View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arclight #3 (of 4)

1 4.76%
  • Black Science #26

4 19.05%
  • Cannibal #3

0 0%
  • Eclipse #4

1 4.76%
  • Glitterbomb #4

0 0%
  • Invisible Republic #13

1 4.76%
  • Island Magazine #13

0 0%
  • Motor Crush #1

3 14.29%
  • Nailbiter #27

1 4.76%
  • Revival #45

2 9.52%
  • Ringside #8

1 4.76%
  • Savage Dragon #218

3 14.29%
  • Violent Love #2 (of 5)

0 0%
  • The Walking Dead #161

1 4.76%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #24

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 49 - Motor Crushin' it!

Welcome back to another instalment of the weekly Image poll! If you're new here, we vote for whatever comic we liked this week and chat about them.

Last week's poll was won by the return of Monstress, marking the third victory for the fantasy epic this year! Wooo stats, I'll make a piechart in a few weeks when the year's over.

Notable releases this week include: Arclight returns to finish its storyline despite the 8House universe line of books having seemingly collapsed, this week is the penultimate issue. Black Science begins a new storyline, while Eclipse and Glitterbomb end their first ones. Invisible Republic is back from a delay, Nailbiter includes a back-up story by Tee Franklin & Juan Ferreyra, Revival's final arc seems poised for war, and Savage Dragon has one-shot this month which new readers may appreciate. Lastly, Violent Love's debut issue gets a reprint, as does the Wicked+Divine one-shot!

Whew, and that ain't all yet! This week also sees the launch of Motor Crush. The new sci-fi series from the Batgirl revamp team about a worldwide motorcycling tournament. Oh and also about cracking down on drug trafficking gangs who make narcotics out of motor fuel. Catch a whiff of this premise! Motor Crush also includes a prologue for the upcoming series Isola as a back-up, to sweeten the deal even further.

266928.jpg

Motor Crush just won over Violent Love this week. I've been looking forward to Motor Crush and I really wasn't disappointed, especially seeing as I didn't get Motor Crush #0, and I'm not really up for paying the Ebay prices haha

I was expecting Frontier #1 too, but my LCS said it wasn't in (I had it down for this week on my spreadsheet). I looked into it and it isn't even showing on the image site now, but #2, 3 and 4 are. Strange! Incidentally, I was also expecting Foolkiller #2 (I know, not Image!). Strange week
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Finally a book again! Black Science #26 for me

Wicked + Divine for me this week. Arclight was interesting, but W+D was just prettier and more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I was expecting Frontier #1 too, but my LCS said it wasn't in (I had it down for this week on my spreadsheet). I looked into it and it isn't even showing on the image site now, but #2, 3 and 4 are. Strange! Incidentally, I was also expecting Foolkiller #2 (I know, not Image!). Strange week
    I was expecting Frontier #1 as well and had the same problem trying to find it on the Image site. I did find it on the PreviewsWorld site with a date of December 14th so fingers crossed but given it's not on the image site I won't get my hopes up until it's in my hands.
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.

Amazing Member

I had subscription ordered Frontier 1 and 2 from mycomicshop.com and got an email recently canceling my order and refunding my money, stating something to the effect of it was delayed and not expected anytime soon. I would like to see this come out soon as I was looking forward to it, but it must be in delay for a bit.

Picking up a bunch of titles this week, but really looking forward to Black Science, Walking dead and Eclipse. I have really liked the world and story that Eclipse has set up.

This is my biggest Image week in a quite a while. Next week I only have two books coming out though.

Black Science #26
    Glitterbomb #4
    Motor Crush #1
    Nailbiter #27
    Revival #45
    Violent Love #2
    The Walking Dead #161
    The Wicked + The Divine #24

Damn, that is a shame to hear I am getting the first and second TWD compendiums for Christmas, so I will complete it with compendiums, which will be a long wait!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spyffy View Post
    I was expecting Frontier #1 as well and had the same problem trying to find it on the Image site. I did find it on the PreviewsWorld site with a date of December 14th so fingers crossed but given it's not on the image site I won't get my hopes up until it's in my hands.
    Someone at my LCS said that Hickman wasn't satisfied with some of his writing and art on the book, and set the entire series back several months because of that. I'd rather have quality later than mediocre stuff now, so I'll wait.

Revival - everything at this point is a "holy crap!" moment. Looks like our 3 groups are all heading for the same place... things are going to get even more "holy crap!" when that happens.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Nailbiter gets my vote. Seems like it is my vote almost every time it comes out. An under appreciated gem.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Nailbiter gets my vote. Seems like it is my vote almost every time it comes out. An under appreciated gem.
    Williamson is an underappreciated writer in general. Birthright is also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Williamson is an underappreciated writer in general. Birthright is also very good.
    Yeah, I really like Birthright also.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

another week of no image titles for me--blah. In fact-- a week with NO titles for me? Aaaaaa!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet