Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Default Question about Cho Hulk based on Soule's Interview

So, in his X-Position Interview, Charles Soule explained that people consider Cyclops as "literally Hitler" because of sensationalist new headlines and incorrect propaganda. Which means that Amadeus Cho, one of the smartest people on Earth, formed his opinion on the issue based on these things, without doing any research whatsoever, according to Champions #1 and anywhere else he spoke against Cyclops. So, Chulk fans, is this in character? Does it make any sense? Because I though Cho was smarter than that.

(This is a legitimate question. I haven't read much of Amadeus' stuff, and I'm genuinely curious if this makes any sense.)
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member

When in Hulk mode he gets big on hormones, testosterone and pride sometimes at the expense of his intelligence. Being a teenager, this isn't surprising. When Teen Cyclops shows up the Champions have just been sharing their individual powers, with Chulk being talked into literally jumping out of the scene so he's clearly not into thinking, at least upstairs. Hopefully when he's de-Hulked he can actually apply his intelligence and take on the very lessons learned from CWII mentioned in the issue.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I love Cho, but he's human and young. He's misinterpreted things before. His very first appearances involve him not having the full picture.

That said, characters can have valid, yet differing opinions, and none are beholden to one author's perspective, especially when there are multiple authors across various books. Different authors are going to view the same situation differently, as will different characters. And, different authors may even have the same character view things differently.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    So, in his X-Position Interview, Charles Soule explained that people consider Cyclops as "literally Hitler" because of sensationalist new headlines and incorrect propaganda. Which means that Amadeus Cho, one of the smartest people on Earth, formed his opinion on the issue based on these things, without doing any research whatsoever, according to Champions #1 and anywhere else he spoke against Cyclops. So, Chulk fans, is this in character? Does it make any sense? Because I though Cho was smarter than that.

(This is a legitimate question. I haven't read much of Amadeus' stuff, and I'm genuinely curious if this makes any sense.)
    It's no use trying to find logic where it does not exist.

Soule for example also believes that Scott would not have approved what Emma did but if you ask most of the X-mens fans or read about everything Scott has done for the last 5 years until his death on DoX then you will have a full Different Opinion although it is Soule and Lemire writing the story .

That's exactly what happened in AvX only instead of Scott we have Emma now.

And Cho was not the only one.
    Last edited by Knives; 12-06-2016 at 07:09 PM.