Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Not really, we got the good stories and all that.
    What's going to grind my wheels are pretty much the responses from the people who are going to go along the lines of: "This is great, much better than that [Insert insult] New 52! Glad we all agree!" Then get really upset if you disagree with them
    Here's a bit of nostalgia: I remember exactly this line of reasoning back in 2011, only it was New 52 fans who were talking about how much better their new stuff was from the garbage that came before.

only back then, the older stuff was being dumped. Here, not so much.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Anyone else feel like they've just wasted their time and money the last five years following the New 52? I followed Superman and now he's dead. I started following Wonder Woman a few years back hoping to collect the entire Azzarello run and now there's no point. They killed the kid and now we're being told none of it ever happened anyway. Batman and Green Lantern seem to be the only people who get to keep their history (again). So this thread is just for those who followed the New 52 and now feel they got cheated to just go ahead and vent.
    No more than people who bought DC Comics from 2006-2011 and/or jumped in with 'One Year Later'.

Or actually bought and read stuff like DC Universe Legacies, Brightest Day or Generation Lost...
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-05-2016 at 01:12 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

I understand the feeling, some people felt they wasted 30+ years.

I dont feel like I wasted the last five years, as it gave me some of my favorite Superman and Wonder Woman comics, as well as brilliant series like Dial H, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Aquaman, and so many others.

But I do feel a certain amount of fatigue over the continuity shuffling. Ive already survived a few history re-writes and Im getting tired of it. Hard to invest in characters when they're going to be erased or replaced or changed completely in a couple years.

So no, I dont feel like my past purchases have lost any value (I feel the same about my post-Crisis and pre-Crisis books too), but I have cut my pull list by about 75%. The stuff Im still reading has been good, especially Tomasi's Superman (and I tried real hard to hate it) but I no longer feel any emotional investment in the characters so I stopped reading most everything.

Hell, if Kirkman had ended Invincible now instead of late next year I likely would have dropped everything, but since Im still going in for Invincible I kept a couple other books too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I take the approach I had when Flashpoint happened. While it was easier for me to accept because I wanted a reboot at the time, there was definitely stuff I was going to miss and I told myself the I enjoyed them and thus they still matter. Continuity or nay. Pretty much the same here. I had a lot of fun with New 52 Superman, and yeah it bums me out how they did him in, but I had fun all the same.

Its always going to be harder though when you are very opposed to a direction (like I was with killing off New 52 Superman), than it is when you're wary but generally excited for the potential of a direction (me with the reboot).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Now imagine you spent 10-20 years reading comics and then DC coming up and saying "lol they don't matter anymore and you suck for liking it" or my favourite, "those comics still exist, you can always read them."

There is nothing I can say besides "Well, that's rough buddy". At least you lost only 5 years anyway. And I don't think the entirety of New 52 will be lost like post-crisis was so you are still lucky.*shrug* Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Also I enjoyed Wonder Woman for what it is but I don't hold onto characters like I used to anymore, I'm more open to changes to their mythos now.

Superman is not as popular as batman so superman gets reboots and retcons quite often. There tends to be cycles too : superman is single, superman is married, superman is single, superman is married, etc.

Anyone else feel like they've just wasted their time and money the last five years following the New 52?
    You sound as if DC just told us that NOTHING that happened during the New52/DCYou period actually happened now, and all continuity automatically shifted back to where things stood to immediately before when Flashpoint struck.
    Funny, but none of the books I'm reading at present come off that way (at least not yet).

Pre flashpoint is probably really back if superman starts walking again.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

As long as Aquaman isn't going to revert, I'm good. His current set up and continuity is just the best ever.

Incredible Member

So Rebirth was to expand upon the 5 years by adding 10 more years which was supposed to give us 15 years of continuity, but 5 years got erased and the other 10 years are not the Pre-Flashpoint stuff since that would totally contradict what is happening now.

So bringing Wally out of the Speedforce created a completely new universe then?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Pre flashpoint is probably really back if superman starts walking again.
    Walking "to be like puny humans" and bullying every journalist and illegal "alien" he meets along the way.

If anyone needed Flashpoint, it was Superman.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I'm still going to enjoy those 5 years of comics.
    It's just annoying that now DC is telling me that those 5 years were worthless crap devoid of joy and love etc.

Welcome to the world of COMIC BOOKS.
    Anyone else feel like they've just wasted their time and money the last five years following the New 52? I followed Superman and now he's dead. I started following Wonder Woman a few years back hoping to collect the entire Azzarello run and now there's no point. They killed the kid and now we're being told none of it ever happened anyway. Batman and Green Lantern seem to be the only people who get to keep their history (again). So this thread is just for those who followed the New 52 and now feel they got cheated to just go ahead and vent.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Walking "to be like puny humans" and bullying every journalist and illegal "alien" he meets along the way.

If anyone needed Flashpoint, it was Superman.
    That was the lowest point for Superman that I've read, and I've been reading for almost "ever". I only remember hating Chuck Austen's stuff as much as Grounded, for different but similar reasons. It almost crippled the character for me, especially since SUPERMAN RETURNS had bored me to the point of apathy.

Flashpoint saved Superman.