailer

Now that we have teaser trailers for both

Logan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1BIid8Osg

One looks like an x-men movie that mirrors the heart of X-Men comics. its about the story telling, the characters, depth, the drama. no need for cool cgi or lame jokes to hide under.

one looks likes the best toy advertisement of the summer with a lot of silly jokes and one liners.

I wonder which one kids will be attracted too and which one adults will likely enjoy more in the end.

Guardians do not have freshness. It is the same attraction that first part.
    Logan shows is something that had never before seen in the movies about the X-Men. Very dark and very tough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Guardians do not have freshness. It is the same attraction that first part.
    Logan shows is something that had never before seen in the movies about the X-Men. Very dark and very tough.
    all I saw with gotg 2 is cool cgi effects, jokes, silly action scenes. perfect for kids and disney.

logan, all I see is X-Men going back to it basics like what we had in X2, X1, FC and DOFP.

Fox has learned from Apocalypse.

Logan for sure. I'm totally an MCU fan but GOTG just never appealed to me. Buut...
    "One looks like an x-men movie that mirrors the heart of X-Men comics"

Not really. That's not an X-Men movie. The actual X-Men movies, like Apocalypse, haven't really been mirroring the hart of the X-Men comics at all and most people know that. Logan is mirroring the heart of the Wolverine/Old Man Logan comics, because that's what it's supposed to be. Logan or Deadpool being great is NOT the same thing as the X-Men being great.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    I wonder which one kids will be attracted too and which one adults will likely enjoy more in the end.
    This fifty year old 'kid' is very much looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I'm sure that for every one of me, enjoying my second childhood, there's also a super-serious, jaded, world-wearied 14 year old 'adult' who will like Logan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    Now that we have teaser trailers for both

Logan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1BIid8Osg

One looks like an x-men movie that mirrors the heart of X-Men comics. its about the story telling, the characters, depth, the drama. no need for cool cgi or lame jokes to hide under.

one looks likes the best toy advertisement of the summer with a lot of silly jokes and one liners.

Will you blame the"liberal media" when GotG mops the floor with OML at the box office and in the reviews?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

As a 29 year old kid, my anticipation for GotG Vol. 2 is immense. Logan, not so much.

Not all movies have the same target audience

Just like not all comics appeal to the same audience.

But, anyway, the Starlord mom scenes had more heart and rmotion than anything the xmen movies have ever done by a country mile (and i like most of the x films )
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    This fifty year old 'kid' is very much looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I'm sure that for every one of me, enjoying my second childhood, there's also a super-serious, jaded, world-wearied 14 year old 'adult' who will like Logan.
    Well done, I'm friending you... THAT was awesome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ... the Starlord mom scenes had more heart and emotion than anything the xmen movies have ever done by a country mile...
    Agreed! Forget the MCU "formula", they figured out a LONG time ago, what matters most & keeps audiences/fans engaged... character, it's really just that simple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not all movies have the same target audience

Just like not all comics appeal to the same audience.

But, anyway, the Starlord mom scenes had more heart and rmotion than anything the xmen movies have ever done by a country mile (and i like most of the x films )

um not really.

the climax of dofp had more heart than anything in the mcu.

the opening of first class with shaw killing young magneto's mum and bullying magneto to use his power for his own entertainment has more heart than anything in the mcu. it is not silly jokes.

nightcralwer talking to storm in x2 on why he forgives people who are prejudice against him has more heart than the entire mcu.

the heart of x-men movies is the humanity. the heart of mcu movies are the jokes , the cgi and how much they can blow up a city

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I hate the way Logan looks. I wish X-Men could have a fun movie for once