Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which Green Lantern title are you liking best?

I really like both of them, personally I think the Hal Jordan title is better. What do you think?

I enjoy what each title brings to the table, though I do tend to look forward to Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. more if only because it feels like the kind of epic, sprawling, Green Lantern story with the major Lanterns that I loved reading during the Johns run .

BANNED

Like if John, Kyle and Guy fans have much of a choice.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

I like them both a lot, but Lanterns is very slightly in the lead at the moment with the Phantom Lantern story arc for me.

Don't buy any of them . . . no interest in any of them.
    (Not since before Flashpoint.)

I like Hal Jordan a lot better. It's just more epic and has a better story in my opinion. I didn't like the first Green Lanterns story with the Red Lanterns but this Phantom Lantern arc has been really intriguing. Plus the art in both books is soooooo good. Rocha and Sandoval in particular are phenomenal. But yeah, Hal Jordan is one of my favorite titles right now. Each issue is just great. A big cast with some truly epic moments.

Incredible Member

The prologue to the Phantom lantern arc in Green Lanterns is probably my favorite Green Lantern story since Johns run on the book. I was really hooked by it. Overall though, Hal Jordan is the one I like the most.

I like them both, but give the edge to HJ/GLC. I like Green Lanterns well enough and can see their appeal to new readers, the Phantom Lantern arc is better than the Rage Tower story so I'm hoping it continues that rise in quality. HJ/GLC is more epic and takes place in space, which I like (though if the casts switched locations, I wouldn't mind, even for an arc or two)
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Kyle and Guy are my favourite lanterns, so HJ/GLC.
    Baz & Jessica are struggling to find a way to my heart.

Mighty Member

Not really enjoying either of them that much honestly but I do prefer HJGLC.

Green Lanterns > HJ/GLV at the moment.
    Phantom Lantern arc is a blast and is much more fun than anything HJ/GLC threw at us so far. Rage Tower was abysmal, so I'd say GL tends to be either great or terrible, while HJ/GLC is just bland all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    I enjoy what each title brings to the table, though I do tend to look forward to Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. more if only because it feels like the kind of epic, sprawling, Green Lantern story with the major Lanterns that I loved reading during the Johns run .
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron
    I like Hal Jordan a lot better. It's just more epic and has a better story in my opinion. I didn't like the first Green Lanterns story with the Red Lanterns but this Phantom Lantern arc has been really intriguing. Plus the art in both books is soooooo good. Rocha and Sandoval in particular are phenomenal. But yeah, Hal Jordan is one of my favorite titles right now. Each issue is just great. A big cast with some truly epic moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalorock
    I like them both, but give the edge to HJ/GLC. I like Green Lanterns well enough and can see their appeal to new readers, the Phantom Lantern arc is better than the Rage Tower story so I'm hoping it continues that rise in quality. HJ/GLC is more epic and takes place in space, which I like
    Four on the floor!

These posts echo my own feelings pretty much exactly. I didn't enjoy Rage Planet as much as I hoped to. It started off great, but then multiple issues were spent with page after page after page of Jessica Cruz whining and moaning, "I can't make a construct! I'm not up to the task! I don't deserve to be a GL! Why can't I make a construct? Why, why, why?!!" UGH! So over that whole meme which Sam Humphries has run into the ground!

But The Phantom Lantern has been soooo much better! It''s moving quickly. Simon and Jessica are being written as competent novices and an effective team. Plus, Robson Rocha is now on every issue so far and really delivering top notch art that's slick and attractive with smart layouts.

All that said, Hal Jordan and the GL Corps is the jam. Epic like a GL story should be! Truly impressive art from rising superstar Rafa Sandoval and veteran "A" lister Ethan Van Sciver! Hal is back, baby, and he's kicking @$$ and taking names! Plus, John Stewart is Corps Leader (Sweet! ). Kyle Rayner has returned to the book (YAY!). And the stories are fun to read every issue.

Bottom line: Green Lanterns is good and getting better. But Hal Jordan and the GLC are outstanding!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps gets my vote.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Green Lanterns. It finally makes the GL mythos go forward while HJ&GLC is just more of the same.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Green Lanterns. It finally makes the GL mythos go forward while HJ&GLC is just more of the same.
    I like Green Lanterns for this as well. We're getting a rebirth of the Rage entity, which I hope gets done for the other Corps. Ion in Mogo hopefully. The Phantom Ring is a great addition and I can't wait to see it play out. However HJ and the GLC feels epic and the artwork is never less than phenomenal.