Default Justice League of America - Prior Reading

I appreciate that these questions get asked a lot, but I'm still finding my feet in comics and I find that the answer has varied greatly between comics...

I'm interested in reading the new JLA in February (ish?), but I read that it stems from Suicide Squad. I've zero knowledge of suicide squad and I've only read a few issues of JLA (annuals and classified mostly) and although I could pick up Suicide Squad vs Justice League, I won't be able to do any reading on Suicide Squad before then. Based on your experience of these current titles and your experience of DC/Justice League as a whole, is there much point in me jumping on with this?

Thanks
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

I think if you jump in with Justice League vs Suicide Squad it should be pretty accessible and new reader friendly. This is probably all you need to know about the Suicide Squad to enjoy the crossover:

"The Suicide Squad is a team of imprisoned super-villains who perform high-risk missions for the U.S. Government in exchange for commuted sentences. They are formally known as Task Force X. The team's actions are highly classified, and the government is able to deny any involvement by claiming that they are not responsible for the damages of a random super-villain attack. Their commander is Amanda Waller, who runs the organization out of Belle Reve prison. The roster for the squad constantly changes."

I think you are fine honestly.
    The J-man

I think that I probably will, thanks guys/gals!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”