Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    100% against a New Warriors revival.

Rich got past that and them, he needs to get back to being big time in the cosmic landscape, not chained again to a team that, despite several attempts at relaunching, just cannot sustain an on going these days.
    Why can't he be in both? The Avengers have heavy hitters that carry their own simultaneous books. I think the very reason the New Warriors books haven't sold, post volume one, is because of that very notion that they are minor leaguers which is perpetuated by the current Marvel editorial team. Thing is though, they are not the JV team anymore. All of those characters have grown up and powered up and together, reassembled, they could be a force to be reckoned with! Anyway, I can understand not wanting Marvel's best cosmic hero to be chained to earth but I say, let him have his cosmic grandeur in his solo book and be the heavy in a New Warriors revival at the same time. I feel like if the Warriors were propped up like the Avengers or X-Men, they would have more potential to carry a series.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    100% against a New Warriors revival.

Rich got past that and them, he needs to get back to being big time in the cosmic landscape, not chained again to a team that, despite several attempts at relaunching, just cannot sustain an on going these days.
    Actually given the choice,I like to take him back with the Avengers for a proper run as a member. I remember there was some one-off special where Richie had just been finally offered Avengers membership and he met up with Spider-Man and in the course of a battle against some villians, Richie was asking Spidey advice on if he should accept and what it meant been an Avenger. Then after that Richie joined the newly formed Secret Avengers, had one mission as a member and then left.

So I would like to see him become a member again, maybe with the main team this time and for longer.

If the TV show goes through we most likely will get a comic New Warriors revival. Maybe Speedball and Squirrel Girl will get back together!

On Nova #1, it was an ok issue. Not much development or dialogue (I was done with it in less than 5 minutes). Pure set up for the short attention span, nothing wrong with that. I wonder if there was more to the Ego scene as he was once the host of the Worldmind. I hope they don't change Rich's costume too much. His Annihlation Nova uniform is one of my favorite costume designs ever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Night-Thrasher just recently came back to life, Justice and Speedball are...somewhere, Namora might show up in this book given she was together with Rich before his last death, but Firestar's been in limbo Post-Secret War.
    Don't you mean Namorita; since Namora is Nita's mother.....??
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 12-20-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Thank you! It feels like I'm paying full price for half a book. I find it funny that Marvel can give us a Thor book and still have a She-Thor. Marvel can have a Captain America book and one for Falcon Cap and Spider-man books and one for Miles.

Why do Rich and Sam have to share a book? It feels like Marvel is using me to prop up Sam.
    The Thor book is only a mini, and neither Rich nor Sam have ever been as successful as Thor, Cap, or Spider-Man. Two Nova books wouldn't last long at all.

Really enjoyed this first issue! Pick of the week and the contest wasn't close. I can easily see this becoming my favorite Marvel book if it keeps this up.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    Why can't he be in both? The Avengers have heavy hitters that carry their own simultaneous books. I think the very reason the New Warriors books haven't sold, post volume one, is because of that very notion that they are minor leaguers which is perpetuated by the current Marvel editorial team. Thing is though, they are not the JV team anymore. All of those characters have grown up and powered up and together, reassembled, they could be a force to be reckoned with! Anyway, I can understand not wanting Marvel's best cosmic hero to be chained to earth but I say, let him have his cosmic grandeur in his solo book and be the heavy in a New Warriors revival at the same time. I feel like if the Warriors were propped up like the Avengers or X-Men, they would have more potential to carry a series.
    Because, as I said, he's past them now. He should be a big deal, in space, as Nova Prime. He should not be chained to Earth by guys who haven't done anything of note beyond blow up a school (I know it wasn't all of them and it's unfair to keep them chained to that, but they are all the same).

I was a big fan of the NW back in the day, I have the omnibus, but sadly the name is just tarnished for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Actually given the choice,I like to take him back with the Avengers for a proper run as a member. I remember there was some one-off special where Richie had just been finally offered Avengers membership and he met up with Spider-Man and in the course of a battle against some villians, Richie was asking Spidey advice on if he should accept and what it meant been an Avenger. Then after that Richie joined the newly formed Secret Avengers, had one mission as a member and then left.

So I would like to see him become a member again, maybe with the main team this time and for longer.
    Eh, again, chained to Earth and even worse, he wouldn't be needed on the team. If they have Carol, they dont really need Rich as well, and I dont see her getting bumped for him when she has the movie.

Plus, Rich and the Avengers brings back the horrible taste of Brubacker using Nova in Secret Avengers just to make Captain America look awesome right after Annihilation when Marvel should have been capitalising on Rich getting that huge boost - but instead screwed him over so that Bru could prop up his own character/book.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    http://novaprimepage.com/LovenessPerez.asp

In particular, this part:

Rich's Nova Prime uniform has some slight modifications to its original Annihilation design by Scott Kolins (the additional chest elements, the six pointed star on the helmet vs the original eight, etc.).

I'm curious if those changes are due to artistic design decisions on Ramon's part or are they driven by story elements created by both of you as writers?

Jeff Loveness: I'll let Ramon handle this one. He's brought really great design touches to this. I have horrible aesthetics, so I'm lucky to be on same team as him.

Ramon Perez: The costume changes are reflective of story elements. So all will be explained...
    Thanks for the link. Reading interviews of books I'm enjoying always ups the hype factor for me.

Though, I can't say I see what your worry was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Why do Rich and Sam have to share a book? It feels like Marvel is using me to prop up Sam.
    That doesn't make a lot sense, honestly, though I guess it was something said in frustration.

Seriously, I wonder how many people forgot that Sam and Rich both were stated to be in this book, or didn't notice the covers? It's only been the first issue, too.