Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have always been a fan of Moondragon even back in the day. And, ****, I see what people are saying about these boards being soooo negative and hostile. I would love to see Heather return!

Mighty Member

A strong, powerful, independent and brilliant (geneticist I believe) LGBT character that was in a long-term loving relationship with Phyla-Vel. Definite ghosts in her past, but ever since she had to wear the Odin headband and was taken down a peg or two in the attitude department, she has fought and overcome a lot of her personal demons. Marvel should really revisit using her more often, especially with Phyla-Vel. They are an awesome couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But since we are all here looking for her, it appears we all forgave Heather for her past indiscretions.

I think she has grown since that time.
    Her behavior was a result of the Dragon of the Moon's mental influence, hence her eventual redemption, but most of the Avengers still won' t have anything to do with her.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From the most recent Guardians of the Galaxy series:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    From the most recent Guardians of the Galaxy series:

Alternate reality Moondragon, not the one we all know and hate/love/whatever

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Alternate reality Moondragon, not the one we all know and hate/love/whatever
    Yeah, still thought it was worth bringing up though.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Still think her costume needs work. That headset and chin guard almost makes it look like she's an old man with a beard in that one image. And I get why they're using crescents, but they really should incorporate the "dragon" aspect of her name into her symbol. Embrace the Dragon of the Moon taint, even if she is no longer subject to its control. And maybe give her a weapon -- bo staff, dagger, blasters, something -- powered by her psionic energy. Surely there is a form of organic metal in the Marvel Universe that conducts and amplifies psionic energy. If not, invent it, but make it rare so that Moondragon is the only person with weapons and armor comprised of said metal.

616 Moon dragon will be in Ewing's guardians
    https://www.cbr.com/al-ewing-guardia...axy-interview/

Phyla and Moondragon are fascinating to me because they're not from around here. They were brought in from another dimension, and a dimension where things are a little more... heroic. As I recall, Loki is an out-and-out good guy in their world, so there's clearly a lot less nuance to things. So I think of them as Big Darn Superheroes from the Big Darn Superhero Dimension, kind of marooned in a messier world of more flawed and human beings. And to make matters more complicated, there's another Heather Douglas running around, from our own world. And how does she feel, knowing that there's a version of Phyla alive in this universe, coupled up with a less-flawed version of her? That's got to be a hard thing to get your head and heart around at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    616 Moon dragon will be in Ewing's guardians
    https://www.cbr.com/al-ewing-guardia...axy-interview/
    Nice! Thanks for that!

I've noticed her TK has been amped up in this series. Not only allowing her to fly but also create those fire breathing dragons.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beamish View Post
    A strong, powerful, independent and brilliant (geneticist I believe) LGBT character that was in a long-term loving relationship with Phyla-Vel. Definite ghosts in her past, but ever since she had to wear the Odin headband and was taken down a peg or two in the attitude department, she has fought and overcome a lot of her personal demons. Marvel should really revisit using her more often, especially with Phyla-Vel. They are an awesome couple.
    It's interesting in that, in her first appearance, she created three supers to help in her intended fight against Thanos, two of which, the cyborg Ramrod, and the surgically-enhanced 'Angar the Screamer' were no great shakes, but the third, Dark Messiah, was pretty powerful. She's already got telepathy powerful enough to mind control an entire planet and pierce the mental shields of Galactus, telekinesis powerful enough to stop a blow from Thor's hammer, and martial arts proficiency sufficient to throw down with Captain America, but she's also apparently a one-woman Power Broker (and, somewhere, probably abandoned at the bottom of a lake somewhere, she might still have that spaceship she used to get to Earth from Titan...).

That would be a funny sidenote, some idiot she recruited back in her Madame MacEvil days has been sitting in that ship, eating synthetic rations, unable to work the controls (or escape it's dangerous surroundings), so kind of stuck there, chilling, and slowly going mad waiting for her to return and give him superpowers, like she promised. She's forgotten him entirely...

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Still think her costume needs work. That headset and chin guard almost makes it look like she's an old man with a beard in that one image. And I get why they're using crescents, but they really should incorporate the "dragon" aspect of her name into her symbol. Embrace the Dragon of the Moon taint, even if she is no longer subject to its control. And maybe give her a weapon -- bo staff, dagger, blasters, something -- powered by her psionic energy. Surely there is a form of organic metal in the Marvel Universe that conducts and amplifies psionic energy. If not, invent it, but make it rare so that Moondragon is the only person with weapons and armor comprised of said metal.
    Hmmmm. Maybe Heather could find or create this "Psychatronium", but really, with all her powers, I am not sure she needs it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I've noticed her TK has been amped up in this series. Not only allowing her to fly but also create those fire breathing dragons.
    Since this is the alternate reality version of Moondragon, its entirely possible that her power set is somewhat different and/or stronger than the 616 version we're used to.

Of course, 616 Heather's power levels have also been somewhat variable over the years, with her being more powerful when possessed by the Dragon of the Moon, and also getting a power upgrade when she was the holder of the Mind Gem. Even after the Infinity Watch disbanded and she no longer had the Mind Gem I think her power levels were still higher than they were previously.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Since this is the alternate reality version of Moondragon, its entirely possible that her power set is somewhat different and/or stronger than the 616 version we're used to.

Of course, 616 Heather's power levels have also been somewhat variable over the years, with her being more powerful when possessed by the Dragon of the Moon, and also getting a power upgrade when she was the holder of the Mind Gem. Even after the Infinity Watch disbanded and she no longer had the Mind Gem I think her power levels were still higher than they were previously.
    I kinda have the sneaking suspicion that the current writer doesn't really know or care what her powers are, and has just heard something, something 'dragon of the moon' and seen all these other yobbos creating psionic energy objects or critters like Quentin Quire or Chimera, and ran with it.

As cynical as it is, it seems to happen more and more lately. Sauron was recently seen *breathing fire* for instance (he's a mind controller and psychic vampire, not Drogon).

I THINK she used the gem to permanently increase her powers.