Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

In an effort to stop this thread from becoming another Snyder Superman war thread I'm going to say that maybe DC should start pursuing an animation angle for Superman's corner of the DC universe. I think it better translates to Supes larger than life world. Maybe look to the golden and silver age for inspiration, people don't seem very receptive of Superman being a farmers dream.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    In an effort to stop this thread from becoming another Snyder Superman war thread I'm going to say that maybe DC should start pursuing an animation angle for Superman's corner of the DC universe. I think it better translates to Supes larger than life world. Maybe look to the golden and silver age for inspiration, people don't seem very receptive of Superman being a farmers dream.
    In which part of the movie did they show Superman as a farmer's dream? Pa Kent never wanted him to show himself. What farmer are they referring to Pa or Clark? It is a sincere question not for the sake of arguing.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

I dislike Batman being portrayed as borderline psychotic more than I dislike the portrayal of Superman. It's consistent with how he's been shown in other Batman films as well as the comics but it's not my preference.

I don't think it ruined his chances but it surely didn't help at all. In BVS he was basically Hercules with an S on his chest. Superman is more than that. The Writer(GOyer) and Director (Snyder) just don't fully understand the character, but that's just my two cents.

Since Reeve time the people say that... NO EXIST GOOD FILMS OF SUPERMAN... What is different now for say that?

I donīt know.. With MAN OF STEEL memories and rebirth existence.. I only watched batfleck role and I donīt pay attention to superman...

I thought that MAN OF STEEL was something that ruined Superman no BvS.
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-10-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    The Supergirl TV show version of Superman was well received. Really just use that as a template for the live action movie version going forward. He died in the last movie. Just have him reborn as the
    bold, confident, and even playful version he was on TV.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I don't think it is doomed. I just think that DC animation should get off doing just Batman and Justice League. Their last animated Solo Superman movie was Unbound, and before that, what I would argue the better animated Superman movie, being All-Star Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I don't think it is doomed. I just think that DC animation should get off doing just Batman and Justice League. Their last animated Solo Superman movie was Unbound, and before that, what I would argue the better animated Superman movie, being All-Star Superman.
    I agree with you on the fact that DC animation needs to branch out of the Batman territory and do more Superman animated movies. Heck I'll take a Wonder Woman, GL, Flash or Cyborg movie. Just stop spamming Batman.

And the Last Superman animated movie was Superman vs the Elite....I think, but that was a pretty awesome movie.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I agree with you on the fact that DC animation needs to branch out of the Batman territory and do more Superman animated movies. Heck I'll take a Wonder Woman, GL, Flash or Cyborg movie. Just stop spamming Batman.

And the Last Superman animated movie was Superman vs the Elite....I think, but that was a pretty awesome movie.
    It was Superman Unbound actually. an ok adaptation of Johns Brainiac arc of Action.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lois & Clark and Timm/Dini animated versions disagree.
    Neither of those version are very popular. You say superman to the general audience they see Reeves as Superman in their mind. I can't remember shit about Cain Supes, and it's hilarious how Snyder and Timm Superman are alike in personality yet one gets shit for not smiling, and collateral damage, yet the other doesn't. Timm Superman goes an revenge spree in the STAS' finale but no one gives him shit about. Then in JL and JL:U, Luthor or Darkseid are his trigger words. He gets into a fight with Captain Marvel because of it and Marvel quits the JL because of Superman.

They just need to allow Clark/Superman to be the guy in the interrogation chamber with Lois during the whole movie. They showed us Superman for that brief moment and a bit earlier when he surrendered to General Swanwick. Let him be that guy and he will make everyone forget about Reeve, Ochlin, Cain etc.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    Neither of those version are very popular. You say superman to the general audience they see Reeves as Superman in their mind. I can't remember shit about Cain Supes, and it's hilarious how Snyder and Timm Superman are alike in personality yet one gets shit for not smiling, and collateral damage, yet the other doesn't. Timm Superman goes an revenge spree in the STAS' finale but no one gives him shit about. Then in JL and JL:U, Luthor or Darkseid are his trigger words. He gets into a fight with Captain Marvel because of it and Marvel quits the JL because of Superman.
    Despite my hatred for anything Timm related at least he had the good sense of allowing Clark to speak. Superman had good reasons to hate Luthor and Darkseid. His actions were well justified by the events that took place before. By the way Timm Superman has nothing in common with Snyder's. Ok, they both wear capes. They both were jobbed to Batman as well. Yeah they have a few things in common.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    In which part of the movie did they show Superman as a farmer's dream? Pa Kent never wanted him to show himself. What farmer are they referring to Pa or Clark? It is a sincere question not for the sake of arguing.
    I thought Clark was referring to himself. It's a reoccurring element in Snyder's work for Clark to reaffirm that he's of Earth despite being from space. The first film had him tell the military he was born in Kansas and reject Krypton for Earth. The film series really takes the "I can't find Superman relateable" criticism surrounding the character to heart and tries to paint him as a regular guy who happens to have powers.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    The end of the film. Martha is talking to Clark at Jonathan's grave. There are flashbacks to Clark playing around wearing a cape as a child with his parents looking on:

Martha: He always believed you were meant for greater things. And that when the day came your shoulders would be able to bear the weight.
    Clark: Yeah, I just wish he could have been here to see it finally happen.
    Martha: He saw it, Clark, believe me.

Astonishing Member

^Yeah there's that too.