19 25.33%
  • Thor: Ragnorak

0 0%
  • Justice League

18 24.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Justice League and Wonder Woman

I think GOTG2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming will top the worldwide box office.

Justice League. At least for a month until mid-December when Star Wars smashes it.

BvS and SS were the #3 and 4 best grossing superhero movies of 2016, behind Deadpool and Captain America. Since 2017 does not have a Captain America/Avengers movie or a Deadpool movie, I predict it will be all DC.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-07-2016 at 04:30 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Justice League. At least for a month until mid-December when Star Wars smashes it.

BvS and SS were the #3 and 4 best grossing superhero movies of 2016, behind Deadpool and Captain America. Since 2017 does not have a Captain America/Avengers movie or a Deadpool movie, I predict it will be all DC.
    No but it does have GOTG 2 and a spidey movie coming off the heels of civil war which also has Tony Stark as a costar. Not to mention another lego movie all about batman this time. Justice league has a chance but it wont be easy, yes star wars will crush them all, transformers probaly will too

This was a tough one to vote on.

For each character/group, I have heard fans love and hate what came before, what they really want, and how they don't like certain trailers.

I went with JL because only a few characters have yet movie debuted, and long-term fans are turning gray waiting to see their DC team appear. I think it might do well initial weekend opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This was a tough one to vote on.

For each character/group, I have heard fans love and hate what came before, what they really want, and how they don't like certain trailers.

I went with JL because only a few characters have yet movie debuted, and long-term fans are turning gray waiting to see their DC team appear. I think it might do well initial weekend opening.
    No doubt opening weekend will be 160m on a bad day. Probaly closer to 200m. Honeslty i think well liked wonder woman movie can help justice league alot. But theres no doubt its gonna be huge and one of the years top earners. It does BvS numbers at worst imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    No but it does have GOTG 2 and a spidey movie coming off the heels of civil war which also has Tony Stark as a costar. Not to mention another lego movie all about batman this time. Justice league has a chance but it wont be easy, yes star wars will crush them all, transformers probaly will too
    Plus thor is 2 weeks before
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

spiderman because all the kids will go crazy to watch it, like when i was a kid when the sam raimi movies came out,
    and guardians too ,but, come one, spidey is spidey, everyone knows him, probably everyone knows justice league characters but they are most known from the oldest generation

Astonishing Member

Tough call to make. I went with GOTG 2 because the trailer killed and kids will go crazy for baby Groot. Close second will be JL. But DC knows now to incorporate some humor maybe JL will be the winner. Should get a big boost with WW coming out in June.

I wonder if the 2017 contenders can beat 2016. There were 4 SH movies that crossed 300M domestic. It will be hard to match that.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Tough call to make. I went with GOTG 2 because the trailer killed and kids will go crazy for baby Groot. Close second will be JL. But DC knows now to incorporate some humor maybe JL will be the winner. Should get a big boost with WW coming out in June.

I wonder if the 2017 contenders can beat 2016. There were 4 SH movies that crossed 300M domestic. It will be hard to match that.
    Civil war is the only one not getting passed by mutilple CBMs for sure. Everything else from 2016 will have more then one CBM pass it imo. Thats not including transformers or starwars just the surperhero cbms

Justice League first - I mean it's the Justice League. That will sell.

GotG2 will be 2nd

WW will be 3rd.

I think WW will the best movie out of the list though.

The teaser for Spider-man homecoming has me excited and im not a huge spidey fan. But see the underarm webbing is kinda amazing lol plus i love happy so it was cool they used Favrou for the viral campaign, hope hes in the movie with tony

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The really great thing is that there does not seem to be a clunker in the bunch as far as CBM's go next year. They all look at least good if not great so far from what we have been shown. To me 2017 looks like it may be the best year we have ever gotten as far as CBM go. Every other year since the trend started there has always been at least one or two that people were kinda sketchy on, but we don't seem to have that feeling with whats coming next year.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    spiderman because all the kids will go crazy to watch it, like when i was a kid when the sam raimi movies came out,
    and guardians too ,but, come one, spidey is spidey, everyone knows him, probably everyone knows justice league characters but they are most known from the oldest generation
    I'm excited to see Spider-Man, but still feel burned out a little bit with the film franchise. My thinking in not putting it very high is that others will feel the same way. ASM2 did alot of damage thats going to be hard to undo.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Lego Batman is defiantly the one at the top of My Must See List.