Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I THINK she used the gem to permanently increase her powers.
    Yeah, that sounds like my gal Heather. But who can blame her?

I think it was I'm infinity watch where Heather used the mind gem for TK. When she lost the gem retained her new found TK powers.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I think it was I'm infinity watch where Heather used the mind gem for TK. When she lost the gem retained her new found TK powers.
    I think you are correct. But just how did she lose the Mind Gem?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I honestly can't remember! I didn't read infinity watch back then. The whole team lost or gave up their gems.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/al-ewi...y-fi-adventure

Phyla-Vell and Moondragon

>I do think of these two as one unit — they have their differences, but they're more different to everyone around them. They're dimensional refugees — they're big darn superheroes from a superhero dimension, somewhere less flawed and fallible than our own world. That means they're first into battle, and the first to make the big sacrifice — but they're also slightly distant from the more complex people they live with now.

>And where things get problematic for them is that Phyla is the only Phyla, but Moondragon isn't the only Moondragon — reports of the death of this dimension's Moondragon were greatly exaggerated, so there are two Heather Douglases running around. And if you found that there was a better, purer, more heroic version of you out there, who'd made none of your mistakes, who was married to the great love of your life who you'd seen die... how would you react? Not well.

Last edited by juan678; 12-12-2019 at 07:39 AM.

I'm so glad that Ewing is erasing that stupid off-panel death and is adressing the issue of NuPhyla and NuHeather not being from 616!
    I'm more ready to accept those two AU characters now.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/al-ewi...y-fi-adventure

Phyla-Vell and Moondragon

>I do think of these two as one unit — they have their differences, but they're more different to everyone around them. They're dimensional refugees — they're big darn superheroes from a superhero dimension, somewhere less flawed and fallible than our own world. That means they're first into battle, and the first to make the big sacrifice — but they're also slightly distant from the more complex people they live with now.

>And where things get problematic for them is that Phyla is the only Phyla, but Moondragon isn't the only Moondragon — reports of the death of this dimension's Moondragon were greatly exaggerated, so there are two Heather Douglases running around. And if you found that there was a better, purer, more heroic version of you out there, who'd made none of your mistakes, who was married to the great love of your life who you'd seen die... how would you react? Not well.

I thought Bucky O'Hare was not a marvel property
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    She didn't lose it as such; the gems all vanished at the end of the original Infinity Watch so they could be used in an Ultraverse Crossover Marvel was doing as it bought out and retooled Malibu.

Surfer, Rune, Black Knight and Sersi all got involved, and we learned there was a 7th gem.

After that all went away, Adam got the Soul Gem back, but no one else got there's and the gems just went away for a bit, and didnt really show up again until Bendis did his Illuminati rubbish with them.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm honestly surprised that more wielders of the Infinity Stones didn't do that. Granted, the properties of some of the stones might not have intuitively lasting effects, but you'd think Power, Reality, Time, Soul, and Mind could easily restructure an individual in a way that gives them permanent enhancements that they keep even after they've relinquished the gems.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    She didn't lose it as such; the gems all vanished at the end of the original Infinity Watch so they could be used in an Ultraverse Crossover Marvel was doing as it bought out and retooled Malibu.

Surfer, Rune, Black Knight and Sersi all got involved, and we learned there was a 7th gem.

After that all went away, Adam got the Soul Gem back, but no one else got there's and the gems just went away for a bit, and didnt really show up again until Bendis did his Illuminati rubbish with them.
    Ah, thank you so much!

I thought Adam or some other 'entity' had them collected back. But I don't remember that either. MD is one of my fave characters. Always felt she was over-written to be that arrogant. But she got better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I honestly can't remember! I didn't read infinity watch back then. The whole team lost or gave up their gems.
    Rune stole them, IIRC. And then Marvel buried the Ultraverse

I wonder if 616 Moondragon could make a heel turn? It will be an interesting showdown between the 2 dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that more wielders of the Infinity Stones didn't do that. Granted, the properties of some of the stones might not have intuitively lasting effects, but you'd think Power, Reality, Time, Soul, and Mind could easily restructure an individual in a way that gives them permanent enhancements that they keep even after they've relinquished the gems.
    Pip the troll still can teleport. Unless he could teleport before he had the space stone?