Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Even if she wasn't - Xorna was the future version, not the earlier one, so her vanishing wouldn't change things anyways. Now if the younger Jeen had died in BotA, then probably the same effect as when Tyke died would have resulted.

Uh... Isn't that what I just said?

Send them home!

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    No No, Time travel...It just has to be close enough?

Havok replaces Cyclops
    Lorna replaces Marvel Girl

That Xavier needs to replace Beast, Iceman and Angel...who were 3 active mutants at the time that can fit their spots in history?
    Nightcrawler and Storm can cover all of their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Uh... Isn't that what I just said?
    You said alternate timeline - not future version. That second one is more important, because alternate timeline or not, Xorna being killed wasn't going to eliminate Jeen.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Send them home!
    But what would that DO?! CHAOS!

I hate time travel gives me headaches.

Well it looks like O5 team Blue will give us some response or at least expect it.

After SW the rules of time travel work as each writer wishes and not as a single formula with established rules. In other words anything that writers desire is possible even if another writer does something totally different and they just need to say that after SW the time and space are broken end of story.

Let's face the facts one day they will have to return this will happen an hour or another but doubt marvel has any definite plan in long term and will depend a lot on the sales of comics and the situation of the movies.

If I had to say the chances of having a reboot are pretty high when they come back and think Marvel has good reasons to keep that door open until makes a decision
    Last edited by Knives; 12-05-2016 at 05:58 AM.

They need to go. I don't care what it does to the timeline, I don't care how much insanity and chaos it causes, they need to go. I'll gladly read the stories about all the chaos if it means they're gone.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The problem with BoTA is that it tried to have it both ways. It almost killed Tyke and that affected Cyke, but then they killed Jeen and it didn't cause ripples and then they tried to claim Jeen wasn't Jean with that later Brotherhood story and it's just a mess, especially with Eva's actions at the end of it all. Maybe we'll get explanations before the next status quo. Hank apparently did mention he went back and saw something, maybe the same thing Not-Dakken supposedly saw when he traveled, but bottom line is that they will probably remain around for a while. the whole they're the same person no alternate timeline thing was to sell the original volume. But clearly they just said "f-it" and kept running with the concept even though it makes no sense within the established rules.
    This has always been an issue with me concerning the O5. There are two ways to look at time; theres the ripple effect and alternate universe theory. Marvel has always worked on the ripple effect. Its why we got stories like Days of Future Past, AoA and Age of Ultron. If you mess with one part of time in the past or present, it'll effect the present or future in kind. The other way of looking at it is, messing with the past doesnt change the present, but creates an alternate reality all its own. We haven't seen this much to my knowledge in Marvel but we have in other media like Dragon Ball Z. Trunks attempts to change his future by altering what he thinks is his past (the DBZ present), but it turns out to be impossible and all he did was alter the future of the present DBZ universe, leaving his unaffected. The X-Men writers seem to running with an amalgamation of both of these concepts which is in essence a complete contradiction. At this point, the only way to seed the O5 back into the timeline is to revert them back into what they were when they first arrived. By Marvel's own established rules of time travel, they cannot go back without seriously effecting the current timeline, which might make for an interesting excuse to reboot the Marvel universe without causing a complete overhaul. It'd be a soft "Rebirth"-like event we saw with DC, where established backgrounds stayed intact but they were able to pick and choose what small and big details to change. Why? Well putting the O5 back now will change everything. How they battled the Brotherhood, the battle with Krokoa, their interactions with Avengers, the first Secert Wars and Contest of Champions outcome, the Phoenix Saga and how they approached the Shi'Ar and Brood, Inferno (if that even happens) etc. Some of these events could have had global implications if altered.

They could have used Secret Wars to explain it away by saying "All reality was destroyed and then rebuilt, so the past was obliterated making this YEAR 1 for the current Marvel universe. There is no past for them or anyone else to return to. Going into the past before the resetting of the universe would mean entering the void before time began. The present is as much the home of O5 as anyone else now" But they didn't do that.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 12-05-2016 at 07:19 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    But what would that DO?! CHAOS!
    I'm fine with a book about a new Ultimate universe by any other name line that splits off from the main timeline with the 05's return to their own timeperiod with their memories intact. If that's what is needed to get them gone without it seeming like an admittance that the whole venture was a mistake best forgotten then I can live with that.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I doubt they can go back anymore thanks to secret wars.

Beast already did. But he saw something that scared him... I think that the reality they came from has already suffered an apocalypse. What would happen if Magneto launched an attack and with the X-Men missing, the Avengers have to fight him instead? Probably RIP Iron Man.

????

Tyke died and that's why Adult Cyclops was affected. Triage brought him back to life. Only if the past version dies does the present and future become distorted. If it is only being badly damaged then the timeline would run as if the person healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I doubt they can go back anymore thanks to secret wars.
    It's all made up, they can do whatever Marvel wants; stay forever or go back with no changes to the timeline.

Extraordinary Member

They will eventually get sent back in Marvel vs X-Men. It will end with Tony Stark (or whoever is the golden child of the Marvel U by then) creating something called the Siege Perilous which can send the O5 back and fix everything but only if they wish it, which they will with the help of Spider-Man and some young Inhumans who will inspire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Beast already did. But he saw something that scared him... I think that the reality they came from has already suffered an apocalypse. What would happen if Magneto launched an attack and with the X-Men missing, the Avengers have to fight him instead? Probably RIP Iron Man.
    How can that happen in the past?