Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It’s a school.
    Logical progression would dictate a new class of students.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would go for the lesser used mutant kids.

Let Cyclops and Wolverine train these as young soldiers. So we do need a big team, who they can use for smaller squds of 4 at each assignment. Meaning it could be multple assignments at once, which different squads.

Indra, Use his plates in an awesome way and live up to the code-name Indra (god of war), so become a bit more aggressive.
    Eosimias, the flying tiger boy. I want him a be fast, flexible and funny. A great fighter.
    Match, the flaming rebel
    Trance, use her as Scanner was in the past.
    Graymalkin, make him how darker, how stronger
    Cipher, give her a tool to use during fighting
    Hellion, Dust and Surge, as we do need fan-favorites to make the book sell.
    Quill
    Kid Gladiator
    Crosta, make him use all kind of water based powers

Never to have appearances of Glob Herman, Eye-boy, Sprite or Shark-Girl.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 12-05-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Create my own next/new generation of students? Ooookaaaaay, but remember, you asked for it...

The entire next generation gain their powers either at puberty, or just before, without fail. But then the impossibly tragic occurs. Nature shifts. What Xavier, Eisenhardt, Essex and countless others thought to be inevitable -- that homo superior would supplant homo sapiens sapiens -- seems more and more unlikely with each passing generation of births. The expressed X-gene starts to recede in every mutant before they reach their 18th birthday. They all begin to lose their powers just as quickly as they manifested. While the gene remains detectable, the new generations do not exhibit any signs that the gene is otherwise active. Further, the presence of the X-gene prohibits further mutations of any kind. You will not see a Spider-Man or Fantastic Four arising out of any carrier of the X-gene. They have become, in effect, flatscans. Mutants are no longer perceived to be the next stage of humanity. Quite the contrary.

My story takes place 12 generations into the future, after four Ultron-Apocalypse Wars that saw the death of most of the mutants on the planet, and after the Great Sentinel Purges, which brought about the deaths of just about every human that carried the X-gene. Generation Lost as I call them is comprised of just six retrogressive mutants, two of whom are approaching their 18th birthdays. Will they find a cure, or merely accept their grim fates?

1. Cullen "Calumny" Frost -- Distant descendant of Emma Frost and unnamed Summers male; pyrokinetic and cryokinetic mutant powers, but infected with the Klyntar symbiote virus at birth; yet another beautiful soul betrayed by and trapped in a horrendous form

2. Sojourner "Mist-walker" Moon -- Distant descendant of Mercedes "Misty" Knight; limited ability to teleport across dimensional space; began concurrent magical training from the Strange Academy for the Adept after the Heart of Agamotto mysteriously appeared to her on her 13 birthday; in mystical circles, the Revelation of Agamotto's Heart portends a catastrophic event that will change the balance of power across all realities

3. Sierra "Shy Diva" Stark -- Distant descendant of Monet St. Croix and Anthony Stark; mutant abilities identical to the Invisible Woman

4. Kenshin "Sunfire" Yoshida -- Distant descendant of Shiro Yoshida; molecule rearranger like DC's Firestorm, only the flames are blue

5. Rebecca "Iron Kiss" Yearwood -- Distant descendant of Gambit and Rogue; her touch turns organic material into quasi-metallic substance, which allows her to absorb the lifeforce energies for sustenance and to boost her strength, speed, sensory perceptions, and durability; with this power she faced the dragon Shou-Lou and became the latest wielder of the Iron Fist

6. Kerrolyn "Shadowcat II" Wagner -- Distant descendant of Kurt Wagner and Felicia Hardy (Yes, the Black Cat!!!); darkforce aligned powers; can summon multiple shadow doppelgangers to assist her in combat; the more she summons, the weaker she becomes...unless they feed, which is a problem, since her doppelgangers are already far more psychotic and bloodthirsty than she is; the more powerful they become, the more difficult to control and dispel; how does that song go? oh yeah, now I remember ... "When you feel my heat/ look into my eyes/ it's where my demons hide/ it's where my demons hide. Don't get too close/ it's dark inside/ it's where my demons hide/ it's where my demons hide."
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 12-09-2019 at 01:12 AM.

I'd make a college age class of established mutants

Vincente
    Bulwark
    Murmur (Rennie)
    Murmur (Truffaunt)
    Flex
    Radius
    Poltergeist
    Link
    Lucy (Heartbreak Hotel)
    Puck II
    Last edited by danielsan52; 12-09-2019 at 05:57 AM.

going a different route.

these would be a different kind of class; mutants being trained as intelligence operatives for Krakoa.

trainees

Vincente (Vincente Cimetta): was rescued from Emplate's clutches and has been in deprogramming/rehab all of this time

Risque (Gloria Muniz) being trained as an extraction agent

Radius (Jared Corbo) trained as an extraction agent

Trinary: technopathic mutant from India

Kidogo (Lazaro Kotikash)

Specter (Dallas Gibson)

Trance (Hope Abbott)

Cipher (Alisa Tager): a very obvious recruit w/ full spectrum invisibility and complete stealth, able to mask even her psychic imprint from most telepaths.

trainers

Garabed Bashur - head spymaster
    Kevin Sydney: formerly the Changeling - instructor
    Tessa: instructor
    Jesse Aaronson: formerly the mutant Bedlam - trainer
    Sally Blevins: formerly Skids - trainer
    ---
    Forge (tech support)

already active field agents
    Cluster (Fantomex's female half)
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-10-2019 at 06:56 AM.