Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Posse

Virgil Hawkins

Tye Longshadow

Asami Koizumi

Eddie Duardo

The Wonder Twins
    I'm all for a Rebirth-era international superteam that incorporates likenesses the Super Friends' “ethnic diversity” heroes; but I'd rather leave the ones you're mentioning in the YJ TV series, and incorporate likenesses with more pedigree when possible (e.g., Black Lightning; a slightly modified version of Super Chief with his powers tied to growth; and so on) into a larger team. Are you aware that the Global Guardians originated the Super Friends comic book back in the 80s? It would be apropos to make the guys members of a new version of the Global Guardians…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I'm all for a Rebirth-era international superteam that incorporates likenesses the Super Friends' “ethnic diversity” heroes; but I'd rather leave the ones you're mentioning in the YJ TV series, and incorporate likenesses with more pedigree when possible (e.g., Black Lightning; a slightly modified version of Super Chief with his powers tied to growth; and so on) into a larger team. Are you aware that the Global Guardians originated the Super Friends comic book back in the 80s? It would be apropos to make the guys members of a new version of the Global Guardians…
    Back before Flashpoint Samurai, Zan and Jayna was in the DC Comics Universe i see no reason Apache Chief, Black Vulcan and El Dorado couldn't be as well.

I wasn't aware of Samurai. I could see El Dorado and maybe Apache Chief (though I still think adjusting Super Chief to take his place would be a batter move); but there is nothing about Black Vulcan to distinguish him from Black Lightning.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Justice League Global:
    Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Nightwing
    Apache Chief
    Samurai
    El Dorado
    Rima
    The Wonder Twins

Premise:
    An updated take on the Super Friends. After a devastating international incident, Superman decides to re-focus the Justice League into more of a global peacekeeping force, aiding those in need across the world and taking a more proactive approach to maintaining peace and stability.

Clark drafts Dick into the League, believing his talent, experience, and optimism would be invaluable to the new initiative. Along the way, they recruit a number of talented individuals from around the world:

- The powerful and solemn Native American, Apache Chief
    - The Japanese ex-League of Assassins member/turned vigilante, Samurai
    - The African telepath and protector of wildlife, Rima
    - The South American archaeologist/turned powerful master of illusion, El Dorado
    - The shape shifting Alien exiles fighting crime across Europe, The Wonder Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Eh, I feel like the guys from YJ likely have reached a bigger audience than the guys you mentioned. Plus, DC's teen characters could use more diversity and it brings a teen team other than the Titans.

But I respect your choices nonetheless.

Global Guardians - A true team of international heroes coming together.
    01. Owl Woman (America)
    02. Godiva (Great Britain)
    03. August General In Iron (China)
    04. Impala (Africa)
    05. Red Star (Russia)
    06. Fleur De Lis (France)
    07. Ice (Norway)
    08. Rising Sun (Japan)
    09. Tasmanian Devil (Australia)
    10. Pampero (Argentina) [revised]
    11. Centrix (Canada) [revised]
    12. New character (India, magic based)

American Sentinels
    01. Captain Atom (Nathaniel Adam)
    02. Nightshade (Eve Eden)
    03. Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
    04. Amazing-Man (Will Everett III)
    05. Peacemaker (Christopher Smith)
    06. Judomaster (Sonia Sato)
    07. Son of Vulcan (Johnny Mann)
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Extraordinary Member

Young Justice, obviously, with Tim, Kon, Bart, Artemis, Cassie, and Cass. Tim founds the team after being released from Oz's cell, with a Rebirth spin in his origin. He's Red Robin, but after being Robin, and he's got the cowl, because I like the cowl. Bart and Kon were twisted by Harvest and Manhattan's shenanigans, so they get a do-over, though for this fans of that series, they may still have the memories of the New 52, just nit as their memories, if that makes sense. Cassie is actually the powerhouse of the team, since Kon's TTK powers and Kryptonian blood are somewhat inconsistent, though she's changed to be an enthusiastic Demi-goddess who idolizes superheroes. Artemis and and Cass have a slight competition and firm fried ship born from having somewhat similar backgrounds, and later the team adds Miss Martian and Damage.

Manhunter, LTD. Imagine a combination action drama and working sitcom. The Manhunters are simulataneously the world's best freelance and government-contracted extra-normal bounty hunters (tracking down both metas and other big name criminals), and also a somewhat goofy collection of different workers. Kate Spencer, former District Attorney with connections in the government and business world, is their leader. Mark Shaw, former defense attorney, has the connections in low places. Kirk DePaul is a badass South African tracker who acts as the no-nonsense muscle of the group, and Chase Lawler is a crazy Austrailian. A running subplot deals with finding DePaul's progenitor, Kirk Paul, who has a modified backstory.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Global Guardians - A true team of international heroes coming together.
    01. Owl Woman (America)
    02. Godiva (Great Britain)
    03. August General In Iron (China)
    04. Impala (Africa)
    05. Red Star (Russia)
    06. Fleur De Lis (France)
    07. Ice (Norway)
    08. Rising Sun (Japan)
    09. Tasmanian Devil (Australia)
    10. Pampero (Argentina) [revised]
    11. Centrix (Canada) [revised]
    12. New character (India, magic based)

American Sentinels
    01. Captain Atom (Nathaniel Adam)
    02. Nightshade (Eve Eden)
    03. Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
    04. Amazing-Man (Will Everett III)
    05. Peacemaker (Christopher Smith)
    06. Judomaster (Sonia Sato)
    07. Son of Vulcan (Johnny Mann)
    I like this Idea. GG really should have its own title and it would be cool to see the Sentinels get some love as well

Avalon Club

Cassie Sandsmark
    Anita Fite
    Traci 13
    Timothy Hunter
    Khalid Nassour
    Eddie Bloomberg
    Miiyabhen Marten

Incredible Member

Well, for starters, the JSA of course, but they're already confirmed to be coming back.

Young Justice is the one group I'd really like to see coming back. I think it could work with an approach similar to the animated series. In case DC made a YJ Rebirth, I'd like to see Peter David writing it, but he has an exclusivity contract with Marvel. Maybe they can get Greg Weisman?

Justice League International needs to return with its history intact, it's a big part of DC's legacy and doesn't work as well without the previous history there.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Manhunter, LTD. Imagine a combination action drama and working sitcom. The Manhunters are simulataneously the world's best freelance and government-contracted extra-normal bounty hunters (tracking down both metas and other big name criminals), and also a somewhat goofy collection of different workers. Kate Spencer, former District Attorney with connections in the government and business world, is their leader. Mark Shaw, former defense attorney, has the connections in low places. Kirk DePaul is a badass South African tracker who acts as the no-nonsense muscle of the group, and Chase Lawler is a crazy Austrailian. A running subplot deals with finding DePaul's progenitor, Kirk Paul, who has a modified backstory.
    I like it! I've been hoping DC would bring back the Manhunter franchise in some form. It has a great history with some good characters that could still work today with a little "rebirthing."

Astonishing Member

1) Legion of Super Heroes
    2) Justice Society of America
    3) Freedom Fighters (the original version killed off in Infinite Crisis)
    4) L.E.G.I.O.N.

I just want an Outsiders team headed by Green Arrow with a bunch of other mostly "street level" heroes.
    Batman - Daredevil

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Justice League Dark is a real dumb name. They should have just gone with SHADOWPACT. Hell, just call it JUSTICE LEAGUE: SHADOWPACT if you have to.

I just want to see the LEGION come back. That whole world is ripe for the picking.

maybe justice league dark might be a good name for a team of african american superheroes.