Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I liked this a lot, and am certainly hoping this run lasts a while. Give it your support!
    If Marvel wanted Rich Riders support they would have made him better than Captain America 5 years ago in Heroic Age. This is just tokenism as far as I'm concerned. Rich is just making appearances in some teenage kids book. Rich is burnt out, faulty, diseased, whatever. Thanks Marvel.

Fantastic Member

Who would've thought that dying and coming back from the dead and enduring all the crap he did would change someone a bit. Bizarre.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    Who would've thought that dying and coming back from the dead and enduring all the crap he did would change someone a bit. Bizarre.
    Just be glad he didn't go through Brightest Day.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Rich has been my favorite hero since the late 1970s. I have not read the title yet - I just picked it up. But I have looked through it. Yes there is more Sam, but I am okay with that. I am just darn happy Rich is back. I am sure we are going to be getting a lot of Rich story very soon.

Sad that his father died while he was gone. I think that both of his sons being going took an emotional toll on him. The art is not the greatest, but I am okay. Rich is back, and from what I have seen so far, they write him well. And I think his story will be a bit of a slow burn. Most important think - RICH IS BACK!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I know right? I mean I would've expected him to be skipping down the street singing ''Oh what a beautiful morning'' merrily

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I know right? I mean I would've expected him to be skipping down the street singing ''Oh what a beautiful morning'' merrily
    By many accounts, I'd imagine that be considered a sign of abnormality all to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    By many accounts, I'd imagine that be considered a sign of abnormality all to itself.
    What? You mean people don't do this when they come back to life? https://youtu.be/O5APc0z49wg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    What? You mean people don't do this when they come back to life? https://youtu.be/O5APc0z49wg
    Well, I'm no expert, but...

Pass. I don't care about Sam and he is a big part of the book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Pass. I don't care about Sam and he is a big part of the book.
    Not sure what you mean by this or what the point of this was, since we knew Sam was going to be in it and have a big part in it since day one. Saying this doesn't actually add anything.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this or what the point of this was, since we knew Sam was going to be in it and have a big part in it since day one. Saying this doesn't actually add anything.
    He clearly didn't put on his wife's knickers this morning (an old Armstrong and Miller running gag).

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Let's hope it is him thats come back from the dead and not some mysterious entity that's somehow taken his form and memories and is convinced that he's the real Richard back from the dead.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Let's hope it is him thats come back from the dead and not some mysterious entity that's somehow taken his form and memories and is convinced that he's the real Richard back from the dead.

This is exactly what it felt like, and this issue didn't give me any hopes about Richie's future. I already tried all of Sam's first solo and it wasn't for me, so the more Sam in this book, the more likely I'll be dropping it
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

For me this was a GREAT ISSUE hands down, I will try not to be spoilery (but it’s going to be hard).
    For me the Issue hit all the points, it picked-up straight away from the last Nova issue (Issue #11). The VERY first two pages were sad (heartbreaking), scary and alarming, then with Rich’s inquiry to his mother we bounce off.

I enjoyed the battle and the banter back and forth, it was GREAT!!!Then I just knew it would happen one day... I knew it… I knew it… an emergency would pop up and Sam would put that helmet on not dressed and then not thinking take it off.
    I always thought it would take place in front of his friends, the other two of THE TRIO (Miles and Kamala) or all the Champions as a whole. Just like Blake said "like that Nightmare, but it actually happened" to Sam. Then a little later we have Sam with the helmet sounding an
    alarm and the story takes off (rush with all possible speed), back to the first part.

Now those last two pages… WOW… my eyes widened, my mouth hung open (a little) and I held my breath (for a sec). The whole book (Issue) and all the little stories lines or threads converge here.

A Hard Core Rich fan said:
    "I want to really add that final pages with Rich REALLY struck me. I felt a complex mix of emotions that they were trying to portray with Rich's return that was just really...heavy. I honestly cannot wait for the second issue."

I needed to quote this Rich fan, for his words in the above quote were excellent.
    Though this is a huzzah moment for all of Nova fandom, it's also (IMO) a more special moment for... I'll stop there

It was a Great Issue and I look forward to more. But there is one bad thing about this... I now must wait till January 4th to get Issue #2... ugh. Again, I Loved this issue, and though am a BIG Sam fan, I have a BIG smile with Rich back.
    … I must see Issue #2!!!

Scoring it I give it... 10/10 . I admit am not very objective (being a fan boy and all)

N2.jpg

A Vision Of: Things To Come
    Endeavor to persevere.

Lovin it so far. Can't wait for the team up and Mentoring.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.