Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is the New Marvel Method. Write some stories, write some other stories, and then do an interview and make up logic defying reasons why those two stories make sense together.
    Isn't that basically the definition of a No-Prize explanation, though? Only done by a writer (who only wrote one of the two stories)?

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    At WORST, she cost Alchemy his life. And he made the decision to help with eyes wide open. This makes no sense.
    Well, he specifically mentioned off-panel stuff in Scott's name.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Unbelievable. So basically mutants are whiners and Inhumans are so damn right
    Keep in mind he was literally asked for the other side of the story. He could either have said what he said or "you're right, there's no merit to the Inhumans argument." Did you really expect him to say the latter? Looking at his answer, it's clear even then he's acknowledging the events of IvX will probably take away the Inhumans argument anyway. As of right now, they're saying "slow down and see if we can come up with some alternative." The events of IvX will likely remove that possibility. At that point, we'll have to see where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Translation: Because I, the author, said so.

No, seriously, he think that's credible?
    Oh come on, he has a point. It's not like there was that many people there. Well aside from
    Storm, Angel, Tykeclops, Iceman, Magik, Emma, the 3 Stepfords, Sunfire, Magneto, Warpath, Wolfsbane, Colossus, Rockslide, Crystal, Triton, Iso, Medusa, Black Bolt, Flint, Naja, Grid, Nur and the idiot who recorded it all instead of actually stopping a murder
    See?! Practically no witnesses. Obviously, it's easy to forget some details.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I find it hilarious that some people tell X-Men fans that the mutants who are affected off panel don't matter, yet here we have a writer saying that the consequences that have affected the inhuman's has happened off panel.

BANNED

HA! WHO ARE THE NAZIS NOW? MARVEL FOR HOLOCAUST APOLOGISTS! STAN AND IKE WOULD BE PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    When my dad had a heart attack, I flew across the country within 12 hours and was there when he passes away. I don't think anyone can relate to not getting to their parents' funeral.

Zero thought was put into all of this.
    It's a story about a "green mist" that was probably inspired by what they were smoking, which would explain a lot... Now, that all make sense, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    It's a story about a "green mist" that was probably inspired by what they were smoking, which would explain a lot... Now, that all make sense, no?
    Now I get it. The mutants represent anti-drugs people. Wanting to stop people from smoking just cause they think it's a bad thing.

.....So we actually vilify the people who suffered the most from this event and give a slap on the wrist and a sympathy card to the ones who have barely lost that much
    Anyways I'm happy this is going to be a very Emma-esque event seeing we probably wont be seeing her for a while after it

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean, the holocaust was not everywhere. If they knew Germany was against jews, they could've just moved to another country!
    or the roma or the politcal dissidents, homosexuals
    Not true, new inhumans would keep being born. Now with clouds no more mutants
    How many of the nuhumans keep the same values as the attilani?

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    They showed Magneto struggling with his powers on-panel, then they showed Magneto being healed by Xorn, then they stopped showing him struggling with his powers. I'm not sure how much more confirmation is needed here.
    You're right! I also don't fault Soule for his answer to this question, because I do like it when writers respect the fact that another writer is responsible for a character who is guesting in their project.

BANNED

This was perhaps the most cringe-worthy X-Men related interview of the past 10-15 years, and I can say that because I've read most, if not all, of them.
    Last edited by Jerk Chicken; 12-06-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    You're right! I also don't fault Soule for his answer to this question, because I do like it when writers respect the fact that another writer is responsible for a character who is guesting in their project.
    Gah, I am a fool. I genuinely never realised until now that that was what was being healed. In fairness it's never made abundantly clear that Xorn makes hi powerful again, it takes place in a weird kind of off-story AND I've read the first arc (where he's broken) many more times than the Second. I think my question about powers still sort of holds weight, as it clearly happens in a countdown leading up to IvX and Mags' presence there would have been pre-healing.

Regardless, my bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Not true, new inhumans would keep being born. Now with clouds no more mutants
    No... mutants would stop giving birth and siring children. However, humans will continue to give birth to mutant children or childre that carry the X-gene. The X-Gene is a result of evolution. Unlike the the Inhuman gene, you can't breed it out forever, just slow it down. Eventually, whether it takes one generation or fifteen, it'll always come back. Not everyone is made equal. In the world we live in, some families have kids without wisdom teeth, while others run to the dentist to have their removed. It's a trait that eventually is left behind. The X-gene is a trait that over time develops human DNA. The Inhuman gene was introduced artificially by the Kree. You remove them from the populace, it will not continue to appear in the human population.

As for this interview... LOL. That was a colossal waste of time. He spins and ducks with the best of them. By 'best', I mean the worst. He just contradicted an entire years worth of storylines. Sad part is, there is a room of editors somewhere that greenlighted the Terrigen Mist ideas. Now it's all being abandoned and spun like it was all part of their master plan. It's sad and insulting in several ways.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Gah, I am a fool. I genuinely never realised until now that that was what was being healed. In fairness it's never made abundantly clear that Xorn makes hi powerful again, it takes place in a weird kind of off-story AND I've read the first arc (where he's broken) many more times than the Second. I think my question about powers still sort of holds weight, as it clearly happens in a countdown leading up to IvX and Mags' presence there would have been pre-healing.

Regardless, my bad.
    Sorry about the tone of my answer on that, btw. I re-read what I wrote and it sounded very condescending. MY bad, sir.

The mutants don’t have to touch Terrigen at all, which means the problem is really of a limited scale to them. So, the idea that the Inhumans should destroy their entire (20,000+ years) cultural legacy because mutants have a problem with Terrigen… I think it’s understandable that they would take a wait-and-see approach, and try to find another solution.

To explain another way — there are kids with deadly peanut allergies. We don’t implement a worldwide ban on peanut butter or Snickers. We just make sure those particular kids stay away from peanuts. This is that exact situation. Now, we’ll see what happens in “IvX”…
    this is just.... Mr Soule really went for Gold in Mental Gymnastics.

At least there were no comparisons to Nazis this time around i guess
    Last edited by Jean Grey; 12-06-2016 at 04:34 PM.

BANNED

That's like a donald trump interview, the difference is that at least Trump is funny