Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    There's a fan theory over on the Superman board . . .
    There's a reason I don't usually spend too much (any?) time on the "Superman" and (ESPECIALLY!) "Wonder Woman" boards.

My guess is the new 52 superman, superdad who believes he is the pre flashpoint superman, and the extra Clark Kent will all get merged.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There's a reason I don't usually spend too much (any?) time on the "Superman" and (ESPECIALLY!) "Wonder Woman" boards.
    Oh come on, its not so bad. Remember that thread about WW adopting Tim Drake?

I do not believe our time and years will be wasted if Wonder Woman hooks up with Tim Drake.

Astonishing Member

I don't think New 52 was a waste of time. It was highly experimental, and initiatives of that nature tend to have both good and bad results. The key thing with Rebirth is that the right lessons are learned, and it looks like they have been so far, yet it doesn't render what New 52 did wholly redundant.

Dc tends to have a habit of cyclical removing of history, putting back history, removing history, putting back history, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Dc tends to have a habit of cyclical removing of history, putting back history, removing history, putting back history, etc.
    Eh, i always thought theyd make an interesting couple. Done right theyd have a really interesting dynamic, especially playing the non powered handsome B lister that is surprisingly good at getting girls but awful at keeping them with one of the most important A listers in the world. a symbol of independence, power and an inspiration to women everywhere. Age difference, power difference, the fact that she underestimated him in every exchange they ever had, the fact that he really doesnt care how powerful she is.
    Good potential for drama, for an interesting relationship that probably wouldnt work on the long term, especially if both are aware of this.

Dc seems to have removed Steve Trevor and put back Steve Trevor about 3 times already. The WW and Steve Trevor pairing was also used in the old tv show and also being used in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    Eh, i always thought theyd make an interesting couple. Done right theyd have a really interesting dynamic, especially playing the non powered handsome B lister that is surprisingly good at getting girls but awful at keeping them with one of the most important A listers in the world. a symbol of independence, power and an inspiration to women everywhere. Age difference, power difference, the fact that she underestimated him in every exchange they ever had, the fact that he really doesnt care how powerful she is.
    Good potential for drama, for an interesting relationship that probably wouldnt work on the long term, especially if both are aware of this.
    huh? That came out of left field…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Well that's what happens when DC Comics has bad sales in their DCYOU launch, unfortunately. So Geoff Johns has to do something to fix the situation.

I don't think it was a waste ... because we got some good books out of it

Tho there were a few wasted opportunities ie some concepts which weren't explored deeply enough, and some would-be masterpieces wrecked by fill-in artists for the sake of deadlines (such a shame)

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I don't feel anytime was wasted, if you enjoy the stories you are reading, that is all that matters in the end, you only wasted time & money if you didn't enjoy what you were reading.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Incredible Member

Waste of time? Never. Waste of potential? Hell yes, too many momentum killing events and not enough world building.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Anyone else feel like they've just wasted their time and money the last five years following the New 52? I followed Superman and now he's dead. I started following Wonder Woman a few years back hoping to collect the entire Azzarello run and now there's no point. They killed the kid and now we're being told none of it ever happened anyway. Batman and Green Lantern seem to be the only people who get to keep their history (again). So this thread is just for those who followed the New 52 and now feel they got cheated to just go ahead and vent.
    If you enjoyed the stories as they came out and you read them, then you did not waste your time.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    Did you have fun reading those stories? If answer is yes then it wasn't a waste. Why does everything have to 'matter'? Plus, Rebirth is a continuation of New 52, mostly.
    Uh, well I see someone beat me to it.

Sandy Hausler