Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Clone Comspiracy #3 spoilers and discussion

Not sure if it is to early to post this... but I read it just now by buying it through comiXology....

So Ben Reilly is the man under the Jackel mask.... dear god.. says he remembers everything even disintegrating in peters arms

He had uncle bens body delivered to him personally and revealed himself to peter and told him he wants to bring Ben Back

Doc Ock mentions a New proto clone better than the line of clones now so that may lead to something

Anna realizes Kaine may be used to make a cure

Anna tries to call police... officer calls Jackal (Ben Reilly) and sends shocker and rhino Gwen but he calls her "my Gwen" very odd of Ben... but they take kaine and Anna alone with Clone Gwen back to New U

So yea Ben is back.... wonder how people will feel about him being back like this

Have not read it yet but I hate the sound of that.

wow uhm hmmmm yeah no but ok maybe hmmmmmm.

it's gotta be spidercide
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Have not read it yet but I hate the sound of that.
    I've waited 20 years for Ben to return and we finally have him back as some creepy sexual perv acting completely out of character.

Just go Slott for f*ck sake, RYV shits all over this after just 1 issue.

Fantastic Member

Has anyone else realized that Ben/Jackal hasn't been written as a villain in this story? So far it seems his goal has been to bring back good people and ones who died on Peter's watch. He's against killing and he has reformed the villains he brought back. Even the future outbreak is caused by a flaw in the clones rather than intent.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    I've waited 20 years for Ben to return and we finally have him back as some creepy sexual perv acting completely out of character.

I am hoping that it is some mind game that the real Jackal is playing with peter.

creepy sexual perv?
    troo fan or death

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I really want to like this story, but it just seems off. When Spider-Gwen comments about Peter not being like the Peter of her world and he replies "People say that about me and this world", I can almost envision Slott winking at the reader like we're in on some kind of joke, except that it isn't very funny. None of the big surprises, the Jackal's ID reveal, or who they plan on reanimating next are surprises at all. Maybe this is all supposed to be some kind of meta-commentary on death and rebirth in comics, but it just comes across as mundane and self indulgent on Slott's part.

BANNED

Thats the problem, most people reading this will know this isn't the real Peter, he made a deal with the devil to save some old crow and thats what we have right now.

These snide remarks are not funny, they're insulting to the people who paid for all those comic before BND.

We've seen these remarks in a few books lately regarding spiderman so unless something is about to change then Marvel are just being pricks.

Thats the problem, most people reading this will know this isn't the real Peter, he made a deal with the devil to save some old crow and thats what we have right now.

These snide remarks are not funny, they're insulting to the people who paid for all those comic before BND.

We've seen these remarks in a few books lately regarding spiderman so unless something is about to change then Marvel are just being pricks.
    Gotta love hyperboles and broad generalizations based on pure personal preference.

the worst part is the way slott is clearly trying to write peter as a vegan.
    troo fan or death

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Not sure if it is to early to post this... but I read it just now by buying it through comiXology....

So Ben Reilly is the man under the Jackel mask.... dear god.. says he remembers everything even disintegrating in peters arms

He had uncle bens body delivered to him personally and revealed himself to peter and told him he wants to bring Ben Back

Doc Ock mentions a New proto clone better than the line of clones now so that may lead to something

Anna realizes Kaine may be used to make a cure

Anna tries to call police... officer calls Jackal (Ben Reilly) and sends shocker and rhino Gwen but he calls her "my Gwen" very odd of Ben... but they take kaine and Anna alone with Clone Gwen back to New U

So yea Ben is back.... wonder how people will feel about him being back like this

Well there's going to be some folks out there who will bend over backwards to somehow say this isn't a dumb move but i don't think it's a stretch to say this is a move if it is what it appears to be that's going to not sit well with quite a few people.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Well there's going to be some folks out there who will bend over backwards to somehow say this isn't a dumb move but i don't think it's a stretch to say this is a move if it is what it appears to be that's going to not sit well with quite a few people.
    We still don't know anything about how he came back or the motivation for the stuff he's doing yet.
    Last edited by Shirayuki; 12-07-2016 at 05:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    We still don't know anything about how he came back or why he's doing what he is yet.
    When he died, MJ was in labour and Peter was married.

It will be interesting to know if he came back before BND and if so what about spider verse then? if he came back after both events then surely he knows everything has changed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I really want to like this story, but it just seems off. When Spider-Gwen comments about Peter not being like the Peter of her world and he replies "People say that about me and this world", I can almost envision Slott winking at the reader like we're in on some kind of joke, except that it isn't very funny. None of the big surprises, the Jackal's ID reveal, or who they plan on reanimating next are surprises at all. Maybe this is all supposed to be some kind of meta-commentary on death and rebirth in comics, but it just comes across as mundane and self indulgent on Slott's part.
    Peter might not be the real Peter.